Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
I like the guns but I have a knockoff of the old 3P kit so I just used the guns from that one. The giant missile launchers on that one always seemed like they simply could not find anything else to do with the oil tank and was superr fiddly for something conceptually simple so I never liked it. The gapfillers on the DNA kit not being black really killed my interest since the rest was stuff I didn't need. Unfortunately, the only real way to make a decent battle station is a complete remake of the trailer.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Updating Armada has to be hard. The originals already had to sacrifice articulation to afford all that they do, but the budget has gotten worse and the same articulation cuts aren't on the table anymore. Something else has to give, and a lot of it. But they decided not to completely give up the gimmicks either. This took some expert level penny pinching.

This is why I don't complain about Hot Shot's legs or Starscream's wing sword. It is a feat that these are as good as they are.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
358527785_718443596967590_184806611729692785_n.jpg

This looks pretty good aside from the feet sticking out of the middle boat. Why did they do that? Tidal Wave doesn't even have generic robot feet.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Updating Armada has to be hard. The originals already had to sacrifice articulation to afford all that they do, but the budget has gotten worse and the same articulation cuts aren't on the table anymore. Something else has to give, and a lot of it. But they decided not to completely give up the gimmicks either. This took some expert level penny pinching.

This is why I don't complain about Hot Shot's legs or Starscream's wing sword. It is a feat that these are as good as they are.
The only thing that I wish is that Starscream and Megatron at least had non-functional Mini-Con hardpoints like Hot Shot has on his vehicle rear so you could at least pretend if you still have the OG Mini-Cons.

But I guess since they're not doing Mini-Cons (thanks Micromasters or as I like to call them Microshitsters for flopping), they figure that'd just be pointless.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Maybe they would have done better if they weren't literal nobodies. Or at least had better weapon modes. The Earthrise floormasters were some of the lamest crap they've come up with and the two packs were just kinky shit with a handle.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Micromasters didn't even try to make sense as a part of Siege. They were just there. They go well with Modulators, but those didn't come out until Earthrise.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I like how they didn't even bother to try and make the Micromaster vehicle modes in Stege look 'Cybertronian' at all.

I mean you could say the same with the bigger Stege toys too but like they at least generally add some non-Earth elements to the vehicles.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
If the Deluxe and up robots are the size of their Earth counterparts, it'd make the Micromasters around the size of a large-ish dog. I guess that's not-Earth enough lol

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
I bought the orange axe and a purple axe. Thinking about going ham and buying the blue and red ones because at this point, I'm not spending money on figures but the gradients on those two seem noticeably worse.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks good to me, but it doesn't look as massive as it really is. This company has a lot to learn about proportions.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Fanshobby has technically sound toys for the most part but no sense of aesthetics. He needs flared shins, a bigger lower body in general, big hands and a smaller head to imply size.
TFcon-Toronto-23-3p-Panel-226.jpg

TFcon-Toronto-23-3p-Panel-227.jpg

TFcon-Toronto-23-3p-Panel-228.jpg

I'm interested in this if the handle is 5mm compatible. On the big side for the generations scale but way better than the knife that came with armada Starscream.

Attachments

• TFcon-Toronto-23-3p-Panel-227.jpg
    TFcon-Toronto-23-3p-Panel-227.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Top Bottom