My Adventures With Superman

Shadewing

Citizen
Heatwave is originally a Flash villain. But as someone who uses tech for their powers, the Heatwave identity fits better than Volcana. (It's possible she was pitched as Volcana but got renamed Heatwave at insistence from DC legal, to keep that name out there now that Legends is over.)

---Dave

I also say having some less known/lower tier villians from other heroes; is a good way to later work in those heroes.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Volcana has also been a recurring guest on the new season of Harley Quinn so maybe that has something to do with it?

Yeah! She totally was! On Poison Ivy's boardroom or so, in the second or third episode. She burned the table, I think.

Edit - second ep of season 4.
IMG_20230821_224653.jpg

Edit again - I watched up to ep6 and whoa, Volcana has been de aged!

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Alright, so two episodes in so far.

And... frankly, while I don't regret sleeping on this: there's nothing here I don't enjoy. The early 90's anime style is a nice touch to make it stand out, the writing is natural, snappy and fun, the new-ish backstory is a welcome change from the normal. The characterization is just... *chefs kiss* and the voice work is passionate and driven. Hell, badgy alone is a ncie touch in his role, and the fact that they used the classic amanda waller body type is a welcome sight. I'm looking forward to the reveal of lois's dad to superman... and his relationship to superman to lois. That's... going to be a whole thing... that should be fun to watch.

About the only thing I do not like is the whole conspiracy theorist jimmy, but it's actually good characterization for him as a photo journalist so I'm perfectly willing to tolerate it. And the foreshadowing in just the first two episodes. They are packing a LOT of little things in for later pay off, and I just hope this series gets the duration it deserves.

Dvandom

Citizen
Still no admission of the General's identity, but the first name is dropped. Consistent with expectations.

I suppose that
Zero Day's main dude was Zod.

---Dave

Shadewing

Citizen
Next week is the season finale,

and its title is Hearts of the Fathers; so I expect that will get info dump on The general and Jor-El.

Also, anyone else reminded of Arkham Riddle with Ivo and how he gets more insane thinking his hero is only winning by cheating?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, that's actually a arc in the comics, too. Matt Fraction's Jimmy Olsen comic had Jimmy's family be one of the founders of Metropolis, instead of selling a social media account, though. So his family is just rich...whenever they talk about Jimmy's family in the comics, which isn't often.

What I want to know is...how does the Daily Planet even HAVE 5 million dollars to give to Jimmy? I guess the paper's doing better than I thought.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new Zod. The mech suits are a little much. Not sure if this is all supposed to be the Phantom Zone or not, though.

I actually kind of feel bad for Sam. He WAS trying to make the dinner work...in his own way. He was just kind of nervous. You could tell he wanted to fidget in that chair. He is NOT used to going over to someone else's house for dinner.

I was definitely wrong about the Kryptonite. I'll admit that. We didn't REALLY get a chance to see Clark's reaction to that, though, with everything else going on.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next season. Whenever it comes out.

Dvandom

Citizen
I'd need to listen to it a few more times, but I think that when Clark dashes off while Jor-El is still talking in Esperanto Kryptonese to him, Jor-El says something along the lines of "Children are such a pain." I definitely caught pain as the last word.

---Dave

Autobubbs

Citizen
Nobody going to talk about Jimmy being pulled off to deal with 'Drama'? Thought that bit was hilarious!

Dvandom

Citizen
"First thing we're doing, Clark, is getting a place with much stronger doorknobs."

---Dave

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Going to need some rather large Diamonds for that…..

Well dinner played out as well as expected.
Sam actually stood down at the end much easier than I expected though.Judging by how things went down over the season there will be a lot more backstabbing by Waller.

And Brainiac and most likely Zod. But where exactly are they. Has Krypton been in a constant state of war with these two, are they conquering other worlds, or is this the Phantom Zone?

And Jimmy suddenly gets a mass of cash for Flamebird!?! I know Perry pulled him aside but unless they actually said the Planet bought it I’m thinking we might have a possibility of another party involved.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Fiiiinally saw the finale.

Loved pa Kent pulling Jimmy for a quick turkey sit-down. Also the revelation. It was in the comics? Cool.

Called the general thing, hehe

Subtitles give away the kryptonese. Is that normal?
20230915_235820.jpg

20230915_235821.jpg

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Wait, the Kryptonian language is actually decipherable? Like, they have a set language for it and you can understand parts of it? Since when was that a thing?
It's a thing in this series, because they apparently used esperanto for kryptonian.

Dvandom

Citizen
This is the second time a DC animation project has used Esperanto for Kryptonian (a Supergirl direct to disc movie was the first). I studied Esperanto by mail in high school in the late 1980s, I never learned enough to be fluent but I do remember enough to catch when it's being spoken.

---Dave

Top Bottom