Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

MrBlud

Citizen
There’s no military solution here short of genocide. Which I assume most of Israel doesn’t want to do (and Hamas lacks the means) so like all conflicts they are eventually going to have to talk.

Thousands of people are going to needlessly die before they do that though :/

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
As much as I disagree with Hamaas' actions (and the support of that group's actions), I do empathise with not only those killed/wounded/negatively impacted by this attack, but also with those (non-violent) Palestinians that might also be negatively affected by this.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
There’s no military solution here short of genocide. Which I assume most of Israel doesn’t want to do (and Hamas lacks the means) so like all conflicts they are eventually going to have to talk.

Thousands of people are going to needlessly die before they do that though :/
There's no going back from this. Israel will never let palestine be in a position to try this ever again. The animosity (to put it lightly.) from this will likely mean that neither side take the others word over anything.

The straw that broke the camels back, one or the other will not exist in the form it did before the war.

Anonymous X

Citizen
"From the river to the sea" - the 14 words of the psycho Left.
Perfect analogy. It’s chilling at times like this to see how many otherwise “woke” and racism-critical leftists expose themselves as the antisemites they are under the mask.

Last edited:

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
With 800+ killed and 2,000+ wounded, Saturday was the single worst day in Jewish history since Mauthausen, the last Nazi concentration camp, closed down.

And speaking of Nazis, pretty much everyone on all of my feeds who defines their online persona as being "anti-Nazi" or "punch a Nazi" is totally ******* silent.

Teufel

Citizen
It was always a genocidal slogan. "From the river to the sea" was put into practice by Hamas for all the world to see in every town, kibbutz, etc they overran. They went house to house killing everyone they could find except those they wanted to take back to Gaza as hostages. Hamas didn't do it in secret. They broadcast it and reveled in it. There's no really no excuse anymore, no more ignorance to be feigned that it's just a political slogan about freedom for everyone. In cities from New York to DC to Barcelona crowds gathered chanting that slogan, praising intifada, and cheered mass slaughter, kidnapping, and rape and justifying it as resistance.

Others still deny what Hamas themselves broadcast.

People cheered as this guy talked about Hamas attack on a dance festival where 260+ young men and women were gunned down. Where women were raped next to the corpses of their friends. Where women were dragged off back to Gaza. He says don't worry, they're being treated fine, despite what the New York Post says. We've seen footage of a half naked dead woman kidnapped from the festival in the back of a truck being driven through the streets of Gaza so passersby can lean over the bed and spit on her corpse. Of another woman from the festival, so violently raped her pants are soaked in blood, shoved into a car while barbarians scream how great God is.

Fareed Zakaria had a "moderate" Palestinian guest on his CNN show to get that perspective, and the dude adamantly denied Hamas targeted civilians and Zakaria just let it go with no pushback. He'll face no criticism from his profession for letting a guest lie about mass slaughter because of who the victims were.

It's a very disquieting mix of willful ignorance and the celebration of slaughter. It didn't happen, but if it did it's actually good anyway because it's decolonization and liberation. And these will be the same people who will cry the loudest when Israel defends itself.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
And speaking of Nazis, pretty much everyone on all of my feeds who defines their online persona as being "anti-Nazi" or "punch a Nazi" is totally ******* silent.
I'm (largely) silent because I don't know what to say, or if words would be of any use at this time.

People have died. More are going to die. None of this needed to happen.

"Many live who deserve death, and many die who deserve life."

A quote from a fantasy novel, not even amongst the most remembered quotes, but somehow it is never not relevant.

Forgive me if it's insufficient, but it's all I have at this time.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Any "leftist" who cheers on mass murder like this is just a red fascist, the same as the "leftists" who say Russia attacking Ukraine is justified bc "Russia is fighting NATO imperialism" or whatever dipshit excuse that pompous, self-righteous asswipe Chris Hedges pulls out of his ass this week. Netanyahu and his lackeys are ******* terrible, yes, but Hamas aren't some scrappy resistance group - they're raging antisemites who terrorize their own people just as eagerly as they terrorize Israelis.

I'm not Jewish, but I found this article by a Jewish leftist that sums things up better than I could: https://forward.com/opinion/563649/jewish-left-palestinian-resistance/

Last edited:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I really do hate that people think that in order to support Palestinians one must also support Hamas. One can be critical of how Palestinians have been treated by the Israeli state while still seeing Hamas a barbarous organization that does WAY more harm to the Palestinians than it helps. Excise Hamas and Israeli/Palestinian relations can finally start healing.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Yes, Bibi and his far-right cronies are ******* terrible and deserve to get their asses voted out. But Hamas are not scrappy leftist freedom fighters. They're antisemitic Islamic fundamentalists who take advantage of Israel's repressive policies to gin up hatred for Israelis. They treat women as second-class citizens and kill LGBTQ+ people like myself (a bi man) for the "crime" of existing. Freedom for Palestine isn't their goal; genocide is.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I believe twitter is mostly chatbots. They freeze until they're told how they're supposed to feel about something. I believe corporate media is entirely aware of this and a lot of the bots are probably their own. I believe it's why they had to start putting (And that's a good thing!) and (And that's a bad thing!) in their headlines. The bots need a prompt.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Nah, it's just social media brainrot. It's the same bullshit that was all over Tumblr back in the day, even among people I knew from other, older sites.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

I'm a bit worried as my parents are on holiday in Egypt right now...

Anyway, in other news, at the Islamic school I work at, an Uzbek teacher asked me and the recent Hamas attacks. When I told her about the (BBC) reported, with evidence, of gunmen killing people at a party outside, she didn't believe it and stated that Arabic news only reported that Hamas had attacked military targets. She also said that if civilians were attacked, it was ok as "Israelis have attacked Palestinian civilians" too. This woman teachers young children "Islamic Manners" as a lesson....

Teufel

Citizen
EDIT: Removing stuff about drone/glider incursions from the north. They were from legit sources but now being declared false alarms by the IDF.

Last edited:

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeah because I have a hard time beliving Hamas went paragliding into Israel to cause death and destruction.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They absolutely did that. The uncertain part was whether it was happening again from the north.

Top Bottom