LGBTQ+ Transformers fan thread

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
IMG_20221219_225926.jpg

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
My side of the family is very conservative and religious. Any discussion/arguments about anything they don't like turns into everyone ganging up on me or ignoring me. I hate confrontation, so I avoid getting into those discussions as much as possible. Fortunately, they're not close by, but when they do visit for a few days, it's super stressful.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
My side of the family is very conservative and religious. Any discussion/arguments about anything they don't like turns into everyone ganging up on me or ignoring me. I hate confrontation, so I avoid getting into those discussions as much as possible. Fortunately, they're not close by, but when they do visit for a few days, it's super stressful.
Yeah sounds like it. Sorry you’re going through that. 😔

I’m not going home to see my family this year. My grandmother (who was my only older relative that I felt loved me unconditionally) died earlier this year, and she was the only one I would go back into the closet for to go see (I’m not out as trans with most of my older relatives in my family because there are some who are dangerous people; both my parents are narcs, for example). I had planned on coming out to my Ba eventually this year, but never got the chance. Now I don’t see a reason to go back into the closet ever again to go see anyone else who’s there. I just can’t; there is no one else that I haven’t come out to yet there that I feel is worth going through that closet trauma horror again. But at the same time, I’m feeling massive amounts of guilt for not going, and the honest confusion of my relatives for why I won’t visit is making me feel even worse.

Part of me wants to just rip the bandaid off and just come out to them like RIGHT NOW, but they are the type of people who own guns, aren’t afraid to use threats of and follow-through of violence, and like to stalk and harass their relatives they don’t agree with like it’s a fun hobby. And they are some of the worse anti-trans, homophobic people you would ever meet. So I’m trying to keep myself safe by legally changing my name and moving to a different place w/o ever telling them the new info before I come out, so I can vanish w/o a trace when the get that stalky itch to harass me when they find out who i actually am and don’t agree with my existence (even though it makes me happy, ESPECIALLY if it makes me happy. Because they are both abusive narcs, for which other people who are in their orbit’ happiness is consider a zero-sum game to them that they take personally).

Anyway, I’ve accomplished the move, but I still haven’t changed my name just yet. But it’s just getting so much harder to continue to lie to them. Not for their sake, but for mine, because I’ve been forced by them to lie about who I am to them for so long, I’m ******* sick to shit of it. I hate that they still have that threat of power over me, and I’m almost 40, have a PhD, am married, and work for one of the most powerful companies on the planet. Not saying all that to brag, but it just infuriates me that no matter what I’ve accomplished, I still can’t shake the influence of effing “Mommy and Daddy” from my life. People I hate, and have clearly hated me for being born. 😖😡

(Sorry, emotional vomit into the void on a transformers fan site; wrong place and time, but I’ve just got a lot of feels I need to unload into said void and I don’t really do any other social media. Thank you and sorry to whoever happens to read this. I’m going to bed now.) 😔

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
(Sorry, emotional vomit into the void on a transformers fan site; wrong place and time, but I’ve just got a lot of feels I need to unload into said void and I don’t really do any other social media. Thank you and sorry to whoever happens to read this. I’m going to bed now.) 😔
It's most certainly not the wrong place or time. That's what this thread is for, as far as I can tell. Please keep warm and safe. If you have to stay as far away from such potentially hateful and dangerous people then please do. Their ignorance as to who you really are is most certainly their loss.

If you feel the need to move to a safer country and emigrate there, then do so! Perhaps Canada?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
(Spoiler'd as it might be upsetting)

The UK government may seek to block Scottish reforms making it easier for people to change gender.

It comes after the Scottish Parliament voted to lower the age when people can apply to change their legal gender to 16, and remove the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria.

But this has prompted a clash with the UK government who have concerns over safety for women and children.

Nicola Sturgeon's Scottish government says it will fight attempts to stop it.

On Thursday, members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs) voted by 86 votes to 39 to approve the controversial self-identification system, which makes it easier for people to obtain a gender recognition certification (GRC)...

(Source: - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64073323 )

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Oof. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. I hope you can get that name change and cut them off soon.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
received_480670514211501.jpeg

I wonder about young actors growing up. If they're famous, their sexual history might be on display. Like, the media could probably tell when they lose their virginity (paparazzi or whatever). Must be harder for gay kids.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Depends on how famous they are, or how much they put themselves out on social media. Paparazzi isn't gonna bother much with low list celebs. But, popularity changes. It would be hard having your life on public display and under constant scrutiny.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
'We're Making History': How Official UK Data Finally Includes 'Rainbow Britain'

66785887023da63f8135279688abb273

The UK’s census data has just included the number of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people for the first time in its history.

The March 2021 census – a national survey looking into the UK’s make-up which happens every 10 years – was the first one since the census began in 1801 to ask participants about their sexuality and gender identity. This section of the census was voluntary.

Canada is the only other country in the world to have released data around the gender identity of its citizens so far, although New Zealand is set to ask similar voluntary questions in its 2023 census.

LGBTQ+ charity, Stonewall, tweeted, “we’re making history,” when the census results were released on Friday, adding that it came after “two decades of campaigning” to be “part of a proud #RainbowBritain”...

(Full story: - https://uk.news.yahoo.com/were-making-history-official-uk-153016815.html )

And in other "news"...

Plus, I just saw this and thought it might be worth a chortle or two? It's not fully about trans issues, but it does challenge traditional/conservative uses of pronouns:

-

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

Rishi Sunak blocks Scotland’s gender recognition legislation

"Rishi Sunak’s government has blocked legislation passed by the Scottish parliament that would make Scotland the first part of the UK to introduce a self-identification system for people who want to change gender.

The Scottish secretary, Alister Jack, announced that he would use section 35 of the Scotland Act 1998 for the first time to halt the gender recognition bill after a review by UK government lawyers.

Westminster’s decision to use the “nuclear option” of blocking the bill from going for royal assent represents a significant escalation of tensions around the issue, and will enrage supporters of the changes and nationalists..."

(Source: - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ocks-scotlands-gender-recognition-legislation )

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

Beyoncé divides fans with Dubai Atlantis Royal live show.

_128383471_beyoncedubaitop.jpg

Beyoncé has returned to the stage for her first live performance in five years - but not everyone's excited.

The US megastar headlined the private concert in Dubai to mark the opening of luxury hotel Atlantis The Royal.

Despite a strict no-phones policy at the exclusive, 1,500-seat gig, footage of the show flooded the internet.

Many fans were thrilled to see the return of Queen B, but others weren't happy because Dubai has strict laws against same-sex relationships.

Renaissance, her latest album, has been celebrated for "honouring black queer culture" and taking inspiration from LGBT icons.

It pays tribute to dance music that emerged out of the gay community and also references drag ballrooms in Harlem, New York...

(Full story: - https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-64371662 )

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I just got finished watching Last of Us episode 3, Long Ling Time. I cried a bit.

I recommend watching the EP. It's practically a standalone.

Top Bottom