Ghostbusters General

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Shandor's cult had largely collapsed by the first gozer incursion, The biggest problem in afterlife was time, distance, and money... as always. Oh, and the work of a cult that outlived the cult itself.

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
the issue with Egon is that, like, if Egon is that damn certain the world is ending, you need a very, VERY good reason why paranormal enthusiast Ray Staanz doesn't believe him, and the movie just doesn't justify that at all. Egon's journal from the Proton Pack Haslab goes into a little more detail on this, but it's still kind of a "huh?" situation. Especially the continuity issue of "He cleaned us out!" but the OG Busters showing up fully kitted out. The script really, really needed another pass.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The way the movie presented it: egon tried to explain it to the rest of them, but they couldn't follow his reasoning, so they... ignored? him. It wasn't very clear, it kind of made it sound like egon had gone as close to raving mad as man who collect mold and fungal spores could, so they just kinda wrote it off as they still needed him to maintain the equipment.

They were probably also entirely uninterested in picking up stakes and moving out to the literal asshole of nowhere, for a job that wouldn't pay, and destroy the business potential in new york city.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So my brother got me a gift card for Amazon. I was able to get a couple movies I otherwise would not have bought. One of them was ATC. First time since I rented it before.

My opinion has not improved. I didn't know my eyes could roll that far back. Kinda painful really.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
So the Haslab PKE Meter and Ghost Trap have passed 18,000 and hit the final listed stretch goal. However, Hasbro stopped by Adam Savage's youtube show to show off some prototypes and revealed a new tier at 20,000 that gets you the Ghostbusters Engineering Corps patch seen briefly in the Frozen Empire trailer.

Echowarrior

Citizen
A Mythbuster has got to be one of the best sources of advertising for these things. Adam Savage got me onboard for the proton pack, after all.

Caldwin

Citizen
I know there's a thread specifically for Frozen Empire, but this thread has some of my favorite general GB talk. So I hope ya'll don't mind me bringing it back.

Something to restart the conversation.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I grabbed Wave 1 of the Plasma Series figures.. I wish they could have all come with proton streams but whatever. They're fine so far. I'm curious, given how the line went, if they'll bother bringing it back for Frozen Empire.

Wave 1: 6 1984 figures plus one Target 2-pack, the 4 busters and five ghosts/posessees (Dana, Gozer, a BAF terror dog, a preconstructed terror dog and Luis in the two pack)

Wave 2: 6 Afterlife figures, plus another twopack, and this time it's just the four kids, the returning ghostbusters (including THAT one) and a BAF Ghost (Terror Sentinel). Four of these are definite retools, but at least these come with way more accessories now (lots more proton streams and additional accessories.)

Wave 3: 4 figures, redecos of the original 1984 ghostbusters covered in glow-in-the-dark slime. They each come with a bad "slime" proton stream (so you can't even buy these to get streams for your actual 1984 figures) and even worse, they didn't even take the opportunity to make a BAF for Slimer! Or just put him out. It would have been the perfect time!

Line seems to have died after that. No Ghostbusters 2 wave, no additional ghosts like Slimer or Muncher. Again I'll be curious if we'll see it brought back or if they leave the Plasma Series to just be for Haslab props at this point.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I expect at LEAST a couple waves of Plasma Series. But I think it'll be a LOT more like Indiana Jones, with a hefty number of retailer exclusives, and about a dozen retail figures over the year. I expect Slimer, even if he ends up a BAF to get you to get the kids.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Target leaked a few new toys, including promo pics for the Paranormal Discovery Slimer, Zap and Blast Proton Blaster, and the Track and Trap Ecto-1.

The Echo-1 is interesting in that it looks like a retool of the Afterlife Echo-1, replacing the flat windshield with a slanted one and swapping out the RC car with an aerial drone. There's also some deco changes. But this little bit caught my eye:
The Ghostbusters Ecto-1 vehicle toy is compatible with the Fright Features 5 inch action figures and the Hasbro Ghostbusters 3.75 inch action figure set
3.75? That's interesting...

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I absolutely love the concept to the sliming ghosts mechanic! I never liked the Ecto Ooze or whatever 80s toys slimed with. Was always too messy and lingered on the toys. But this option is such an ingenious way to mimic that play feature without needing to create a mess or having to constantly replace the slime.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
3.75? That's...ARAH GIJoe-sized, isn't it?
Roughly. Depends if they’re 3.75 sized or 1:18 scaled (there IS a difference). The term “action figure set” makes me think of a one off type item. Probably the 84 team, if we’re lucky, they’ll get some articulation in addition to a figure set.

Amazon is posting listings as well, with pictures! Because retail is gonna retail

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
What I'm REALLY hoping for, is a wave of Plasma Series based on the original cartoon. The only other modern, animation based figures we have the Diamond Select ones, which are like $100 each now.
I was really disappointed Hasbro didn’t stretch the Afterlife line with even a “kid line” set of RGB figures. I know the Kenner reissues are a thing, but you know Hasbro can do better with modern design techniques.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I really want to see these new kiddie Frozen Kingdom figures repainted in RGB-esque colo schemes on down the line. Id totally spring for those!

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2874.jpeg

Found this at Target tonight.

IMG_2875.jpeg

Some assembly required. Kids, ask your parents for help. Parents, tell your kids they'll never get anywhere if they keep coming to you for every little thing that comes their way.

IMG_2876.jpeg

Comparison with a vintage car my parents got me from a garage sale when I was a kid. As you can tell, the newer one is more complete and less yellow. Highly recommend.

Top Bottom