New Anime Stream Thread (Also Saturday Morning Cartoons, and bad movie nights)

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Figure why not? Some folks here might still be interested in checking out what we're showing.

This Thursday we begin two new shows!

Sheild Hero and Ascendance of a Book Worm!

Yep, Isekai mayhem, but arguably two of the best of the genre. It'll be interesting for me to hear the dub of these, as I watched them subbed as they came out.

That being said, for anyone who doesn't remember, or didn't see my thread on the last boards. We generally only showed dubbed anime. IF the anime doesn't have a dub, we'll show it subbed, but otherwise dub all the way. Sorry if you're not really into dubs, but that's how we roll here. (It's just generally easier to stream where any visual glitch can mess up subtitles, and frankly we just don't have any issues with dubbing.)

Also we stream cartoons on Saturday Morning. We're playing currently:
Hamtaro
Eek The Cat
Static Shock
Carmen Sandiago (Netflix)
Centaur World
Random "What a Cartoon!" shorts.

We'll likely be airing the new pony movie the Saturday after it comes out.

Finally on the first of each month, Wednesday night we do bad movies. These are usually dollar tree animated films I've gathered, and we try to see if it was worth the buck or not. Usually they aren't. XD

If any of these sound fun, please drop on by!

Anime streams are Thursday nights at 8pm EST

Saturday Morning Stream begins at 9:30 AM EST

Bad movie nights only happen on the first Wednesday of every month. The time can be 9:30 pm to 10/10:30 pm EST. Sadly this is because I work before the stream, and it all depends on when I'm able to get home.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Alright, this Wednesday is Bad Movie night. I'm thinking of trying to find something that'll fit with the monster/spooky theme. I've got enough random movies that if I do only one a month, we can go on for years...

Also this month on the 16th is the Halloween stream. I'll give more details when it's not 3am in the morning.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's too many bad monster movies to pick from without narrowing it down. What are you considering?

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Well see that's the beauty of bad movie night. So what I've been doing is going to Big Lot stores and Dollar Tree's and grabbing every cheap animated movie they have, and a few family ones that look riffable.
20211005_094417.jpg

As you can see I have quite the pile of them here. So I'll be going through them and finding one that has something to do with 'spooky'

We could end up with a legit good movie. We could end up with something boring, or we could end up with a 'What the hell am I watching?' movie.

All part of the fun! So this Wednesday at about 9 or 10 pm (depends on when I get home from work sadly) I'll put out the announcement and start up. After the movie is over I like to invite some watchers into a voice chat and we discuss the film. Eventually I hope to put these little review discussions online.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
So here are the three from the pile I decided on. If you plan on stopping by, vote for the one you want!

Stream starts in about an hour and a half from now. 10pm EST.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Oh man. The pun on the 2nd one... concept on the 3rd sounds fun. Let me know how it was. Can't b/c work tonight.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I suppose no movie could ever be as good as that description made it sound, but still. Wow.

There's 'made for TV'. There's 'direct to DVD'. And then there's 'direct to your school's weird collection of low effort movies no one else has ever heard of' and this reminded me of that.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Yeah, sadly that wasn't what I had hoped. I really just hoped for something cheesy and stupid, but this was just 'not bad' to 'kinda dull' with the occasional fun bit here and there.

Anyway, more Halloween Stream info:
It'll be Saturday the 16th.

We'll start as always with a Scooby Doo movie. Likely the Courage crossover movie that just came out.

Then it's a toss up between an animated movie "The Halloween Tree" or that live action Casper movie. I'd do both if time permitted, but I doubt we'll have it.

After that it's a movie with Spiders. That's all I'm saying, and I didn't even want to say spiders at first, but I figure if anyone actually has Arachnophobia, it's best to warn them now.

Next up is Steven King's Cat's Eye, which I've only ever seen the last part of. It'll be interesting to watch the rest of it.

Finally we end with a weird Japanese horror movie. But I'll save what it is as a surprise!

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Halloween Stream Tomorrow!

It'll begin around noon to 1pm EST.

There will be NO Saturday Morning Cartoons due to the Halloween Stream. We gotta go grocery shopping at some point in the day. >_<

Videomaster21XX

Citizen

If you plan on stopping by tonight for anime stream, we're doing random movies YOU decide on!

Multiple votes are allowed, so vote for everything that looks good!

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Okay so for the rest of this month, either on Tuesday Night's or Wednesday nights, we are going to be showing episodes of "The Secret Life of Santa" If Tuesday's continue to be early days for me, we'll start early those nights. Maybe 8 or 9. If Wednesday. It'll still be around 10 or 10:30 pm. Not much I can do about that.

In other updates, the Christmas Stream will indeed be held Saturday the 18th of this month. Not really sure what will all be shown yet though.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Okay I think we have some good stuff for the Christmas Stream. A lot of Christmas episodes, so a decent amount. Including some very obscure items.

Ever wanted to hear Santa sing the blues? I've got it!

Beginning Saturday either around noon or more likely 1pm EST.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's still a joy to see these characters again, but this left me with a feeling of "That's it?"

Top Bottom