Anime

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just watched the latest ep of The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady, such a sad ep due to events transpiring to this point

Where two siblings clash in a bit of a feud over who inheirts the throne

MrBlud

Citizen
I recently finished “Usagi Drop” which is a pretty wholesome anime about a guy who winds up adopting his Grandfather’s illegitimate six year child because no one else in his family wants to take her in after the Grandfather passed away. I really enjoyed it.

Only one season but it was based on a manga so I looked up what happened in the manga.

I then barfed a thousand times and can’t even enjoy the show anymore. What a goddamn travesty.

Turns out they aren’t related after all so they’re free to HOOK UP AND HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER AFTER SHE GRADUATES HIGH SCHOOL. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Isn't that just a plot element from Tale of Gengi? Not trying to excuse it, just sounds vaguely familiar...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just been watching the final ep of Farming Life in Another World, honestly, this is a good show, while its not action packed, its just a rather wholesome show, the main character isn't overpowered as some main characters in anime, but his goal was to simply start a farm after being reborn in another world with the aid of a magical tool granted to him by god, he accidently starts a village with one of the most dangerous miltray forces in all of anime! Overall its a nice chill show with some comedy, well animated, I highly recomend it just to be able to chill out and relax, its one of those types of shows, thou the last ep hit all of the right emotional beats that make you feel for the characters

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Not sure where this belongs, but…
Apparently there is a big budget Knights of the Zodiac/Saint Seiya adaption coming out soon! How soon? Early May! Trailer actually just got posted. Sean Bean and Famke Jansen headline this why-is-this-not-getting-dumped-to-streaming project.

$60 million bucks right there…
To be fair, it will probably do well in Japan and Latin America, but won’t even be a blip on the American radar coming between Guardians of the Galaxy and Fast X.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just been watching That time I got Reincarated as a Slime, Movie, not a bad film thou Rimuru does get kind of depowered a bit due to the writing of the script, but in general, its a dumb fun movie, thou the very last scene at the end of the movie is really funny as it involves the Storm Dragon and one of the Demon Lords who sits on the Ocagram

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Did you like the American Sailor Moon test-pilot we got to see a while back? Well get ready for a American Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac test-pilot.

It's so weird that so many companies wanted to re-make the animation of these shows.

I'll be honest...I would've watched this, back in the day. It's actually not that bad. A product of it's time, for sure, but I had fun with it.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Demon Slayer second to the last arc.

I can't believe we won't see the three guys work together anymore. Plus they don't have a prerequisite beach ep. Haha

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This one kind of hurts.

Apparently, the test screenings for Netflix's One Piece show didn't do very well. With non-fans OR fans. It's kind of a shame, because I was kind of rooting for them, but it was a high hurdle. And...One Piece has always been a tough sell to American audiences. From what little I've seen, they did try, though.

From the sounds of things, the crew shows up at the very end of the first episode instead of building up to each individual character. I...actually agree with that change, honestly. When you only have 10 episodes to get through a first season, you need to speed things up. From the sounds of things, they might ALREADY be a crew before the show begins? Maybe they were planning on doing flashbacks in later episodes for how they all got recruited?

Personally, I could see changing the whole first arc where Luffy meets Zoro so that it takes place in Loguetown instead and...just have all the future-Strawhats get accidentally wrapped up in Luffy's antics and having to set sail with him since the Marines THINK they're his crew. Zoro's still in the stocks, Sanji's buying food for Baratie, Nami's doing a job for Arlong while tricking people out of money on the side, Usopp's telling tall tales to try to get recruited into a pirate crew, Chopper's getting sold TO SANJI for meat, Franky's repairing the ship they all end up stealing to get away from the Marines chasing them, and Robin's in the shadows spying on Dragon for Crocodile. That way you get to set up Gold Roger's backstory, you introduce a good chunk of characters, and you get a better first villain with Smoker showing up. It's not ideal, but slowly recruiting each character would take up too much time.

But, y'know I haven't done a theory post in a little while. Let's do one just to lighten the mood a little. This is more of a "discussion" than a full "theory", though.

All about Nami! OR Will Nami's biological parents be important in the future?
This might seem random, but it's been on my mind recently.

The Strawhats' parents are of...variable importance to the overall story. "Found family" is usually MUCH more important in this story.

Luffy's dad Dragon seems like he'll be VERY important soon, and his grandpa Garp is getting a focus right now. Sanji's parents became VERY important during Whole Cake. Robin's mom is...semi-important to the backstory. Usopp's dad is a member of Shank's crew, so...again, semi-important, at least.

