Florida, Florida, Florida

Ironbite4

Citizen
This is the woman who said Florida's covid numbers were higher then what was being reported. This is retaliation for that.

Ironbite-DeSantis is sick and needs to be stopped.

Teufel

Citizen
Rebekah Jones is a crank grifter and you should think long and hard about why you unflinchingly believe her bulljive.

Jones’s tweets have been viewed tens of millions of times, and on Thursday she was asking for donations from her followers to help her stand up against what she described as an unjust arrest, retaliatory action against her family, a frivolous arrest over joking memes, and a government conspiracy.

Police documents and warrant service reports, however, suggest that multiple students at her son’s former middle school reported him to teachers because they were worried he would shoot up the school. (Jones' son is now homeschooled.) Snapchat messages obtained by the police as part of a search warrant do indeed return memes that joke about school shootings sent by her son. But they also show legitimately concerning messages he allegedly sent that appear to be specific threats against a specific middle school. The police report also shows in detail how the investigation was carried out, and the timeline of the investigation. The Snapchat messages in question were sent roughly six weeks ago, but police only became aware of them after students reported them to teachers on March 20. The documents show that police began questioning students immediately and attempted to question Jones's son within a day of being alerted.
3eJyrVipQslJQysxNTE8t1i8w1EvPTFPSUVBKBImWl5frlWUmp+ol5+eCBEtBgr6picWlRam6JiCRciUrDFWZQDEDsBkpZUVANlQDSKQ4syoVKGJYYahUCwB4tSME

“I want to shoot up the school,” one message said. Another referenced trying to obtain a gun. “Okay so it’s been like 3-4 weeks since I got on my new on my new [sic] antidepressants and they aren’t working but they’re suppose to by now so I have no hope in getting better so why not kill the losers at school,” another said. “I always keep a knife on me so maybe I’ll just stab ppl idk,” another said. “Nah if I do kill people I’ll just kill myself,” a fourth said.

Jones has tweeted that she believes her son did not send these messages—which, again, were obtained directly from Snapchat by the police and traced to the same account that posted the memes. She has also tweeted that some of the police “specifically hid [that the] messages sent came [sic] from an account that was NOT my son’s,” and cited a Miami Herald article stating that “the threatening messages were sent by a username that was different than the one Jones’s son used to send the memes. The document does not say how authorities determined both usernames are linked to the same account.”

This appears, though, to be a misreading of the unredacted police report by Jones and by the Herald, and also a misunderstanding of how Snapchat works
3eJyrVipQslJQysxNTE8t1i8w1EvPTFPSUVBKBImWl5frlWUmp+ol5+eCBEtBgr6picWlRam6RiCRciUrDFWZQDEDsBkpZUVANlQDSKQ4syoVKGJYYahUCwB4NSMC

NovaSaber

Citizen
1YiLjeu.png

And that combined with this

Local news station NBC 2 reports that an unidentified teacher at the Manatee Middle School is under investigation for showing students a video that gushes about the "valiant, brave fight and the countless sacrifices by our men and women during that known as the Civil War."

What's more, the video rebrands the American Civil War as "the War To Prevent Southern Independence," which is a decidedly pro-Confederacy framing for a conflict that centered on Southern states' attempts to preserve the practice of slavery.

I am convinced that conservatives have too much on their hands. Instead of taking a stance against, I don’t know, Supreme Court justices accepting lavish gifts or something, they’re trying to pull a manga series out of Florida schools. The Citizens Defending Freedom group intends to protect children from “violence against teachers” and “explicit sexual content” with this censorship.

Thomas Peterffy, a top Republican donor who has been supporting DeSantis during recent months, told the Financial Times that he was no longer aligned with any candidate – or potential candidate – for the presidential nomination.

“I have put myself on hold,” the billionaire told the Financial Times. “Because of (DeSantis') stance on abortion and book banning ... myself, and a bunch of friends, are holding our powder dry.”

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
the "valiant, brave fight and the countless sacrifices by our men and women during that known as the Civil War."

The Confederacy hated working with our soldiers. They pretty much tried to Bugs Bunny us.

I know a quote that much more accurately sums up our role in the Civil War.

For the Confederate forces, the second stage of the battle involved less movement in the critical areas. The positions of the 28th and 19th Georgia on the right of the line, with the 19th Georgia overlapping the Union left flank enabled these units to pour a devastating fire in on the Union left as it was deploying. The 2nd Florida Cavalry, on the right flank and occasionally fighting dismounted, added something; how much it added would be the subject of an inquiry after the battle.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

it's NEVER about "protecting kids."
Thanks for these links.

Reposted here.

More news on the trans child abduction story here.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We're not okay.

Meanwhile, South Florida is still in a state of minor chaos after last week's epic rain. At first we were having gas shortages because the flooding delayed deliveries to gas stations. Now we're having gas shortages because people are panicking, and the first people in line keep grabbing as much gas as they can physically carry. Some people are filling spare cans while they're at it.

Top Bottom