Don't Stop, Carry On - Gundam thread

NovaSaber

Citizen
I seem to recall hearing somewhere that a fan asked Tomino about it once. (And he supposedly replied "You watch too much anime. Watch more Gundam.")

Then the landship in Xabungle (which Tomino made after Gundam) did transform...

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
How well does it actually support all that weight? Without the stand, I mean.
I haven't tried standing it up on its own, but I imagine it would be what you'd expect - ie., not at all. =P That's probably why all the reviews I've seen (and some of the promo pics) with it stand-less have it propped up by the fins/Dragoons on the boosters.

Speaking of White Base, though, I'm curious: to me, it looks really similar (in a broader design sense) to Fortress Maximus's battleship mode, but with a few added flourishes (like the wings). Anyone else get that off of it?

White Base obviously came first, but I'm more curious if it gets any sort of flack for "looking like a big robot laying down" the way Fort Max does. Or do the wings make the difference?

Or am I the only one who sees it?
I got more of a 'headless Sphinx' vibe myself.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I got the new Gundam Universe Heavyarms and something felt off about and then it hit me
Look at this
100_4455.JPG
hvhr54.JPG

The chaingun is like comically large so large he cant hold is hand normally down

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
First material is being released for Gundam: The Witch from Mercury (aka, G-Witch). First sets of models have been shown (strong mix of G-Reco and IBO vibes) and a brief video teaser (region locked, but when has THAT stopped the internet?). The series is being heralded for being the first series with a female protagonist.

Video teaser

Ironbite4

Citizen
Next question...will she live to the end of the series or get fridged half way through so the Male Protagonist can "fight on in her steed" and "we'll see her spirit someday"?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
New wave of Gundam Universe is up for preorder. Looks like Bandai is switching to two offerings per basic wave and a deluxe. Next wave will be the Leo from Wing (again, keeping on a well directed focus on Wing as a foundational series in the west). Accessories are just the machine gun and beam saber, probably as a result of the second release- the RX-78GP01Fb Zephyranthes. IE, the one with the mushroom boosters. Features rifle and beam saber.

The deluxe figure this wave is the 00 Raiser, featuring a removable, transformable, Raiser booster craft.

BBTS

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Wonder if the Leo is actually labeled as a Gundam , or if BBTS just wanted to get Gundam in the item name again. Gundam.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
waEGKCG.jpg

Well, this is officially the most I've spent on a single model kit. The HMM Geno Breaker has finally been dethroned.

wKQMzCX.jpg

Gundam Astray Gigachad Frame.

SSwhHQv.jpg

Surprisingly well articulated despite the extreme beefiness of the sculpt. The head gets caught sometimes on the armor around the neck, and the wrists are a little too easy to pop off if I'm not careful, but otherwise it's rock solid.

ydDv2Oy.jpg

The bulk makes it a little hard to Jojo, but he can do Hildebrand instead.

Only real complaint is the grip on the sword is a little finicky. And it's not the sword that should be used for the Powered Red form, but then again, that version is 150 meters long....which, in scale, would be around four feet.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
TMM forgot to mention that this guy has bicep action. There's a piece of plastic that pops out when you bend his arms, like a bicep muscle. It's utterly ridonculous.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Saw it coming early on, but still the onion cutting ninjas appeared. I hope it's not super grim, but I will be watching it.

Top Bottom