Franky's parents? If anything, I could see them showing up as goons for a bigger threat. Getting to see how the son they abandoned has FAR surpassed them. I'm not betting on them being overly important. Brook's parents...are likely nothing more than bones by now (YoHOHOHO...Oh, I made myself sad.) It's possible Brook's parents have some tie to something in someone's backstory (I could see them being a Celestial Dragon's butler or court musician), but I wouldn't count on it.

But, Chopper's parents? Yeah, they're reindeer, so not so important. And Zoro and Jinbe's families don't seem to be getting any focus, either. Although, we did get Zoro's family tree in a recent SBS. There's some hints that Zoro's and Sanji's moms might know each other, since one's named Tera (earth) and one's named Sora (sky) so...we'll see if we get anything more on that or if it was just a joke about Zoro and Sanji being opposites from birth.

But, then there's Nami. And Nami's interesting because...she's the only Strawhat who really doesn't know who her parents are.

She was found by another little girl and then rescued by a Marine on a island named Oykot...which is Tokyo backwards. We don't know WHY the island was attacked or WHO did the attacking. This entire event is still a big mystery after 20 years.

Is it possible that the Oykot Kingdom had the Ancient Weapon Uranos, which MIGHT be what "blew up" Sabo and Lulusia recently? Maybe? We really don't know ANYTHING, here.

(I still don't think Sabo's dead. Maybe Uranos actually gathers all the places it destroys on it's surface...like a giant Katamari ball in the sky!)

But, there's a somewhat interesting line in Nami's flashback WAY back in chapter 77. "But I thought Bellemere found me under a bridge" Now, this might not sound like anything important...but it actually might be a dark joke of sorts.

Japan has a history of something called "human pillars" or Hitobashira. It's when you bury a still-living human under a building, or a bridge in this case, in order to get a blessing from the gods.

Now, usually there's TWO living human sacrifices for bridge, usually one on each side. So...it's possible Nami has a "sister" or "brother" of sorts who did NOT get saved. (Could it be Imu? Probably not, but I'll put it out there.)

Which brings us to the second part of this idea...Hashihime the bridge princess.

This is a vengeful yokai who controls storms and the sea. Kind of like how Nami manipulates the weather? And it's a yokai that's a "spirit" of a bridge, who usually comes in pairs. The articles I can find don't necessarily connect Hashihime WITH the act of Hitobashira...but I can't help but see some seemingly obvious connections. I can't help but think Japan, at one point, "deified" the people they sacrificed to bless their bridges. It'd be FINE that they're buried alive, since they'd be "reborn" as a powerful spirit.

Plus, there's Nami's name. Nami means "wave" in Japanese. (Like how Tsunami means "harbor wave") Nami has some possible deeper connection to the sea.

It's possible someone was "sacrificing" Nami as a baby for something...which unwittingly made her more powerful. Even if the rest of the story wasn't true. Lies tend to come true in One Piece, after all, just look at Usopp.

Could Nami be a "princess" of the Oykot Kingdom? Could Nami be the "priestess" for Uranos the same way that Shirahoshi is for Poseidon? I really don't know.

I also can't help but notice similarities between Nami's story and how Shanks and Uta were found (Minor Spoilers for Film Red!).

Nami wasn't found in a treasure chest like Shanks and Uta...but all three of them have red hair. I don't know, it's just weird to me that these three orphans all have red hair. Is it possible that Nami WAS a treasure-chest baby and that's why she loves gold? Are they all part of the same "tribe"? Could all three be..."Children of the Sea"? Children of Imu, perhaps? I really have no clue, I'm just pointing it out.

It's off topic, but some youtubers brought up that Nami actually has some parallels with Sun Wukong the Monkey King. They both use staffs as they're primary weapons. Nami now has a cloud at her command. They both go on long journeys and gather many friends. That's really about it, but I think it's a interesting thing to keep in mind. I doubt much will come of it, but I'll mention it.

Finally, I want to talk about Nami's map she's making of the world. I feel like this SHOULD end with some big reveal. Like some big revelation about the One Piece World...but I just don't know what it could be. The idea that the Grand Line and Red Line make a giant X with treasure under it is a fairly common fan-theory. The shape of the world or some pattern the islands make is a possibility. Maybe the whole world is a giant smiley face, I just don't know. I just think there should be...something here.

And just so people don't think I ONLY watch One Piece, here's a couple more anime theories, just for fun.

