Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

wentwood

Citizen
Currently watching TMNT 2003. I would still have Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to finish. Also need to watch Tales Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I'm on Turtles In Space Parts 1 - 5. Up to that point catching what I missed. (1987 series completed on DVD )

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
41FCE537-20C1-4076-AEA4-AE38A98FB386.jpeg

I honestly don't know what to do. Normally when I get a new TMNT figure, I immediately rip int the box and get it out. But I've never lucked into a chase variant before. Adding onto it the fact that I should be getting the NECA version from BBTS sometime soon, everything inside me is yelling at me to, just for once, keep it MIB.

Caldwin

Citizen
This came from BBTS. Yay!

093E54DD-5044-481A-8025-76EF51CAEA87.jpeg

9B8E2A65-D142-4078-AE73-AC274EAE411A.jpeg

Lots of accessories, most of which will probably go into a bin. But still, very nice.

697AB4A3-343B-4CC1-A985-8618DEB2A9AD.jpeg

He even has the tonfa that was missin from the Playmates version. Over all, very nice and I think it just became my new favorite TMNT toy.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I was looking for a clip from Turtles Forever where the 80s turtles were shouting their catch phrase and the 2003 version were saying theirs.

What were the catch phrases? Was it three each? Or just two?

80s
Cowabunga
Turtle Power

It's Ninja Time
Let's kick shell?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Midway through the movie, right before they enter the upgraded Technodrome, they go back and forth with the following phrases:

1987: "Go green machine!"
2003: "It's ninja time!"
1987: "Turtle Power!"

Then, at the very end, the two exchange each other's phrases when saying their goodbyes to each other:

1987: "It's ninja time!"
2003: "Turtle Power!"

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
That's it? Dang. I had it in my head that they had two phrases each that they told each other. I don't even remember Go Green Machine.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
That's it? Dang. I had it in my head that they had two phrases each that they told each other. I don't even remember Go Green Machine.
Well, in the first fight against the Foot Soldiers when the two Turtle groups find the Technodrome underground, the 1987 Turtles all yell "Cowabunga!" when they charge into battle, with the 2003 Turtles utterly confused about how un-stealthy and gung ho the 1987 Turtles are just charging in without a plan. The 2003 Turtles then just jump in yelling "Cowabunga" themselves, but do so just because the 1987 Turtles did and not because it's something that they themselves do. They were basically winging it in that moment.

Of course, Turtles Forever took every opportunity it got to make fun of the 1987 Turtles, depicting all four of them as if they were just four 1987 Michelangelos (three of which wearing his brothers' colors and weapons), and having the 2003 Turtles constantly criticize them for how stupid and doofus-like they are.

wentwood

Citizen
The 2012 3 part finale was good.

87 Raph complains that this is a kids' show.

87 Leo freaking out about how violent the 2012 series was.

Funny moment

One of the 87 TMNT trying to slice a fire hydrant.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
According to the Toyark, distributors have started to post listings for next summer's TMNT movie line. The most interesting thing is that the company noted is NOT Playmates Toys. It seems McFarlane Toys, hot off the Avatar license, will be producing toys this time around. To me, this is a fairly significant license change, and a big grab by McFarlane.

Caldwin

Citizen
I think McFarlane, I thing hellspawn and dark darkness. Seeing a McFarlane TMNT ought to be interesting. I don't have any MacFarlane toys, but my impression is that they're usually pretty good quality, right?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I've only bought a handfull of recent DC figures. as ever though, McFarlanes sculpts are often brilliant, but aren't as articulated as other lines, they often don't believe in a waist swivel. And they have a nasty habit of giving you what you almost want in a figure, just to give you the full deal with another nearly identical figure later on. Looking at the Batman Beyond with the stupid normal Batman Batarangs. And in this day making an unmasked variant just to sell another figure is BS when it could just be included with the normal. And sometimes they have a bit of odd "diaper" look to their abdomens. Probably won't be an issue with the Turtles though.

I expect them to be ok figures, and hopefully more like their other lines that are pretty basic with their releases. At minimum the Turtles have to come with their appropriate weapons, and if McFarlane screws that up they know they'll have hell to pay. But don't expect a weapons tree full of throwing stars and other odds and ends.

Top Bottom