Hasbro PulseCon 2023, Hosted by Dan Larson & Thew Adams

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Legacy United
  • Poster that shows Magmatron and Tidal Wave among many other new faces. They're probably the Commander and Titan, respectively.

Core class
  • Energon Megatron - cartoon-based colors, tank-sword, "if you like Energon or Superlink, let us know and we might make more"
  • Beast Wars Tasmania Kid - Evan corrected himself that it is "Beast Wars Second" not "Beast Wars Two", and noted that this figure also works as Snarl, realistic Tasmanian devil sculpt
  • Infernac Universe Armorizer Bouldercrash - rock-based motorcycle bot, based on rock creatures from The Headmasters episode "My Friend Sixshot", and slightly from Rock Lords, can convert into a rock weapon, Armorizers are the new gimmick toys like the other "-izer" figures, based on red quartz rock
Deluxe class
  • Infernac Universe Armorizer Magneous - solid black rock truck bot, similar to Scraphook's altmode
  • Animated Universe Bumblebee - the figure we've seen already, originally had a different head design that wasn't Animated enough, final head hues closer to Derrick J. Wyatt's style
  • Rescue Bots Universe Chase - looks like a retool of Earthrise Runabout/Runamuck, they hint at something else big planned for this figure to be revealed six months from now
  • Cyberverse Universe Windblade - looks like just the traditional Windblade design rather than anything particularly Cyberverse-based, but really good, fan-blades spin around to let people choose between the silver or black sides of the fan-blades
Voyager class
  • Prime Universe Thundertron -looks pretty close to his original design, and actually looks like a better figure than the original, really big shoulder pads but no vertical claws on them, they compare him to a Liger from Zoids
  • Animated Universe Optimus Prime - they acknowledged the choice to go without the mouthplate for this one, was "essential" for them get the blue and red tints on his lightbar, wanted to conceal the front wheels as much as possible
Leader class
  • Tigerhawk - show-accurate purple instead of blue, called a Fuzor repeatedly, Kingdom sculping, very show-accurate robot mode, they acknowledge the lack of shiny paint ("We'll get there!")
  • Laser Optimus Prime rerelease - open-window box so you can see the figure this time

Robosen
  • Grimlock - the one we've already seen, so I'm not gonna cover much about this.
  • They "wonder" if a Robosen Megatron could be something coming later.

PulseCon exclusive
  • Powerlinx Hot Shot & Jolt - Jolt was colored orange because he was orange in the cartoon, Hot Shot has a new connection point on his back that the first release didn't have

Transformers Hall of Fame
  • Human inductee - Takio Ejima, TakaraTomy designer whose Transformers design résumé is enormous, has been called "the man who created the most transforming robot toys in the world".
  • Toy of the Year - Commander class Armada Universe Optimus Prime, won by more than 1000 votes
  • Fictional Character of the Year - SKY-BYTE!!!! FINALLY!!! Winner screencap:
FishTest_skybyte_twohands.jpg

• They gave a shout-out to Peter Spellos in support of his current battle with cancer.
  • Optimus came in second, and Rail Racer in third.

Q&A
  • There is a game for TF: Prime. Could we get Prime characters in SS: Gamer Edition? - Absolutely. Studio Series at this point, it could be anything.
  • Who is the best Dinobot? - Evan likes Sludge, but everyone always says Grimlock.
  • Any news on HasLab Deathsaurus? - He is in production, an unboxing video is coming soon.
  • Any HasLab for Transformers this year? - Nope! Next year, however, is the 40th anniversary, and an "omega-type reveal" is coming.

Last edited:

Deathy G1

Citizen
I am definitely in for the rocks. The two they showed are extremely cool, and after getting Trashmaster, I regret passing on the other Junkions, so I won't be missing out on taking their idea and making it look even cooler.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Windblade looks cool but yeah how the hell is that Cyberverse Windblade, it just looks like any Windblade lol.

Also gimme that goddamn Core Energon Megatron.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
No HasLab? Really? I am dissapoint(n).