My Hero Academia:
One for All's Role and the Quirk Singularity!
I'll just preface this with me saying I'm only watching the dub on Toonami, so maybe this has already been addressed in the manga.

But, I just get the feeling that by the end of this story, the Quirks All for One and One for All are going to get merged into a single Quirk....possibly called "All Together".

It just seems to be that throughout this story, the writer has been hinting that the citizens have been over-relying on the heroes for everything. The citizens have kind of just let themselves get coddled and protected and expect someone else to do good, instead of doing good themselves. All Together COULD be a Quirk that can unify the various powers, giving anyone ANY power they want at any time. Everyone can be a hero...which means everyone needs to share the responsibility instead of passing it off to someone else.

Mind, we've seen the citizens TRY to take control during the "Dark Deku" arc, and ....it didn't go well, since they don't have any training and are using faulty weapons provided by a supervillain. Still, I think there's something to the idea of these two Quirks becoming one new Quirk.

And...I get the feeling All For One (the supervillain) is actually playing a "game" with his little brother. He might just be a overgrown man-child who's gotten WAY into his game of "Cops and Robbers". It's just more fun to play the villain, after all. So, the two brothers being forced to reunite just makes sense to me.

Made in Abyss:
You can find the truth if you look at this whole world upside down?!
Again, I'm just watching the anime, so I don't know if the manga's already covered this or not.

Basically, I think we've got a Patema Inverted situation, here. If you haven't seen that movie, I don't think we're travelling DOWN, we've actually been going UP!

I think Riko's hometown of Orth (and yes...the entire sea surrounding it) is actually near the CENTER of whatever planet we're on.

How does this work? Well, it's all got to do with the force field.

Just the term "force field" makes me think we're dealing with something sci-fi. Maybe the original Japanese word is different, but I don't know what they're using for that.

We know the force field (somehow) brings light from the surface to the different layers of the Abyss. What I'm thinking is, it's actually making a "artificial" sun for Orth/the "surface" as well.

The force field...also just doesn't make a lot of sense to me if we're going down. Who created it? I mean, it's possible this is naturally occurring. Maybe the Abyss is some sort of gateway to another world or dimension.

But, it makes a lot more sense to me if the Abyss is there to PROTECT Orth from the REAL surface. It's a giant bug-net. Keeping dangerous creatures and animals from reaching the humans.

Here's what I think happened. A long time ago, either the surface of the Earth was destroyed by nuclear warfare OR we're on a alien planet that's getting terraformed for human use. Either way, the surface is uninhabitable for humans and they need to go underground in order to survive and escape the dangerous radiation and mutant animals stalking the surface. They left robots on the surface to monitor the situation and try to make the surface inhabitable again for human life. Over time, the humans forgot they were even underground and thought the big hole was going DOWN farther into the center of the planet when it was REALLY their only way back UP. Now, after however long has passed, the surface is finally inhabitable again, and the various robots are trying to make their way back down to the humans to tell them they can come back up. That's what Reg and the other robots are trying to do...tell the humans they don't have to live in a hole in the ground anymore.

I don't know, there's just various things in the story that feel like they're hinting towards this.

Plus, the ending to the story would be a LOT more powerful, in my opinion, if this story ended with humanity finally being able to see the real sun for the first time in thousands or millions of years.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Made in the abyss anime is pretty intersting, thou I think with the term Force field, its likely used as a rough translation, thou that is merely a guess, I am thinking about buying the manga books at some point soon as I kind of want to read pass where season 2 left off, but one thing I do like about season 2 is its openning theme, it has a upbeat adventurious tone to it, yet also inline with the series dark themes

Watched the latest ep of In another world with my Smart phone, its not a bad series, good for a few laughs but not to be taken seriously

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
This one kind of hurts.

Apparently, the test screenings for Netflix's One Piece show didn't do very well. With non-fans OR fans. It's kind of a shame, because I was kind of rooting for them, but it was a high hurdle. And...One Piece has always been a tough sell to American audiences. From what little I've seen, they did try, though.

From the sounds of things, the crew shows up at the very end of the first episode instead of building up to each individual character. I...actually agree with that change, honestly. When you only have 10 episodes to get through a first season, you need to speed things up. From the sounds of things, they might ALREADY be a crew before the show begins? Maybe they were planning on doing flashbacks in later episodes for how they all got recruited?

