HasLab Deathsaurus

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Does anyone have a timestamp for when they talk about the next haslab. I could have sworn the "Japanese character, good guy then a bad guy" was them referring to the current Haslabs and thent hey pivoted into "Next year is the 40th anniversary" but I can't find it now.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Thinking about how specifying "not a Prime" could be taken as a very exact wording, watch it be God Ginrai.

I bet Takara & Hasbro would rather do God Grinrai/Apex Prime as a mainline figure, not a Haslab figure as Optimus prime is one of their current core characters for Transformers so the next Haslab, I expect to be outside of the core casts, but if we go by the cycle of Autobot one year, Decepticon the next year, we have a Autobot as the next Haslab and the options are kind of limited, but then, it might not actually Transform, it could be a Autobot base play set, of the Ark interior that inscale with the voyagers and deluxes, I have my doults that it will be Metroplex, as they only resently used the name for Legacy and it being based upon the Cybertron verison of the character

Platypus Prime

Citizen
An interesting variation on that would be a double sided plastic backdrop/table set of 'that one room', that would have orange and purple sides. Just have it so one wall is a big computer, and have a slab of some sort to be the operating table/workbench/whatever it was per episode, and a selection of other small parts to change the scene around, and you could have a big seller, especially if more details and such were placed in with less emphasis on electronics or the like.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Hmm... I still feel like it's going to be something do celebrate the 40th anniversary. Japanese Hero character.

Could they go for a majorly bumped up Star Convoy? Or even the whole Battlestars team?

ZacWilliam, either that or a better Dai Atlus seem like the only big Japanese Hero options.
Star Convoy or a decent, can-stand-up-by-itself God Ginrai that is actually a Powermaster and can combine with the trailer?

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
"We're going to be gearing up pretty soon for another Haslab. It would be great if all of you fans commented on, I guess, what you're waiting for. What you're looking for our next HasLab to be. We can always use some good feedback there. I think we've got a good formula of doing these relatively more obscure Japanese characters, doing a hero and then doing a villain; There's plenty that we can do, but we've got a big anniversary coming up."

Okay, I guess he could be hinting at another Japanese character, though the "but" suggests to me that's not what they're doing next year. I guess we'll find out.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, looking at the quote, it sounds like "these relatively more obscure Japanese characters, doing a hero and then doing a villain" was talking specifically about the two most recent past HasLabs: Star Saber and Deathsaurus.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Right, the "...but we've got a big anniversary coming up" seems to point to G1 (and likely the well-known characters from the stateside version of G1). Not sure if that will be the case, but if so, maybe another stab at Devastator? I like UW/CW Devastator in combined mode, but some of the individual modes are too compromised, IMO. Doing him at the HasLab level would hopefully allow for a more balanced and well-rounded set.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The way they word it implies that we’d get the next figure’s respective bad guy. I doubt they’d do Violinjuggler. And the only other dudes in Zone are Autobots, unless they want to rerelease a bunch of toys they’ve already done with goofy armor parts.

I’d personally bet on Ginrai and God Bomber with Overlord following. I don’t think a Fortress Maximus is likely since he’s more of a titan and we already got Scorponok at retail
An interesting variation on that would be a double sided plastic backdrop/table set of 'that one room', that would have orange and purple sides. Just have it so one wall is a big computer, and have a slab of some sort to be the operating table/workbench/whatever it was per episode, and a selection of other small parts to change the scene around, and you could have a big seller, especially if more details and such were placed in with less emphasis on electronics or the like.
I disagree. It needs electronics so that when you turn it around to the other side, it plays the scene transition jingle.

Last edited:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Is he 40th anniversary worthy, though?
I’d buy it. But the Big Powered Set from a few years back might not let it happen.

I think a Grandus would be amazing for the 40th.

As for the next con. I wouldn’t be upset if they gave Liokaiser a solid remake. Tier 1 is Deathcobra.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
"We're going to be gearing up pretty soon for another Haslab. It would be great if all of you fans commented on, I guess, what you're waiting for. What you're looking for our next HasLab to be. We can always use some good feedback there. I think we've got a good formula of doing these relatively more obscure Japanese characters, doing a hero and then doing a villain; There's plenty that we can do, but we've got a big anniversary coming up."

Okay, I guess he could be hinting at another Japanese character, though the "but" suggests to me that's not what they're doing next year. I guess we'll find out.
I'm more than a little surprised to glean from this that the decision wasn't already made long ago. When Deathsaurus was funded, they were already talking about the 40th anniversary and what figures (including JG1) were thus unlikely.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Same. Honestly, I'd have thought this decision was made shortly after Deathsaurus was green lit.

Dake

Citizen
Just because he fills time during the video asking for opinions doesn't mean it hasn't been decided or at least narrowed down to a very short list. I think the only thing to really take away from that is they may get some confirmation for the decision they've already made.

Bear in mind, the next Haslab (after Joe) is going to be Star Wars... and then they're due for a Marvel one I guess (though they may be a bit gun shy after the EoV), so there is still some time.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I doubt he was soliciting ideas for the very next Haslab; it's the ones after that where they wouldn't mind an idea of what people want next.

Given it's the 40th, I'm sure they figured out this HasLab awhile ago. Especially if they're planning on revealing it "soon."

Top Bottom