G.I. Joe thread - 02/01 G.I. Joe Day Reveals: Doc, Torch and more

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I didn't know who had to be Eyetwitch, I just figured it would be a really lousy thing to have your code name changed to.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Shipwreck is out, right? Is he any good?

I want him but I have no time to go to a specialty store.
Shipwreck’s wave is shipping now, but probably won’t reach US distributors until mid-late July. Most online retailers have him slated to arrive between August and September. Unless you got those overseas “connections”.

Frankly, at this stage, if you aren’t ordering online, you only have yourself to blame for not getting him. My experience these past couple of years has shown a steady decline in how well a LOT of stuff is getting distrubuted. Hasbro is rolling out wave 6 Legacy Deluxe, yet my local Walmart, just a month ago, stocked wave THREE!
And I don’t know what’s happening with GI Joe: local Walmart and nearby Target ditched the line (short exclusives, in Target’s case), but the Walmarts I’ve been to that are still actively stocking the main assortment?
STILL loaded down with Movie Baroness and Akiko.

At this stage, if I was as resistant to ordering as some fans have been, I don’t think I would have gotten most of the GI Joe figures I do have. I’m not sure I’ve actually seen ANY of the main assortment Classified figures released after the movie waves in a physical retail setting.

Blot

Citizen
I do wonder what happens when eventually all the good code names are taken.

"Gung-Ho, Heavy Duty, Snakeeyes, meet our newest recruits! Glenda the Good, Slip-N-Slide, Squishy McBeanDip, and Wet Blanket."
"That's great, Duke, but is it true that some of our old Code Names have to be changed because of something congress did?"
"Good question Eyetwitch! That rumor-"
I mean we had Ice Cream Soldier back in the 90s so the standards for "good code name" clearly aren't that high.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Shipwreck is out, right? Is he any good?

I want him but I have no time to go to a specialty store.

He's a great figure. No issues with mine at all. Not the star of the wave. But the wave is stellar all around. Wish Polly had swappable wings. But they're so small i get why he don't.

The wave has been showing up at Gamestops here in Canada.

Attachments

• 20230616_200243.jpg
    20230616_200243.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230616_200446.jpg
    20230616_200446.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 65

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I don't collect Classified at all but that's an amazing looking figure.

What would Shipwrecks new code name be? "Sinky-in-Drinkie"? Or just "Real Downer"?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
YMMV, for instance, I have 7 Walmarts within about an hours drive from where I live that either me or my wife can check fairly regularly. Yeah, a few of them still have Snake Eyes Origins figures on the hooks, but I've also seen Spirit, Cobra Officer, Dusty, and Zaranna at regular retail. Even got some of the vintage cardback Destros and Gung Hos in our area. Online ordering is more of a sure-thing, but they are still showing up in some brick and mortars.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
He's a great figure. No issues with mine at all. Not the star of the wave. But the wave is stellar all around. Wish Polly had swappable wings. But they're so small i get why he don't.

The wave has been showing up at Gamestops here in Canada.
He can go hatless?!? Whoa!

MrBlud

Citizen
With the parrot on Shipwreck and the parakeet on Beachcomber; I don’t know if I can continue to support a company in the thrall of…
8578584E-C71F-468B-A80C-5BDDA941F335.jpeg

Top Bottom