Ghostbusters General

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I mean...it's okay as a pack-in for another toy. But it doesn't leave me satisfied as my only Slimer toy. I'll still want to get an actual toy At some point.

IMG_2877.jpeg

It's just a super stretchy rubber thing with no paint apps or anything. You can move the hands in a floppy kind of way but the arms are actually a part of the body, so no movement there.

IMG_2878.jpeg

And then there's that. Completely hollow inside and a big hole in the back. Not sure why they did that, but yeah. You'll only want to display it from the front and hide the back.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
The reason for the hole is the ghosts in this line are designed so that they can be stretched over the other figures giving a "slimed" look without needing to use slime.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
View attachment 18615

Found this at Target tonight.

View attachment 18616

Some assembly required. Kids, ask your parents for help. Parents, tell your kids they'll never get anywhere if they keep coming to you for every little thing that comes their way.

View attachment 18617

Comparison with a vintage car my parents got me from a garage sale when I was a kid. As you can tell, the newer one is more complete and less yellow. Highly recommend.
Does it still have the back hatch door? Again, it looks like the 2021 version got some retooling done, and I’m curious if that element retained. And again, it looks like Hasbro fixed the windshield (the 2021 version was “flatter”, messing up the vehicle profile more than the off scaling already does).
I do appreciate that Slimer is in here as well. Makes me think there are some “Classic Team” toys coming as well to make use of the vehicle (maybe the 3.75” figure set?).

Reminder, Hasbro is set to “officially” unveil the product line this Sunday, which is when the online retailers will start posting orders.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I mean...it's okay as a pack-in for another toy. But it doesn't leave me satisfied as my only Slimer toy. I'll still want to get an actual toy At some point.
There’s that Squash and Squeeze Slimer toy. Not to scale with any of the toys, but it’s pretty nice for a mass market retail offering from Hasbro.

Also, if you guys liked the Bounty Collection, Hasbro’s doing it again for Ghostbusters: The Ecto Collection, featuring Slimer and the mini-puffs
Not bad, all considered. The Mini-puff with the cracker armor is tickling me in all the right ways, but all are novel enough I might get one or two, probably more on discount.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Does it still have the back hatch door? Again, it looks like the 2021 version got some retooling done, and I’m curious if that element retained. And again, it looks like Hasbro fixed the windshield (the 2021 version was “flatter”, messing up the vehicle profile more than the off scaling already does).
I do appreciate that Slimer is in here as well. Makes me think there are some “Classic Team” toys coming as well to make use of the vehicle (maybe the 3.75” figure set?).

Reminder, Hasbro is set to “officially” unveil the product line this Sunday, which is when the online retailers will start posting orders.
So Amazon fired off prematurely then. I got Phoebe and Trevor from them.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
How in the **** are they going to continue the franchise when the rest of the originals die off?

That's likely one of the reasons they're adding comedians like Patten Oswald, Paul Rudd and Kumaill Nanjiani to the franchise.

The one of the older concepts for a third Ghostbusters movie was them passing the torch to then modern comedians (like Chris Farley)

Caldwin

Citizen
How in the **** are they going to continue the franchise when the rest of the originals die off?

That's likely one of the reasons they're adding comedians like Patten Oswald, Paul Rudd and Kumaill Nanjiani to the franchise.

The one of the older concepts for a third Ghostbusters movie was them passing the torch to then modern comedians (like Chris Farley)

What Undead said. It's the whole reason they're doing these movies now, particularly while there's still some of the originals left to pass the torch. Sure they could just do a total reboot with new actors, but taking this chance to do a torch pass while some of the original cast is still around is a better option IMO. That way Phoebe, Trevor and company are set to take over with their blessing when the original crew either dies or retires.

Caldwin

Citizen
Yeah, I was thinking that when I was writing that post but wasn't going to say anything. My opinion of that movie is well documented.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Yes your post does.

It’s the play feature of all the rubbery ghosts “Ecto Stretch” feature. They show the ghosts stretched over the figures head enough to make out the features of their face with a stretched slime look on the packaging. It’s really the main reason I’m even buying into this line. The actual figures aren’t really much but basic 5 POA figures that could fit on next to the old RGB line. Though the packs and throwers are more basic than those.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm not really buying much into this line just because I got the kids from the Afterlife and the adults honestly felt more like secondary characters.

I did decide to get the Ecto-1 just because the only other one I had was incomplete and yellow. I may get the better Slimer toy just because I've never had a Slimer toy before. But that's about it.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
They already tried doing a total reboot. It didn't go over so well for a host of reasons (some deserved, some not deserved)
Careful now. I'm told that, by saying this, you're actually claiming that none of the reasons are deserved and accusing everyone who doesn't like the movie of being a not deserved.

Top Bottom