Florida, Florida, Florida

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
HOW IS HE SO BAD AT THIS!?
He is neither a legislator, nor a leader. He has no ideas other than manufacturing outrage, and seizing power.

In short, he's a republican. He's bad at this because he's literally a tyrant trying to turn a democracy.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Wait... so Disney had set it up so that, even in the event Reedy Creek were taken over or dissolved, the company could just take over its rights and duties officially? Does that mean Reedy Creek was only ever there to lend an air of legitimacy to the company town they were running, while the park and its surrounding properties could still operate as a company town without it?

DID DISNEY JUST PULL A FREAKING XANATOS

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Yes, because disney, unlike republicans in general and desantis in particular: is actually a villain and not play acting as one.

Ironbite4

Citizen
DeSantis cannot outmaneuver Disney. At all. He doesn't have the smarts, he doesn't have the power, and he doesn't have the money.

Ironbite-between this and Trump, his political career is basically over.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It'll be hilarious when it happens. Chances are he'll still try to run for president in '24, but the dude is so easy to anger and completely incapable of going off script so when he hits the primaries he'll get slaughtered by people who are actually conversational.

But yeah, just like with trump: game over, we're just waiting for the cut scene to end before the credits roll. Hopefully, this will be the end of the US's current trist with faschism.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It'll be hilarious when it happens. Chances are he'll still try to run for president in '24, but the dude is so easy to anger and completely incapable of going off script so when he hits the primaries he'll get slaughtered by people who are actually conversational.
Isn't that pretty much what we all said about Trump? At this point, the dude just needs to be able to stand behind a podium ranting like a Fox News pundit and the base will eat it up.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Trump literally just shouts over people until they give up trying, but desantis isn't confrontational unless he thinks he can win. Which is easily exploitable in debates.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I believe every "Oops I forgot I left the kid in the back seat. Tee hee I'm just a forgetful idiot." case should be investigated as a potential murder. It's an easy way to kill someone and pretend it's an accident, except that the "accident" defies belief. I don't care how many things are on your mind. Kid in the back of a car would be on the list.

Here's how well understood the danger is, and how seriously we take it. In Florida if you see a kid or a dog trapped in a hot car, you are allowed to break the glass. Call 911 first and let them know what you're doing, but you can break the glass yourself and you will not be liable for the damage. It isn't a "You did the right thing calling 911. Now let the authorities handle it." situation. It is a literal "Break glass in case of emergency." situation.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
If it were just the infant in the car that'd be bad enough, but before that in December 2021 "her 16-month-old brother... drowned in a pond near her home while (the grandmother) allegedly napped." This is sus as hell.

Top Bottom