Anime

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Anyone else watching: The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady? I like this series so far, the Princess is certainly full of energy

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
This is the first time I've gotten excited for an upcoming PreCure series. It's gotten awfully formulaic, but it's good for something low key to watch. For the upcoming 20th anniversary season, though...
-The main character's theme color is blue
-Main cast includes a non-Japanese char, an 18yr old amongst the tweens, and...
-A BOY. A boy will be one of the main PreCures, not just a one-off or a side helper.

YES!!! Shake up the status quo! Hoping they'll do new stuff with the villains, too, but we'll see.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'll admit, they do seem to be trying to shake things up for the next Pretty Cure. I only watch the occasional season, but what I've seen has been good.

Anyway, I promised another chapter of my One Piece Megatheory...hopefully everyone who's going to has made it through my wall of text from last time.

These are going to be...less focused. I'm mostly going to be talking about observations, here, since we really don't have a lot of information to go off on, yet. What we have is interesting...but vague.

The Importance of Rocks D Xebec and his Crew!
I'll be honest...when I first heard Rock's name in the manga, I kind of assumed Oda was kind of hinting at him being a villain for a movie or something, instead of showing up for the main manga. It just felt like a Shiki/Strong World situation, to me. But, Rocks keeps coming up so....I don't know anymore.

I'm wondering if Rocks (or maybe his clone) will end up being the one Vegapunk contacted to help him out with Lucci and CP0. Yes, Clone-Stussy DID end up helping, but they already said this mystery guy was hiding out on Egghead for YEARS, and that doesn't fit with Stussy. And original-Stussy was a member of Rocks' crew AND MADS so...maybe clone-Stussy is ALSO loyal to (possibly clone) Rocks?

Anyway, Rocks is important for a couple of reasons. One, he did or discovered SOMETHING at God Valley that made the World Government disappear him. And two, Blackbeard seems to have some connection to him, since Blackbeard's ship is named the Saber of Xebec. Mind you, Xebec was ALSO the name of a real-world type of ship, so...it COULD be a coincidence...but I DOUBT it. Originally, the root word seems to be Arabic for "Net" or a "Fishing Boat"...I don't know if that adds any details. Maybe Rocks was a Fishman or hunted Fishmen?

Really, the most interesting thing we know about Rocks...is actually his crew.

His crew all went on to become MONSTERS!

Whitebeard and his Quake-Quake Fruit! Big Mom and her Soul-Soul Fruit! Kaido and his Fish Fish Fruit Model Blue Dragon (Yes...Kaidou's fruit is technically considered a type of Fish...)! Shiki and his Float-Float Fruit (yes, HE'S canon, even if Strong World technically isn't)! Buckingham Stussy and....we don't know if she actually HAS a Devil Fruit, but possibly the Vampire or Succubus Fruit, going by her clone? Captain John (who is Buggy's idol)! And Silver-Axe and Ochoku...who we know NOTHING about!

Most of his crew...have REALLY strong Devil Fruits. AND REALLY STRONG BODIES, TOO!

So, I have to wonder....did Rocks find a way to either create or modify Devil Fruits at his whim? Did he basically find a way to create over-powered Devil Fruits for his entire crew? It's possible he just TOOK them from God Valley, too. Maybe God Valley either has the Devil Fruit Tree...or some piece of technology that allows you to create your own Devil Fruit OR change a Devil Fruit into something you desire.

Why do I keep mentioning "editing" Devil Fruits? Well...Kaido's Devil Fruit is just plain WEIRD! It's a dragon...which is actually a type of fish?! So...what if Rocks found a way to change a "normal" Fish Fruit into a Dragon...just to see if he could?

As another example, there's Katakuri, Big Mom's son, and his "Special Paramecia"...whatever that means. Maybe the Mochi-Mochi no Mi was created in God Valley, too? This one DOES seem like a Fruit that the candy-loving Big Mom would create.

The Secret Behind Blackbeard's Fruit, His Body, and the Three Skulls!
I mentioned before that a lot of people seem to think that Blackbeard's Fruit is actually a Moon-God Fruit to match Luffy's Sun-God Fruit. I disagree with this. I DO think it's likely that it's a Mythical Zoan, though.

I don't think Blackbeard's Fruit will end up being the Moon-God (I'm not even sure if that's going to be a thing. A Moon-God wasn't in the list of the 4 Skypeia Gods, way back when). And I don't think it's the Earth or Stars, either.

I think it's basically the darkness BETWEEN the stars.

Just like how the opposite of love isn’t hate (it’s apathy), the opposite of the sun isn’t the moon (it’s the darkness). Blackbeard’s fruit is most likely not just darkness, but COSMIC DARKNESS. The Darkness that existed before time and the universe. I think Blackbeard’s fruit will end up being based on Amatsu-Mikaboshi from Japanese mythology.

https://occult-world.com/amatsu-mikaboshi/

At first, I thought MAYBE the Yami-Yami Fruit could, somehow, be the original Devil Fruit. The one that begat all the others, since it seems able to absorb other powers into it. Like how Amatsu-Mikaboshi was, in some myths, the primordial darkness that existed before light and life were created into the universe, and was then shattered into pieces to create the universe itself.

But, I think the truth might be linked to the Three Skulls on his flag. More on that in a bit.

I get the feeling that whoever or WHATEVER is the Will of Blackbeard’s fruit will likely end up taking him over and going out of control by the end of the story. He might end up being a giant black hole that everyone needs to team up to stop together. It MIGHT end up being Rocks...or maybe Rocks was being influenced by this, too.

