CoffeeHorse Goes on an Adventure

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
20220611_214548.jpg

Didn't get lost. Food was fine. Made it back to the hotel.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've been home about an hour. All is well now.

We originally planned on staying the morning and getting back here maybe 10:00 tonight, but I was not going to drink that tea swill in the hotel room and there was no complimentary breakfast downstairs. Then somehow we didn't happen to see a Dunkin Donuts on the way, so we just kept going. Now that I'm home I was able to make my own. I should have taken a picture but I've been up since 3:40 and needed to gulp that down immediately. I went hundreds of miles for it.

There is really no other way this trip could have ended.

*static crackle*

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
@Dave: That was my read on the situation. But if that's the name they're going to go with, then they don't deserve to be drank...drunk...drinked....what's the word I'm looking for?

@Wheels: How's he supposed to sleep? He just had coffee! *zzzzzz*

@Fnu: So you drank the coffee before you could get a picture? Well I can only think of one solution. Make another cup, take a picture and drink that one too.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm just going to wait to go to sleep tonight so I can maybe salvage a normal sleep schedule.I don't know if I racked up double digits the whole time.

So, The Making Of:

I wasn't planning on making a coffee blog, though of course I was going to have it any time I encountered it. . I was going to take pictures of anything I found interesting, and of course that vending machine was the most interesting thing at the first stop. Usally the vending machines are just overpriced chips and candy bars and Pop tarts. ki was kinda leaning towards the Pop Tarts because i don't thing I've ever actually had a real one. I grew up in a generic store brand kind of house. But thatn I saw that vending machine and I just had to go with that.

What turned it into a coffee blog was the later string of events. finding the out of order machines staring at me sadly, walking over to the next door Dunkin Donuts and getting sold something that wasn't on the menu yet, then horrifying my companions by gulping it down faster than they thing you're supposed to. Then this had to be a coffee blog.

That Dunkin Donuts was great. They probably learn to read the signs that someone is an easy target for an upsale. I hit up that same one on the way back and they recognized me and asked me if I wanted a large as my companions desperately suggestedd a medium. I was absolutely going in there to get a large and it was probably written all over my face. Salespeople know. I also got some extras in my box of munchkins that time.

As far as the other half of the blog, getting lost all the time, I don't know. We have no excuse.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Don't feel bad, I once missed almost half a Pete's Robot Convention because I got lost on my way there. It happens.

Dvandom

Citizen
I missed my uncle's wedding because my parents got lost for several hours. In their defense, it was 1974. (My sister got lost on the way to my brother's wedding rehearsal, in 2014 with GPS, though.)

---Dave

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It was fine when I left the house. I don't know what went wrong.

Oh well. I won't be needing any luggage again for a long time if I can help it.

Top Bottom