Final Fantasy

Dvandom

Citizen
I think we'd normally have had Little Ladies' Day around now, but the FFXV event repeat is taking the slot.

---Dave

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Should we maybe move Rebirth discussion to its own thread? I still highly value you and TMM's insights on XIV and what hate to lose out on them because of Rebirth stuff.

I didn't think I posted anything spoilery. Sorry if any of what I've posted could be considered as such.
Naw, you're fine! TMM will still be here. But since we have a separate thread now anyway... XD

Dvandom

Citizen
I tried Ocean Fishing the other day, since getting 8000 points at it is worth 50 irregular tomestones. First try I got about 6000 points using just the versatile lure, and earned the Major-General minion (adorable shark with legs). Second try I used the recommended baits and got 9500 points. It helps I was already FSH90, of course. It's apparently fairly good for leveling if you're not already at 90, to judge by the leveling alerts around me. On the down side, it only runs once every two hours realtime, making it a touch inconvenient. Also, everything you catch is L1 so you can't really advance desynth skill, and the main special drops from desynth are ocean-fishing-only bait. (Nothing seems to have any use beyond a few that can be put on prints or in aquariums, nothing has recipes attached.)

---Dave

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_3027.jpeg

Game cartridge from eBay. Game case from https://www.gamingrelics.com/

Pixel Remasters has so many quality of life improvements that I doubt I'll play it this way. Still, it's nice to own this piece of gaming history.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
So, question for everyone...Wark or Kweh? I think this may have been discussed on the old boards, but unfortunately that's been lost.

My first experience with chocobos was the FF III remake for Advance. I honestly don't remember which it used. I was new to the series at the time and didn't really pay attention to such things.

First time I really took notice of Chocobos was during FF VII, which was definitely a Wark user. So for the longest time I equated chocobo chirps with Wark.

But having played several FF games since then, I think I prefer Kweh. If feels less aggressive than Wark. Like, Kweh says "come pet me and use me as a mount." Wark says "I'm gonna peck your freaking eyes out."

So yeah, I think I prefer Kweh!

Caldwin

Citizen
Odd, I was sure I put some text to go with that random link. Anyway, we now have info on when preorders are available this Tuesday) as well as release date (July 2) and special edition details.

I don't have money until payday, but I'll definitely get the digital special edition. This expansion looks like it's going to be FF IX themed, which I appreciate greatly.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Wind-up Zidane for preordering and Wind-up Garnet for the Collector's Edition. IX is still my favorite single-player FF, so I guess I need those.

The mount is funny to me. It's a reskin of the Cruise Chaser mount from the Mog Station, itself a boss from the Alexander raids. Cruise Chaser was already based on IX's Ark boss/summon (which itself was an homage to an old Square game called Cruise Chaser Blassty). Feels like we're coming full circle here.

Caldwin

Citizen
A "IX" inspired mount reskinned from a "XIV" mount inspired by a "IX" summon. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in some of these production meetings. 🤣

Dvandom

Citizen
I got no nostalgia for (or even knowledge of) IX, so the collector's edition in-game items don't really interest me. Yeah, transforming mount, but Cruise Chasers are a bit big for my tastes. Gabriel alpha satisfies my need for a transforming mount. I'll just pre-order standard.

---Dave

Caldwin

Citizen
You can buy it on what ever console you own. They have it with retouched graphics as well as your usual cheats (toggle random encounters, 3x speed, combat help). I can't really say how much it costs because PSN doesn't tell you the cost of something you already own. But it ought to be pretty reasonable and the story is just too awesome. I highly suggest it. Before XV and XIV came out, it was tied with VII as my #1 Final Fantasy.

Caldwin

Citizen
I mean, they have some stuff like minions and Clouds motorcycle mount on the Mogstation store...that came out I don't know how long ago. They were pr working too hard on Dawntrail to do too much VII specific if the recent events are anything to go by.

I did wear my Cloud glam the week of Rebirths release though.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The Sorrow of Werlyt side stories had bosses based on the Weapons, but only in name and looks, there was nothing FF7-related about the storyline.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hmm, according to my PS5, I played FF XVI for three hours. It...didn't grab me. Just couldn't get into it. So I'm not sure just how into crossover events I'll be.

Top Bottom