Masterpiece Thread

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
And it's now available to ship to the US. Also has the price guarantee so if you pre-order and they discount it later, they'll retroactively price-match your preorder to that.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
More new pics:
kW14kdU.png

CX8rkE6.png

wUnWJTo.png

kBFpxsJ.png

F25CD17.png

2udvE6b.png

MD1puEj.png

Dake

Citizen
That robot mode makes my brain itch. It's a physical object that shouldn't exist, yet there it is.

I just really hope it trickles down to the regular line because I'm done buying MPs, but they haven't gotten him right yet elsewhere. I'll pay leader prices for a Voyager size Rhinox if they can manage it.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really like that Deco. The trainbots individually look amazing and fun. The combined mode still just looks blocky and not fun.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of MPG-08 Yamabuki New Trainbot Official from Transformers Masterpiece (20)__scaled_800.jpg

Image of MPG-08 Yamabuki New Trainbot Official from Transformers Masterpiece (13)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of MPG-08 Yamabuki New Trainbot Official from Transformers Masterpiece (17)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of MPG-08 Yamabuki New Trainbot Official from Transformers Masterpiece (18)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of MPG-08 Yamabuki New Trainbot Official from Transformers Masterpiece (21)__scaled_600.jpg

Release Date: October 26, 2024.

Retail Price: ¥ 23,643 JPY

"Trainbot Yamabuki", which transforms into Dr. Yellow of the 925 type 0 series S1 formation, is now available as MPG-08 in the highly popular MPG Trainbot!

Doctor Yellow, which was released as Diaclone Train Robot in the 1980s, is now available as an MPG series product. Reprint!

"Trainbot Yamabuki" is transformed from Doctor Yellow of the 925 type 0 series S1 formation.
The main body is based on "Trainbot Yukikaze", and new 925 type body parts, NEW head, and head parts for Shiden are newly manufactured.

6 Trainbots will be combined into Raiden, but this time you can replace them with "Trainbot Yukikaze" and combine them.

By replacing Raiden's left leg and replacing Raiden's head parts with Shiden's head parts, it becomes "Raiden Special Formation Shiden Y".

Furthermore, if you swap and combine Raiden's "Trainbot Shoki" with the separately sold "Trainbot Ginou", it will become "Raiden Special Formation Shiden".

Set contents:
Trainbot Yamabuki body (1)
Head parts for Shiden (1)
Weapons (1)
Joint parts (1)
Rail A (1)
Rail B (1)
Character card (2)
Handling Instructions (1).

(Source: - https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0CTZM3RC5/ )

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It wouldn't happen in the eternal era of toon, but I would have preferred something chunkier. Super Ginrai is just way too lanky. Imagine this with Godbomber boots.

But someone had to finally do this bot properly, and since Hasbro has seemingly little interest I guess it was going to have to be Ginrai.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So, the cab-only Ginrai is part of the main MP line while the cab-and-trailer combo Super Ginrai (or is it just the trailer by itself alone) is part of MPG?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
. . . . Even as Ginrai, without the cab it's just not whole. Not that I'm a big Masterpiece buyer, but if it was good, I'd consider PMOP. But not if I have to do this all piecemeal.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
One thing, though, this probably DOES preclude the Powermaster Optimus Prime so many were saying could be a next HasLab, at least for a time. There was seven years between MP Star Saber and his Legacy toy, and seven years between Encore Omega Prime and HIS HasLab, so I'm guessing Takara is probably going to want this one to be 'their' claim for a while. On the other hand, like Missing Link, I'd not be surprised at all if HasbroPulse and others don't import it, in both flavors. And like MP Saber, there's no guarantee Ginrai's combining partner will even exist.

Top Bottom