Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well in the 1st season. Roseanne didn't come back later on.

Nick stacked the cast well in the 2012 series. Can't say Rise didn't have some stand out actors either, but it was pretty hard to top what 2012 did. I mean the four turtles were originally the original Raphael, Jim from American Pie, Beast Boy, and Samwise :D

I mean browse through 2012's IMDB and it's a treasure trove of Actors and popular Voice Actors.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
FF184ADB-D5C1-4342-A54E-FDD4C2FF1187.jpeg

E38330E1-3E79-4D15-ABF0-2D5D6DF67775.jpeg

I know, I know. I said I wasn't going to get any more BST AXN figures after that faulty Donny. But after a crappy, allergy intensive day, I needed a mood pick me up. So I went to Walmart and decided if there was absolutely anything new in either Masters of the Universe or TMNT section, I'd go for it. I found this.

It actually wasn't nearly as fall-aparty as Donny. Soooo...pretty decent!

Caldwin

Citizen
Here's good. It's TMNT related.

I saw it last might. I'm usually okay with them taking the piss out of something I like. After all, it's usually done with affection and you know they're just taking the piss out of it.

But something about that one felt less like good natured ribbing and more like a thinly veiled rant about something they truly didn't like. Sooo...I truly gave it the finger.

Caldwin

Citizen
0A8CBF7E-AFF0-4161-8B74-EC2D79A3F3E1.jpeg

Got this from Ebay tonight. To b hones, I wasn't really all that interested until I played Shredders Revenge, but then I had to get it.

5A228406-8CB5-4465-AE91-A5FA12904ECA.jpeg

it looks really nice. I really love those katana.

01EEFCFE-4EE5-4C5C-B3E3-FC8DE5C14912.jpeg

This thing is huge! I thought Super Shredder was tall (and he is), but Chrome Dome easily beats him. He even makes the Pizza Monster look small, and even that is not a small toy!

I like this thing,

Caldwin

Citizen
What the hell? Since I got Chrome Dome, I wanted to see the episode that he was in. Well you remember that "Complete Classic Series Collection" I got from Amazon for $24? Pretty good deal right? Except this "COMPLETE Classic Series Collection" does not have the episodes "Planet of the Turtleoids." Just...straight up doesn't have them. Well, nice COMPLETE set you got there, ass holes!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Fan wiki to the rescue! It’s on the special features of the season 10 disc. They probably skipped over it in the original releases of season 5 and put it on the season 10 disc to make up for it.

Shadewing

Citizen
iirc wasn't it originally a primetime special? I remember Turtles had a few special episodes that were aired, that might not be part of the normal airing lists.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
iirc wasn't it originally a primetime special? I remember Turtles had a few special episodes that were aired, that might not be part of the normal airing lists.
Yep, Planet of the Turtleloids and The Great Cufflink Caper are the two prime time specials I remember.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, fans complained about that episode missing from the initial DVD release of season 5, so they put it in the season 10 set as an extra instead of re-releasing season 5 with that episode included as a whole new separate release.

Shadewing

Citizen
Kinda like what Disney did with a few of its Disney Afternoon series, since the opening miniseries of them technically weren't part of the normal airing seasons they weren't released in the seasonal sets.

Shadewing

Citizen
In my own rewatch of the 2012 series, I think I might have to revise what I said earlier of it being my second favorite. It actually might be my first. While the 2003 series certainly has a stronger story over all, and probably some of the definitive versions of certain characters; the 2012 series is overall, more fun to watch. It manages to keep the spirit of the 80's cartoon with a lot humor, while still telling some really good stories and not really toning down the storytelling much, while making sure the bad guys mostly remain a credible threat (aside from the basic Kraang soliders). Like the 2003 series is awesome, but I think it maybe takes itself too seriously at times, with Mikey and sometimes Splinter being the main points of comedy.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kinda like what Disney did with a few of its Disney Afternoon series, since the opening miniseries of them technically weren't part of the normal airing seasons they weren't released in the seasonal sets.
Of all the technicalities to hang your hat on...

Caldwin

Citizen
Not sure I understand. We were talking about why some episodes don't make it into collections and she brought up an example from another show. I mean, I didn't watch a whole lot of Disney Afternoon at the time and only bought the Gargoyle sets much much later...but it seemed like a valid comparison to me.

Top Bottom