I bet that going to be revealed later on in the year around the time the last one for TF starts going to backers homes

Of the reveals, I kind of want the beast core class, Thundertron & Tigerhawk are also desired!

The rest of the toy reveals are mainly passes for me, thou if they did Windblade in her original desgin colours from her first toy, I would get her, I'm choosing to pass on the animated figures, they aren't really hitting the right buttons for me!

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Cores: Energon Megatron and Tasmanian Kid look good; Iwas going to skip the BW2 characters, but then there was that Magmatron tease, dammit. The rocks are interesting but I need to cut back so they're on the chopping block.

Deluxes: Chase looks surprisingly good, the rock car looks like a rock car. Windblade looks great and I'm glad they didn't get her terrible heels this time.

Voyager: Thundertron looks fine.

Leader: Tigerhawk looks fantastic. It's funny how "we're bringing back plastic windows" has become "we're giving more toys open windows!"

Haslab: Booooo at the lack of a new Haslab announcement. You announce the 40th THIS YEAR so it'll be ready on the actual 40th. :(

Poster tease: I don't see Magmatron as a Titan, so Commander Magmatron and Titan Tidal Wave.

EDIT: Just noticed Megatron is there in supermode and it looks like normal super mode, so I dunno how that would work with a Titan Tidal Wave.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I was expecting nothing Earthspark, but still kinda surprised that Studio Series got nothing for reveals other than a "Yes, Swoop is coming, put away your pitchforks."

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
It's not like it's a yearly thing, anyway (and thank goodness for that!). It's next year, instead of this year, because next year is the big 40th anniversary of the brand.
True, but I think the expectation (or at least my expectation anyway) was for the next HasLab to be something released for the 40th anniversary, not something to be revealed during the anniversary to come out a year later. Launching a campaign next year works ok, but doing so means the anniversary will be long gone before anyone actually gets the big showpiece.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I was expecting nothing Earthspark, but still kinda surprised that Studio Series got nothing for reveals other than a "Yes, Swoop is coming, put away your pitchforks."

They usually leapfrog Studio Series and the other Generations line. We got studio series last fan friday, so it's Legacy this time. Next time will be Studio Series again, likely.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So no Commander, no Titan, no Haslab.

What are they waiting for? What's the next show on the calendar?

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Commander/Titan don't get revealed until next year, that's been the case for ages now. They dud gave us the biggest hints we've ever had before, though.

The Haslab thing is kind of weird, I'll agree, but maybe they want to let the Giant Man one finish first.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
You know, I was agreeing with that at first, but I just went to look at the poster for anything else unrevealed, and noticed that Armada Megatron is wearing Tidal Wave parts. It's on the far right, under the TW head, and half cut-off. Presumably that's something meant to happen with the toys too, so I'm guesing Tidal Wave might be the Commander now, to allow for that.

AgentOrange

Citizen
You know, I was agreeing with that at first, but I just went to look at the poster for anything else unrevealed, and noticed that Armada Megatron is wearing Tidal Wave parts. It's on the far right, under the TW head, and half cut-off. Presumably that's something meant to happen with the toys too, so I'm guesing Tidal Wave might be the Commander now, to allow for that.

He's a Titan. Confirmed by Jtprime17 who's been extremely accurate and reliable with leak info.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
It sounds like combined mode just uses some of Tidal Wave now, instead of the whole thing, but JTPrime did confirm he is indeed a Titan, as mentioned.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Tidal Wave's relative size to Megatron doesn't look much different from in Armada, though. (Seriously, they'd rather have leftover parts than use the original scale?)

Is it just me or do the names of the rock guys seem backwards? Magneous would make more sense for the reddish-brown one (even if he's not deliberately named in reference to Magmar, the name still presumably comes from "magma" + "igneous") and Bouldercrash would make more sense for the grayish larger one (evein if he's not exactly the same color as the Rock Lord Boulder).

Last edited:

Top Bottom