Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I think they’re spreading themselves way too thin and reusing the same few terms to describe different things craps all over marketing.

TRU or whatever don’t care that there’s a mainline, flipchanger, core, Supreme or whatver Optimus Primal. All they care about is that the TF shelf has something on it.

Then there’s how the movie toys aren’t all in Studio Series but instead “Transformers Rise of the Beasts Core series” WTF is that. At the very least choose a different term than core which you’ve already used as a pricepoint.

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
It's even stupider when you remember that they are doing Rise of the Beasts in Studio Series.

Like I can understand something simple like: OK the ROTB toys in Studio Series are the more 'premium' collector-aimed toys and the non-Studio Series branded Rise of the Beasts toys are the ones aimed towards children and younger fans and are simpler, have more gimmicks, etc.

But instead it's just like:
hsf7237.jpg
TF-ROTB-Deluxe-Bumblebee-Single.jpg

These are both Rise of the Beasts Deluxe Bumblebee except they're two completely different molds and sold under two completely different sublines with one being Studio Series and the other being that Rise of the Beasts Core series because fuckin why.

unluckiness

Citizen
Oh wow. I saw both in stores but wasn’t really paying attention so I assumed they were just packaging variants.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It's even stupider when you remember that they are doing Rise of the Beasts in Studio Series.

These are both Rise of the Beasts Deluxe Bumblebee except they're two completely different molds and sold under two completely different sublines with one being Studio Series and the other being that Rise of the Beasts Core series because fuckin why.
Because Hasbro had developed their product line(s) for release last year when Paramount originally had slotted Rise of the Beasts. And, as stated by Hasbro themselves, WITHOUT any Studio Series support. Presumably to avoid the same issue as Bumblebee where the Studio Series didn't match the final models for the films.
In that context, the Core Deluxe and Voyager figures would have been the "fill ins" in the absence of Studio Series offerings.

But then Paramount dicked over Hasbro, AGAIN, pushed the film back and year and seemingly continued to fidget with the models. As a result, 90% of all Mirage appearances outside film seem to sport an early head design. And Studio Series Mirage seemed to get delayed so Hasbro could do an 11th hour rework to get the head correct, or at least close enough.

Hell, as is, Studio Series distribution has been such a clusterfudge that, if these Core figures actually get distributed, they could end up easier to get than the Studio Series in some cases.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro really needs to put a "When you hand us the designs, they are final. Don't redesign them behind our backs." clause in the contract. They have gotten burned every single movie.

unluckiness

Citizen
...Have you SEEN any of the prior Bay sequels? Morbius level would STILL be in improvement over Revenge of the Fallen or Age of Extinction.
It’s hard to describe but the prior movies were just plain unremarkably bad instead of memetically, memorably bad like Morbius.

one’s getting a D on a test and the other is handing in a paper with a passing grade but the answers are written in feces and you misspell your name.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
TBH, the leaked synopsis sounds decent but Hollywood's done nothing but disappoint me so I'm keeping expectations low.

unluckiness

Citizen
It actually sounds decent apart from wasting Unicron and bringing stuff up only to handwave it away.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can't wait to see those. This sounds like a bad idea that could somehow end up being good.

unluckiness

Citizen
It’s certainly impossible for it to be worse than it sounds.

i want some of whatever the Gobots people were having when they came up with the concept.

Top Bottom