Digimon General Discussion Thread

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Saw the 02 movie. And while the animation was great, the overall plot raise some origins BS that conflicts with what happened in the Tri movies and even some of the original series canon.

On a positive note, they aren’t actively screwing up the 02 epilogue this time. Really outside of continuing off of Kizuna, nothing is off about where the 02 kids are at this point. Heck even one thing at the end that is probably the most meaningful thing to happen to the cast doesn’t contradict anything in the Epilogue.

.But part of that is because this movie really isn’t about them. It’s primarily focused on the new mystery Digidestined Lui (or Rui depending on who’s translating). It’s his movie and they are along to push him in the right direction

And as far as the Digimon there are no surprises. No new Mega forms for Shokuamon or Silphymon, no new mode changes. Just some admittedly nice new Digivolution sequences based on the classic ones. And some of th sparse battle animation looks very good. The only new Digimon we get is our “antagonist “ .

Though keep an eye out. They weren’t shy of showing off all the Digidestined.

And seeing the dub it’s sad that only 3 cast members actually returned. Davis, Ken and Veemon , and Hawkmon’s VA’s are the only returning cast from the old dub. Most aren’t bad but the worst was what they did for Armadillomon. Gone is the late Robert Axelrod’s Texas drawl voice to be replaced by some generic squeaky voice. The rest were at least trying to approximate something of the original casts sound..

Overall I give it 3/5. It’s not really a bad movie, but it’s not a good 02 movie.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Random thought about my above mentioned big change in the 02 movie.

The loss of the Digivices. Overall there’s no loss in terms of connecting to the 02 Epilogue. The Digivices are never seen in the Epilogue so there’s nothing wrong in that happening here. It does get me thinking however. Even if the bonds between the Digimon and their partners are strong enough to survive without the Digivices, can they still Digivolve.

I would say yes for a few reasons. The bonds being stronger than the device’s intentions is a good start, but are the Digivices even relevant at this point anyway? We already know that Izzy has analyzed them enough to install coding onto their phones to emulate their original functionality and unless Ukkomon wipes any trace of the coding away, Izzy would still have the know how to use it. By that logic he would also have analyzed the D3 functions hopefully still have access to instantaneous travel that Yolei has been using to her advantage. We know by the Epilogue that they still have access to the Digital World. So while I still love the Digivices as a whole, they have lost their necessity in the original Adventure canon by this point.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
If you ever wanted to try out one of the Vital Bracelets the English releases are going for super cheap on Amazon currently.

Vital Hero Black Band has the Impulse City chip with the Pulsemon line (the mascot for the Vital Hero line)

Vital Hero Red Band comes with the Dinosaur Roar with a primary focus on Adventure Greymon line

Vital Hero Blue band comes with the Wolf Howl line focused on the Garurumon line.

Note that the Vital Hero Bracelets aren't compatible with the newer BE chips. As of right now there are a few extra chip sets on the cheap too but they are mostly Digimon that aren't Anime centric. Also not sure if they are compatible with non Digimon chip sets like the Kamen rider or Batman ones. There is a separate Batman bracelet but it's running for higher price because Batman.

NovaSaber

Citizen
A while back there were some third-party sellers selling used DIM cards (they're locked into the the first VB they're used with, so used ones are essentially worthless), so watch out for that.
Ones sold by Amazon themselves should be unopened.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I think the only the original Vital Bracelets tied it to one bracelet. I do believe they can't be shared more than three times with the newer ones, but the Ghost Game version and the US releases run the same I think.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
DigimonCon 24 is going on. They just announced a new 25th Anime Anniversary Digivice with LCD screen and decent sounds. You get to pick your Digidestined and Digimon pair from the first anime. Lights up during evolution the color of your teams crest color. There will also be a Tai and Matt full colored versions in the colors of their digivices during the Ultimate and Warp digivolution sequences. Preorders are supposed to go live as soon as the con stream ends supposedly. Time Unknown... Nothing yet has shown up on the English site.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It's not like they haven't made D-arcs and D-tectors in the recent past. If anything a D-3 would be nice to see. But it is the 25th Anniversary of Adventure. Of course they are going to go all out for it. One can hope the D-3 comes next year.

Oh look what was preordered back in October and is set to ship in May...

Last edited:

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
more excitingly, we saw pteromon and shoemon's perfect and ultimate stages (and pteromon's baby stages):

Yolkmon (Pteromon's Baby 1 stage)
Yolkmon.jpg

Fluffymon (Pteromon's Baby 2 stage)
Fluffymon.jpg

Grand Galemon (Pteromon's Perfect stage)
Grandgalemon.jpg

Zephagamon (Pteromon's Ultimate stage)
Zephagamon.jpg

Chaperomon (Shoemon's Perfect stage)
Chaperomon.jpg

Cendrillmon (Shoemon's Ultimate) stage
Cendrillmon.jpg

I had a hunch that Shoemon's Ultimate would be based on Cinderella, but I didn't expect her Perfect stage would be B.B. Hood from Darkstalkers. Chaperomon even pulls out a gatling gun from her basket.

Top Bottom