Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I learned today that there was an update for Shredder's Revenge last week!

1. You can now have infinite lives on Arcade mode

2. Throwing comes with invincibility frames

3. Taunting can only give you the first level of ninja power (not optional)

Several other options...

I may just have to check out the arcade mode now.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Of course, Turtles Forever took every opportunity it got to make fun of the 1987 Turtles, depicting all four of them as if they were just four 1987 Michelangelos (three of which wearing his brothers' colors and weapons), and having the 2003 Turtles constantly criticize them for how stupid and doofus-like they are.
I wonder if different cuts of the film are floating around, because I don't remember things happening quite in that fashion....

I mean, yes, 2003-Raph did say "Jeez, it's like havin' five Mikeys!". As 2003-Raph's character was heavily influenced by the first set of live-action movies, one would expect that. And yes, the 87-verse we saw looked to be heavily in the mode of the later CBS seasons, rather than the initial 5-part miniseries (which was a bit more serious).

That being said, once 2003-Donnie figured out 1987-Donnie's methods, they worked very well together, and 1987-Raph was a riot driving Hun up the fourth wall with all his snarky asides....

"WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?!! THERE'S NO-ONE THERE!!"

To quote Jonah from MST3K, "Forget Deadpool, you're the next Bugs Bunny!"

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
...was it?

Huh, I always thought it was drawing from the Mirage comics.
I mean, yes, in that they all draw from the Mirage comics, hence the whole "Turtle Prime" plot point. 🙂

But the whole high-tension-with-Leo-because-we-have-to-DO-something! business that 2003 Raph had seemed fairly faithfully ported from the 1990s films, to my eyes at least.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I meant that I thought that surly attitude originated with the Mirage Comics, which the '87 toon avoided, rather than with the '90s movie.

Caldwin

Citizen
Raph did have a more violent attitude than his brothers in the Mirage comics that sometimes made him butt head with his brothers (usually Leo). For examples, see the Rraph one-shot where Casy was introduced, the beginning of The River trilogy or the beginning of Return to New York.

But I think that the actual rivalry where Raph and Leo are constantly bickering all the time is probably more of a product from the movie.

Deathy G1

Citizen
My Ultimates Slash came in yesterday with very sloppy paint including a yellow eye on the main head that glooped outside the indentation for it in the sculpt. It went back to Amazon soon after I opened it with a replacement arriving today.

Shadhausen

Citizen
So I saw the BST IDW Comic Turtles at Wal-Mart and I'm not sure exactly what makes them IDW comic versions because they look nothing like them.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm not even sure what those are. Pics?

Different note, Armageddon Game: The Alliance #3 came out today. Very Alopex-centric 😍

Edit:
If the comics you're talking about are the ones includief with those figures, I haven't gotten any yet, but my impression is that they're reprints of colorized reprints of Mirage comics centered on the specific character.

Caldwin

Citizen
So I just wanted to comment on the two very different art styles in Armageddon Game Alliance that came out yesterday.

DCC381F2-DD4A-4B70-8099-E3B820D29640.jpeg

This is very stylized but in a good way. Where as Pablo's art was stylized in a way that made people look like mal-formed potatoes, this is stylized in a way that honestly kinda reminds me of Frank Miller in a way. I wouldn't want it to be this way from now on, but in this little bit, I actually like it.

65CF3C38-18E6-4421-ABF7-64234EAF23F6.jpeg

Now this kicks ass! I honestly want a Displate of this frame right here. If we were able to get this art for a single TMNT full-sized graphic novel, I would go absolutely nuts. They need to keep a hold of this artist.

😍

Caldwin

Citizen
I found some storage-shell turtles at Target Exactly like the old 80's ones. I already have Storage-Shell Donny, but I was tempted to get the others...until I saw this guy!

F396533A-BE1C-49C8-9838-A926070E2045.jpeg

❤️😍❤️😍❤️

Here's a size comparison next to what used to be the tallest toys in my TMNT collection.
FE76EBE8-C969-451E-A457-22617E9F1EC4.jpeg

Not quite as tall as Cheetara, but reeeeally close!

FA9316E3-FE6D-40AA-A357-7A8730745B8C.jpeg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The look on that Raph's face... he is either in dire pain, has seen something he desperately wishes he could unsee, or both.

Deathy G1

Citizen
What's the status of the NECA Turtles in Time Slash?
It arrived and almost all the joints were fused to the point that heat from a blow dryer and a boiling water dip couldn’t fix them, so it went back to the seller. I got Super7 Metalhead (from the same Amazon seller) instead, and aside from legs that are loose at the hips (they don’t wobble, but he struggles to carry the backpack in some poses), he’s great.

247AEE89-2D7C-4E27-9139-6B5DF6FE61D0.jpeg

…and yes my two favorite turtles are not part of the original four.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I found some storage-shell turtles at Target Exactly like the old 80's ones. I already have Storage-Shell Donny, but I was tempted to get the others...until I saw this guy!

View attachment 11371

❤️😍❤️😍❤️

Here's a size comparison next to what used to be the tallest toys in my TMNT collection.View attachment 11372

Not quite as tall as Cheetara, but reeeeally close!

View attachment 11373
Man that new green they're using for re-issues of Raph looks so sickly, I can't get over it.

Love me some Storage Shell turtles tho! Those were my go-to Turtles molds as a kid.

Caldwin

Citizen
My package arrived from BBTS today.

C911A778-E99A-4985-8BC5-C7E5F5DBB7F4.jpeg

I don't have many Splinter toys (3 including this one). So Splinter as Van Helsing looked too awesome to pass up.

7A9973DA-E955-4CC3-8754-C692BDAF7ECF.jpeg

There's also a head included without the hat, but I like the hat.

719CD5CB-4C89-4791-8F44-88CACCBD336F.jpeg

Also, this came.

62697464-9268-4FF0-BF91-47DCFA1712AE.jpeg

I really love these Super 7 boxes.

77B01DA0-4625-48F5-8E7B-5851E23D7AB8.jpeg

It's like peeling back layers to get to the treasure at the center.

DD01ADE9-021D-4AFA-BFD2-4BD35D14E355.jpeg

Real rope! They certainly don't skimp on the accessories.

2731DBCF-42DB-4BA1-8EB4-17D84113D60F.jpeg

Now all I need are Jagwar and Dreadmon. Has there been any more word on them, like a release date or something?

Top Bottom