Personally, I could see changing the whole first arc where Luffy meets Zoro so that it takes place in Loguetown instead and...just have all the future-Strawhats get accidentally wrapped up in Luffy's antics and having to set sail with him since the Marines THINK they're his crew. Zoro's still in the stocks, Sanji's buying food for Baratie, Nami's doing a job for Arlong while tricking people out of money on the side, Usopp's telling tall tales to try to get recruited into a pirate crew, Chopper's getting sold TO SANJI for meat, Franky's repairing the ship they all end up stealing to get away from the Marines chasing them, and Robin's in the shadows spying on Dragon for Crocodile. That way you get to set up Gold Roger's backstory, you introduce a good chunk of characters, and you get a better first villain with Smoker showing up. It's not ideal, but slowly recruiting each character would take up too much time.

But, y'know I haven't done a theory post in a little while. Let's do one just to lighten the mood a little. This is more of a "discussion" than a full "theory", though.

All about Nami! OR Will Nami's biological parents be important in the future?
This might seem random, but it's been on my mind recently.

The Strawhats' parents are of...variable importance to the overall story. "Found family" is usually MUCH more important in this story.

Luffy's dad Dragon seems like he'll be VERY important soon, and his grandpa Garp is getting a focus right now. Sanji's parents became VERY important during Whole Cake. Robin's mom is...semi-important to the backstory. Usopp's dad is a member of Shank's crew, so...again, semi-important, at least.

Franky's parents? If anything, I could see them showing up as goons for a bigger threat. Getting to see how the son they abandoned has FAR surpassed them. I'm not betting on them being overly important. Brook's parents...are likely nothing more than bones by now (YoHOHOHO...Oh, I made myself sad.) It's possible Brook's parents have some tie to something in someone's backstory (I could see them being a Celestial Dragon's butler or court musician), but I wouldn't count on it.

But, Chopper's parents? Yeah, they're reindeer, so not so important. And Zoro and Jinbe's families don't seem to be getting any focus, either. Although, we did get Zoro's family tree in a recent SBS. There's some hints that Zoro's and Sanji's moms might know each other, since one's named Tera (earth) and one's named Sora (sky) so...we'll see if we get anything more on that or if it was just a joke about Zoro and Sanji being opposites from birth.

But, then there's Nami. And Nami's interesting because...she's the only Strawhat who really doesn't know who her parents are.

She was found by another little girl and then rescued by a Marine on a island named Oykot...which is Tokyo backwards. We don't know WHY the island was attacked or WHO did the attacking. This entire event is still a big mystery after 20 years.

Is it possible that the Oykot Kingdom had the Ancient Weapon Uranos, which MIGHT be what "blew up" Sabo and Lulusia recently? Maybe? We really don't know ANYTHING, here.

(I still don't think Sabo's dead. Maybe Uranos actually gathers all the places it destroys on it's surface...like a giant Katamari ball in the sky!)

But, there's a somewhat interesting line in Nami's flashback WAY back in chapter 77. "But I thought Bellemere found me under a bridge" Now, this might not sound like anything important...but it actually might be a dark joke of sorts.

Japan has a history of something called "human pillars" or Hitobashira. It's when you bury a still-living human under a building, or a bridge in this case, in order to get a blessing from the gods.

Now, usually there's TWO living human sacrifices for bridge, usually one on each side. So...it's possible Nami has a "sister" or "brother" of sorts who did NOT get saved. (Could it be Imu? Probably not, but I'll put it out there.)

Which brings us to the second part of this idea...Hashihime the bridge princess.

This is a vengeful yokai who controls storms and the sea. Kind of like how Nami manipulates the weather? And it's a yokai that's a "spirit" of a bridge, who usually comes in pairs. The articles I can find don't necessarily connect Hashihime WITH the act of Hitobashira...but I can't help but see some seemingly obvious connections. I can't help but think Japan, at one point, "deified" the people they sacrificed to bless their bridges. It'd be FINE that they're buried alive, since they'd be "reborn" as a powerful spirit.

Plus, there's Nami's name. Nami means "wave" in Japanese. (Like how Tsunami means "harbor wave") Nami has some possible deeper connection to the sea.

It's possible someone was "sacrificing" Nami as a baby for something...which unwittingly made her more powerful. Even if the rest of the story wasn't true. Lies tend to come true in One Piece, after all, just look at Usopp.

Could Nami be a "princess" of the Oykot Kingdom? Could Nami be the "priestess" for Uranos the same way that Shirahoshi is for Poseidon? I really don't know.

