Final Fantasy

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ok, I'm finally playing Final Fantasy Maxima on Switch. I've never played any Final Fantasy games before.

It took about two hours before I could really start the adventure! The hex?!

Tama, that the-the-the white fox thing is annoying. The hero Lann is annoying (though I make bad jokes like he does).

Using prism things to capture Mirages is like catching Pokemon with Pokeballs!

I'm not really an RPG player (though I played MegaMan Legends 1 and 2) so, man, I hope something happens that makes me get into this game.

How long is this game?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Well, the intro up until meeting the queen of Cornelia was two hours. I'm .5 done! Whee!

I've decided to go crazy and name my mirages. The Chocochick is now Kentucky. The air fairy is now Wendy's. Hehe

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
The sister is def the better sibling. Gameplay got more interesting once stacking was introduced.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Took me a while before I could beat Shiva, the ice mirage. Then a friend told me I could have beaten any of the three. I should have picked Ifrit for fire power!!! Darn!

Yeah, stacking is fun. Reminded me of We Bare Bears, hahaha!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So I guess Crisis Core is out today? Where the hell's my notice, Game Stop?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I haven't gotten notices in years. I've just been marking the release dates on my calendar.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Come to think of it, mine might be b/c of issues w/ the ph# on file. Kinda forgot about that.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I haven't preordered through GS in ages. I've gotten over the constant pushing for them and their memberships. If I'm going in any more it's more to check out the merch over the video games anymore. Hell most games aren't even trying with the Pre-order bonuses anymore and I'm never fast enough to score a super special edition so I just don't bother. Heck I've bought more digital lately since I haven't felt the need to score any loot with the pre-orders.

Been downloading Crisis Core but probaly won't finish it until near midnight, Should have jumped on it last night rather than waffling over if I should get it now or not.

Also It seems the Pixel Remasters have been ESRB rated for Switch now. No announcement on when yet, but here's hoping soon.

Caldwin

Citizen
Gamestop Pro: For me, I usually don't use membership points for much, so by the time it comes around to renewing, I do it for free with points. Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't bother.

Physical Media:
Argument in my head is that I like to have something in my hands that I can act touch and feel...and can still own once the e-shop closes when the next generation comes around. In practice, digital is so convenient that I do get quite a bit digitally. But some games I still prefer to have a physical copy. Having loved the original CC on PSP so.freaking.much... I really wanted this one physically.

Pre-order:
I use GS's preorder as a layaway for games I know I'm going to get no matter what. Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't bother. With e-shops, it's not like I have to worry about stocking issues.

The game itself:
So far it's everything I hoped. I can't wait to play more after work.

701146B7-3DE7-4A84-A826-96D53E6FE158.jpeg

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Yeah, I get enough points to renew for free, we usually use the monthly $5 coupon and occasionally get a good discount from accumulated points. I miss when the rewards program had really good stuff, like raffles for trips.

Caldwin

Citizen
6C9CD8AC-9CFD-4226-B8A3-1640F71DE8B2.jpeg

I forgot about this when I took the above picture. I took this picture before I left home and was just waiting for my iPad to sync it so I could upload it from my phone.

Anywaaaaaay...! This could come in handy depending on how much of this game is remaster vs remake.

Caldwin

Citizen
Just realized that screenshots I've sent someone in messages can be downloaded from my app. So, yeah! Have some screenshots!

AE182735-9C9A-4E88-8BF9-F7A8E9C25357.jpeg

485AB495-7D6F-47E3-868E-89073BD3DD4E.jpeg

3F83C30C-9412-4CF8-90C5-F65585010672.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
If you have one memory (besides "The Price of Freedom") of this game, it's probably this.

RYNO

Citizen
So after 9 years, I've decided to rejoin FFXIV.... Holy cow. I don't remember how to play (PS5). My Level 50 White Mage is still available. Logged into him, and just overwhelmed.

I'm thinking of rerolling and starting fresh.... It's been been too long, and I just not familar with it enough...

Caldwin

Citizen
For me it wasn't anywhere near nine years, but it was still long enough that when I came back to my Viera Archer I had no idea what the controls were. It broke my heart because I really loved my Viera character and I wanted to get back into it, but I just couldn't get back into it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I haven't taken a notable break from the game as a whole, but coming back to certain classes after a long time is daunting. Especially since we just got a PS5 and all my hot bars are a mess. Still think I missed a few buttons on black mage....

RYNO

Citizen
I know right! Love my little Orion Nebula character, but it's like what the hell do I even do. Shoot last time I played I remember just beating Garuda, and getting the one handed wand. I think they had just released the second turn of the coil? So yeah prior to even the first expansion. Back then I only had 3 kids!!! Who at that time were 9, 4, and 2. Then when our 4th arrived I stopped playing...

I now have 6 kids, and they are all a bit older now. (18. 13. 11. 10. 9 & 8). My 13 year old son wants to play, so I figured why not upgrade to get all the Expansions since thats was on sale for $30, and try it out.

I feel like an old man trying to figure out how to send an email, (back when email first was a thing). LOL!!!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom