Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Badgertron

Citizen
If I were a betting man, I'd 100% take this as an example of "pre-use" for those swords, and a potential sign that they'll be released with Swoop, as rumoured, or potentially another weapons pack down the road.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If I were a betting man, I'd 100% take this as an example of "pre-use" for those swords, and a potential sign that they'll be released with Swoop, as rumoured, or potentially another weapons pack down the road.

That's what I'm hoping for. I'd definitely like to have the swords, but I can't really justify re-buying Grimlock just for them (as beautiful as this version is).

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, uh... they're cool and all, but can someone remind me of when Grimlock wielded three swords at once in the comic?

Or not even all at once, just... enough to warrant this?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's a clever pack-in that might tip it over to Get for some. The base figure is gorgeous in those colors, and has his crown, and these are a great extra that are much better than blast effects (which I like well enough, but actual wieldable accessories are preferable).

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I will be honest, I like these, but I like them for different reasons than I should. I like the classic marvel comic covers that they are using, and quite frankly if I got these, I would just keep them MISB rather than setup the figure in a diorama or display.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Agreed. The combination of figure and packaging is absolutely fantastic for these, so it would be the sort of thing I would actually keep MIB as opposed to my usual take-it-out-and-play-with-it style of collecting. If I had grown up reading the Marvel Comics, I would maybe bite on these. As it is, I have no real personal connection to the comics coloring and I already have both figures.

The Phazer

Citizen
The concept of what this line is seems a bit wooly to me.

Are they supposed to be a celebration of the original comic for the G1 anniversary, or is IDW in scope? Will they all get original little accessories or just some? It all just seems a bit thrown together.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Won't be buying the Grimlock or Shockwave as I already have the moulds, but I'm just simultaneously amazed and pleased that the Marvel comics version of Transformers has gotten some official recognition for the first time in ages. Seeing as it's mostly semi-forgotten about in terms of official fiction. Being a British fan of a certain age, the Marvel comic was my gateway into Transformers (yes, the UK comic, but it did reprint all of the US stories, even if they UK team "wrote around" the stories most of the time).

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They're extra swords meant to go with SS86 Slug and Sludge.
Kinda weird to me, for two reasons.

1) Shockwave's accessory is more related to the book. I mean, I guess there is the crown, but...

2) This Grimlock would look kind of out-of-place next to the regular Dinobots. Unless you already have a Grimlock, in which case...

Dake

Citizen
Kinda weird to me, for two reasons.

2) This Grimlock would look kind of out-of-place next to the regular Dinobots. Unless you already have a Grimlock, in which case...

That's kind of the point: it encourages the double dip so you can have the accessories for your other Dinobots. Conversely, I guess if you haven't bought any of the rest maybe it helps you decide to track them down.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
That's kind of the point: it encourages the double dip so you can have the accessories for your other Dinobots. Conversely, I guess if you haven't bought any of the rest maybe it helps you decide to track them down.
Hasbro IS rerunning the older Dinobots, besides Grimlock getting new deco versions.

Dake

Citizen
Hasbro IS rerunning the older Dinobots, besides Grimlock getting new deco versions.

Exactly. And they know they don't need to add any incentives to Swoop since everyone's going to buy him to complete the team anyway. This way, you're now encouraged to snag Marvel Grim if you want all the swords. The only question is what they might include with the inevitable toy-color Swoop (since I assume we'll get the movie's blue chest version first).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Transformers Generations Selects Legacy United Autobots Stand United 5-Pack

ZGmPGip.jpeg

Thxqe2d.jpeg

More pics in the order link.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Im actually tempted to buy this and swap out a few figures in the collection. Nice to see that Sunstreaker appears to be all the same shade of yellow.

Top Bottom