Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nobody understands the power of Unicorn!

Somebody actually did planet Galvatron eh? Nice.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
This is the second one actually.
IMG_1235.jpeg

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Backed Omega Prime. Previous Haslabs I backed were through a reseller on this side of the world since we don’t get to back them directly in this country. Closest thing would be Hong Kong or Taiwan but I don’t have relatives there any more. The retailers had around $50 upcharge for the Victory dudes but that’s not far off from backing the thing directly and having it shipped here plus, more convenient so I bit on them. For some ungodly reason, Omega Prime’s markup was around $200. Screw that, I’ll bug my relatives in the US and pay to have it shipped here for like a third of that tops.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish I could back it. I love Brave, and Omega Prime looks like the best toy yet of that combination style. And... I actually like RID Ultra Magnus. It's a bad design, but it's one of those designs I find endearingly bad.

But damn, I'm broke.

unluckiness

Citizen
The designer really wanted the car carrier to be able to car carry. That plus having to become a powerup resulted in a mess of a robot mode. Even the animation model couldn’t salvage it.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Oh, hey, Omega Prime actually inspired MMC off their butts to make a Ruination repaint of their MP Bruticus. I skipped that thing entirely because I didn't like the clusterhug MP was turning into and they're way too big next to Generations guys. Going with the absolute unit that is Haslab Omega Prime might just make this work though.
upload_2024-3-10_1-49-34.jpeg

Hug convention exclusives though.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
TFSource does a pretty good job of picking up convention exclusives. You might be able to get one at their next 3% clearance sale.

unluckiness

Citizen
MMC has an official store on this hemisphere that probably won’t kill me with shipping. It’s just another annoying hoop to jump through, when they made G2 Bruticus a mass retail release that E-shelfwarmed.

Man, MMC are terrible at business. No wonder their IDW line got nuked.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
Gonna need a bigger Scourge too. Looks like the only real choice is Fanshobby’s Scourge which I had for a bit. It’s decent but just about bare minimum on every front.
IMG_1364.jpeg

Thing is, it’s somehow blockier than the original and has quite a bit of dreamwave puff.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish I could back it. I love Brave, and Omega Prime looks like the best toy yet of that combination style. And... I actually like RID Ultra Magnus. It's a bad design, but it's one of those designs I find endearingly bad.

But damn, I'm broke.

Same. Love the design, would love this in my collection. But I just can’t spare the money.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Please, Hasbro. Make mini consolation prize versions of these HasLab sets. I prefer smaller stuff anyway.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
*checks the wiki* Ah, that one.

What a clusterhug of a toyline ROTB was. It's good stuff, but remembering what's in the mainline and what's in Studio Series completely defeated me. Maybe I've just maxed out the toylines I can catalog in my head.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The bit that confuses my the most is that the mainline has a a Kingdom Cheetor remold, but a new mold Airrazor, whereas Studio Series has a new mo,d movie accurate Cheetor, but a bigger retooling of Kingdom Airrazor. The mainline Rhinox is a completely new, but movie inaccurate figure, while Studio Series gets the movie accurate Rhinox.

Top Bottom