I also can't help but notice similarities between Nami's story and how Shanks and Uta were found (Minor Spoilers for Film Red!).

Nami wasn't found in a treasure chest like Shanks and Uta...but all three of them have red hair. I don't know, it's just weird to me that these three orphans all have red hair. Is it possible that Nami WAS a treasure-chest baby and that's why she loves gold? Are they all part of the same "tribe"? Could all three be..."Children of the Sea"? Children of Imu, perhaps? I really have no clue, I'm just pointing it out.

It's off topic, but some youtubers brought up that Nami actually has some parallels with Sun Wukong the Monkey King. They both use staffs as they're primary weapons. Nami now has a cloud at her command. They both go on long journeys and gather many friends. That's really about it, but I think it's a interesting thing to keep in mind. I doubt much will come of it, but I'll mention it.

Finally, I want to talk about Nami's map she's making of the world. I feel like this SHOULD end with some big reveal. Like some big revelation about the One Piece World...but I just don't know what it could be. The idea that the Grand Line and Red Line make a giant X with treasure under it is a fairly common fan-theory. The shape of the world or some pattern the islands make is a possibility. Maybe the whole world is a giant smiley face, I just don't know. I just think there should be...something here.

And just so people don't think I ONLY watch One Piece, here's a couple more anime theories, just for fun.
Word is that whole thing is just heresay or made up for clicks.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen

Huh. Okay. Sorry to mislead anyone with a rumor.

And, yeah, Made in Abyss is very good at what it does...but what it does can oftentimes be highly disturbing. The "Precious Moments"-like character designs really don't prepare you for the gore.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
And, yeah, Made in Abyss is very good at what it does...but what it does can oftentimes be highly disturbing. The "Precious Moments"-like character designs really don't prepare you for the gore.

Its kind of like: Puella Magi Madoka, starts out cute and friendly before the twist happens and the darkness sets in and we get the real main character of the series!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I need an old Mecha anime identified. My Google skills can't come up with anything.

It's an episode of a Mecha anime that I saw as a kid and it's pretty traumatic for me. But I don't remember the actual series or main character. I just know the one off episode where a kid robot gets ripped in half.

---

I remember the good guys getting a... boy and his horse robot experimental combo that can break through shields. The scientists are trying to see if the horse can operate on its own cuz the boy robot would die if they are used together.

Naturally, enemy has a robot that makes shields. The main good robot can't get through it and is losing. They were fighting in a rocky asteroid like terrain in space.

Boy robot gets out of the base and rides the horse through the shield (together they turn into a fireball or white lightning or whatever). The enemy bot is destroyed but the boy bot gets destroyed. Like, the burning upper half of his body is thrown from the explosion.

Good guys are mournful that the boy robot died and all that.

What series is this? Does it sound familiar to anyone?

wentwood

Citizen
Watching Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R.

I checked the set I have and here's the split -

Sailor Moon - Viz Cast
Sailor Moon R -:Viz Cast
Sailor Moon S - Dic Cast
Sailor Moon Super S - Dic Cast
Sailor Stars - Viz Cast Via Viz DVD
Crystal - Viz Cast

S and Super S also have the English Sailor Moon theme.

The 3 movies will also be the Dic Cast.

I had also picked up Sailor Moon Sailor Stars from Viz for the English release on DVD.

Episode 63 (Sailor Moon R)

wentwood

Citizen
Sailor Stars Comments

When I watched Part 1 of Sailor Stars in English my reaction was "holy crud".

The lost 5th and final series had never been seen in the USA.

My second was also due to how much they packed into Sailor Stars. You have to wonder how much can be crammed into one series. I was thinking this was going a 6th series with how much was included. They were trying to finish Sailor Moon in 34 final parts which didn't seem like that would work.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Rewatched Farming life in another world, its a good soild series, good balance of comedy and story telling, I highly recomend this series, its not action packed or anything, its just a wholesome story about a man who is revived in another world with a healthy body and a magical farming tool, only for his revival to land him in the middle of the Forest of DEATH, what does any inspiring farmer do? Start farming of course, his tool enabled him to bring the friuts and veg of our world to that world and he pretty much starts a village, thou rather unbalanced in terms of gender as its mostly women, who are from various different races, well to start with, thou in the process of creating this village, he accidently created a force that puts other nations to shame!

wentwood

Citizen
Will be finishing Sailor Moon over the summer.

I was surprised they had gone with the Dic Cast for my set. It threw me at first having
seen Series I with the Viz cast.

Top Bottom