G.I. Joe thread - 02/01 G.I. Joe Day Reveals: Doc, Torch and more

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Desert Snake Eyes looks too Fortnight to me.

-ZacWilliam, I feel like back in the day he would have been weirder/more different.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Desert Snake Eyes looks too Fortnight to me.

-ZacWilliam, I feel like back in the day he would have been weirder/more different.
Eh, I think that’s more a result of using the more…”video game inspired”…first mold of Snake Eyes, rather than some of the later figures which skewed a bit more grounded. It’s one of those things where I think some of the sculpt oddities were a bit hidden by the prior versions’ darker colors.

I dig it from a “NuSculpt weirdness” level, but not sure I NEED any more SE figures. As is, I’m probably not going to keep the original version I got, the Alpha Commando version kind of hit all the points I need from Snake Eyes.
Haven't we seen Tunnel Rat already ?
We’ve seen the renders, but not actual “production level” images.

electricidad

Citizen
Cobra Eel goes live today on Amazon Prime. Available on Pulse at 1 Eastern time. Didn’t realize we were getting this guy.

Desert Snake Eyes and Tunnel Rat go live today, too.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Looks like we got deep cut for tier 2. Glenda. That's definitely a Retro Scarlett body there.

Not familiar with the character but she looks great.

Also glad thier not locking too many bigger characters behind the Haslab. Wild Bill is enough.

FB_IMG_1686840734517.jpg
FB_IMG_1686840731570.jpg
FB_IMG_1686840737067.jpg

Dake

Citizen
That's what I was hoping. Also, would guarantee an ARAH Scarlett down the road.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want them to start remaking the GI Joe Street Fighter figures in this line.

But they have to be done the same way as the originals: mostly reusing parts of other Joe figures.

Then expand into further Capcom, and make Nathan "Rad" Spencer a Joe.

And Super Joe. Heck, it's right in his name.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Sky bound announced that Hama’s ARAH will continue in November.

Whoopee.

After the crap show that was issue 300, I’ll give the Energon Universe a shot. But Hama burned his last road with me, and it would be insulting if ARAH 301 ended up selling better than the Energon Universe offerings.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I do wonder what happens when eventually all the good code names are taken.

"Gung-Ho, Heavy Duty, Snakeeyes, meet our newest recruits! Glenda the Good, Slip-N-Slide, Squishy McBeanDip, and Wet Blanket."
"That's great, Duke, but is it true that some of our old Code Names have to be changed because of something congress did?"
"Good question Eyetwitch! That rumor-"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Beat me to it.

Also, I don't get the Snake-Eyes/Eyetwitch thing, if I have that right?

Top Bottom