Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Fair warning, when you do eventually get to the final season (retitled "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), DO NOT watch the episodes in their original broadcast order (which is sadly how they are arranged in most places). Nickelodeon aired them drastically out of order from how they were produced (airing two story arcs only on Nicktoons, even, instead of Nick proper), which made for a much more jumbled viewing experience. The original production order flows much better overall, and uses a more appropriate story arc as the series finale, rather than the one that aired last on TV, which didn't feel like a proper ending at all compared to the actual last one produced.

*checks Wikipedia*

Well, that explains why "New Girl in Town" and "I Monster" were in different orders between Netflix and Vudu. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm going to need to make a spreadsheet.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
*checks Wikipedia*

Well, that explains why "New Girl in Town" and "I Monster" were in different orders between Netflix and Vudu. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm going to need to make a spreadsheet.
Yeah, a couple of episodes were also aired slightly out of order in the first two seasons (three and four were all aired correctly in production order), but those instances were incredibly minor since the first two seasons were pretty episodic. Season 5, however, is when Nick practically threw its hands in the air and just aired the episode arcs of that season in whatever order they wanted. It was especially confusing when the intended final arc aired right in the middle of the season.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Korra got jerked around HARD by Nick. Moving the premier times and even just making it exclusive online for a period of time. It was obnoxious.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Korra got jerked around HARD by Nick. Moving the premier times and even just making it exclusive online for a period of time. It was obnoxious.
Which is why I specified "airing order". As in they didn't air any episodes out of order like they did for Tales of the TMNT.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Fair warning, when you do eventually get to the final season (retitled "Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), DO NOT watch the episodes in their original broadcast order (which is sadly how they are arranged in most places). Nickelodeon aired them drastically out of order from how they were produced (airing two story arcs only on Nicktoons, even, instead of Nick proper), which made for a much more jumbled viewing experience. The original production order flows much better overall, and uses a more appropriate story arc as the series finale, rather than the one that aired last on TV, which didn't feel like a proper ending at all compared to the actual last one produced.

I just matched up Wikipedia to the episode list on Vudu. Yeah, I realize Wikipedia isn't always the most reliable source of information. But I would think something like this shouldn't be hard to get correct. Anyway....

It seems Season 5 is even more effed up than that. There's some episodes listed on Wikipedia that are not included on the Vudu set:
The Foot Walks Again
The Big Blowout
The Wasteland Warrior
The Impossible Desert
Carmageddon

There is also an hour long episode in the set that's not listed on Wikipedia.
Mutant Apocalyse

That raises a few questions. How important are these episodes? Will I still understand what's going on by the end of it all? Any ideas on why these episodes weren't included?

I mean, what the heck is it with these people? My "Complete Series" Collection of 2012 is missing episodes. My Season 4 set of the 2003 series doesn't include "I Monster," one episode I really wanted to see because of Rat King but had to go on Youtube. I got every collection on TMNT Adventures on ComiXology just to find that it's missing 7 issues plus another 2 issues of Mutanimals. It would be nice if, when buying these collections, you can be confident that you're getting a complete collection.

Anywaay, sorry for a tangent there. Main thing is, how important are the episodes I'm missing?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Will agree that on Rise, when we got the new origin for Splinter, when there was more depth, it got more awesome. I especially like the revelation of the new Baxter Stockman because it came out of nowhere for me.

I didn't get the whole Hot Soup thing but, hex, it was just trying to be the new Booyakasha (which I didn't really like as a saying anyway) and Cowabunga. I did end up liking Hot Soup as the catchphrase. I assumed it was just something Japanese sounding like Hatsu or whatever that translates to.

MrBlud

Citizen
Mutant Apocalypse is just a collection of The Wasteland Warrior, The Impossible Desert, and Carmageddon.

Likewise, the run time for “Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady” is 64 minutes leading me to believe that’s probably it in addition to The Foot Walks Again and The Big Blowout.

So the “Complete Series” should have everything.

Caldwin

Citizen
Mutant Apocalypse is just a collection of The Wasteland Warrior, The Impossible Desert, and Carmageddon.

Likewise, the run time for “Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady” is 64 minutes leading me to believe that’s probably it in addition to The Foot Walks Again and The Big Blowout.

So the “Complete Series” should have everything.
Thank you. Didn't see how that was 64 minutes. So yeah, it seems like a good assumption that that's what it is. Thanks!

Caldwin

Citizen
RE: Parasitica...

I...hate...WASPS!

Had to turn away there for a moment. *looks up* Brr. Still don't want to watch this.

I like the Rat Kings design. Wonderfully grotesque. But never...ever...show me a wasp. And I can still hear the buzzing so I'm not looking up.

Edit: Okay, episode is over. I think I can safely put that on a list of episodes never to watch again.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Thank you. Didn't see how that was 64 minutes. So yeah, it seems like a good assumption that that's what it is. Thanks!
Yeah, Season 5 is full of multi-part story arcs, a few of which originally aired compiled together as feature-length TV specials instead of individual episodes.

Also, an alternative to using Wikipedia as a reference for the episode production orders would be TMNTPedia. ;)

Shadewing

Citizen
...Okay the Pizza Puffs episode comes close to wiping away every good thing I've said about the Turtles in this series; seeing as Leo, Don, and Mike are superglued to the idiot ball the entire episode.

Meanwhile on the other hand, the Brownie episode is coming close to convincing me Splinter is the best character in this series.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
D6FB76D0-3C9C-4C52-81CE-7089B08A8B1F.jpeg

This came from Amazon today. I finally have something TMNT that I can put on my hardback shelf!

Soooooo, yeah. Everyone run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore/comic shop.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
...Okay the Pizza Puffs episode comes close to wiping away every good thing I've said about the Turtles in this series; seeing as Leo, Don, and Mike are superglued to the idiot ball the entire episode.
I'm pretty sure that happened in a earlier episode.

MV5BY2YwMGU4MTAtY2ZjZC00MmY2LWJkNjYtY2EzMzBlY2I5OGJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5ODg2MA@@._V1_.jpg

Heh...a literal idiot ball.

Meanwhile on the other hand, the Brownie episode is coming close to convincing me Splinter is the best character in this series.
That's because he is. Splinter, by FAR, gets the most character development of anyone on the show.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm pretty sure that happened in a earlier episode.

MV5BY2YwMGU4MTAtY2ZjZC00MmY2LWJkNjYtY2EzMzBlY2I5OGJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5ODg2MA@@._V1_.jpg

Heh...a literal idiot ball.

That's because he is. Splinter, by FAR, gets the most character development of anyone on the show.

At least that episode was fun, Pizza Puffs is just... painful in every possible way.

Okay, it starts reasonably enough. "Yeah, right, that warning's just their to keep up from eating your food; you're always doing stuff like that." So yeah, them eating the poisoned food makes sense; its the fact that for this specific episode Don, Leo, and Mike are made out to be lazy, inept, whiners that want Raph to solve all their problems makes absolutely no sense, less so this far into the series. If this was an early season 1 episode, it might not bother me as much.

Shadewing

Citizen
...holy shit... a Cuddly The Cow-Lick cameo... I'll admit, the series does cram in a lot of unexpected cameos...

Top Bottom