Also, a lot of people have been speculating about what Blackbeard’s final power will be. Some people have been speculating that since he has a Logia Fruit (the darkness), and a Paramecia Fruit (Whitebeard’s tremors), that he’ll get a Zoan fruit. BUT, if the Yami-Yami Fruit is actually already a God-type Zoan, that means he’ll need a Logia.

And…I think it’ll end up being Akainu’s Magu-Magu Fruit ( the Lava Admiral that killed Ace). SOMEONE has to take out Akainu for killing Ace, but this story is already pretty packed. It’d be…economical for Blackbeard to “steal” Luffy’s revenge and get a power-up for it. And that way, Luffy can kill two birds with one stone by taking down Blackbeard and Akainu by proxy in one fight.

I’m not even 100% sure that Blackbeard’s Devil Fruit…is actually a Devil Fruit, honestly. Since it seems to work completely differently than every other one we’ve seen. Or maybe…this is the only TRUE Devil Fruit? Maybe this is the Fruit that gave all the other Fruits a “bad name” and got them labeled as “Devils”? A random thought, but it’s a possibility.

Maybe these "God" Fruits are containing the personalities of the people that created the Devil Fruits? As in, a person will BECOME a Devil Fruit if they MAKE any Devil Fruits, as a form of human sacrifice?

Anyway, onward to Blackbeard's body.

A lot of people are theorizing that Blackbeard actually has 3 hearts. Which is why he's able to possess multiple Devil Fruits. There's a comment by Macro about his body just being strange...in a vague way.

Maybe he has a parasitic twin, like Quaid in Total Recall. Maybe he's a clone of Rocks.

We really don't have enough information. But, not only does Blackbeard have a strange Devil Fruit, he also has a weird body.

And tnen there's the Three Skulls.

There's...something going on with the Three Skulls.

Blackbeard has them on his pirate flag. Oars from Thriller Bark and Little Oars the Third had 3 Skulls around their belts. In Film Red, there's a "Devil King" (Tot Musica) with 3 Skulls, which Oda says is thematically important to the main story. (I haven't seen the movie yet...)

So, Blackbeard is connected to Rocks...AND the Oni/Oar's race...AND the "nightmares" that Devil Fruits can bring to life.

What does that mean? I don't really know...

If we knew what the 3 Skulls represented, we'd probably figure out a LOT about the story....but it's really vague so far.

Maybe it represents the past, present, and future? It could be a visual way to show "Inherited Will".

Maybe it's about not letting go of the past? Of holding onto a grudge, rather literally.

Maybe it's about people coming together? A mass of people believing the same thing and making it into reality via the Devil Fruits? Maybe Blackbeard's Fruit was actually made by 3 people working together, which is why he can control multiple Devil Fruits? Maybe that's why he can't sleep...one of the three people in his head is always awake.

Blackbeard's version might not even mean the same thing as Oars' version. Blackbeard MIGHT have corrupted or twisted the "true" meaning.

And then there's the connection between Blackbeard's and Luffy's Fruit.

There's...something going on. From their first interaction Blackbeard and Luffy have been...two sides of the same coin, really. Luffy...DISLIKED FOOD around him...that's just WEIRD to me. Luffy loves ALL food. He seemed to just dislike it...just because Blackbeard liked it.

And Luffy seems like he should AGREE with Blackbeard's statement that "Dreams...NEVER DIE!" But, Luffy looks...horrified? Worried? Why?

So, maybe it's the Nika Fruit. Maybe the Sun God was the only one out of the 4 Skypeia Gods who disagreed with the others. Another possibility for the 3 Skulls.

Or...maybe they're twin Fruits. Two Fruits created at the same time by the same person...with conflicting Wills. A person who couldn't decide whether he wanted to save humanity...or destroy it.

It's possible the Dark God wants to continue the endless cycle of Inherited Will and basically live forever. And the Sun God wants to break the cycle and move past it. The difference between "Inherited a DREAM" and "Inheriting a GRUDGE".

TLDR? There's...A LOT we don't know, yet.

And as a bonus...The Fate of Buggy the Clown!
I think he's going to end up being the new King of the World.

....I'm serious.

Buggy's been failing upwards this ENTIRE manga. And I think Oda's going to take this gag to it's natural conclusion. I think Buggy's going to end up taking over for Imu at the end of the manga. He's probably going to be a puppet-ruler for whoever the "real" new ruler of the World Government ends up being.

He's NOT going to be happy about it, though. He's going to be SOOOO overwhelmed by this and sweating bullets the entire time. Just thinking "How'd this happen to me? How do I get out of this?"

MAYBE the rest of the world will THINK he's the current "King of the Pirates"...but we all know who the REAL King of the Pirates will be.

And a second bonus...The Cause of Whitebeard's Mystery Illness?!
*Looks over at Succubus-Stussy*

...I mean...I couldn't blame him...

Okay, so what if original-Succubus-Stussy feeding on Whitebeard to get his DNA (possibly to create a "clone" of him with Weevil) is what gave Whitebeard his unnamed illness? Other than just getting old.

This would require original-Stussy to ALSO have Succubus powers, though, which we don't know for sure...but, we'll see.

Next time? Maybe I'll talk about the Admirals and Koby a bit. They have some interesting themes.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
For some reason, I skipped watching the last three eps of My Hero Academia.

Was putting Spy X Family in the background but now I'm watching it and on ep9.

The brother is so clueless!!!! Hahahaha!!!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just been watching the latest ep of BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. Season 2, Mapple is a riot in this ep, her approch to dealing with monsters, is really funny to watch

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I just found out that Discotek Media salvaged the previously squandered license for Re:Cutey Honey! And its getting a release soon with its own dub! I'm so happy, Ive been waiting to own that legally for years.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The newest chapter of One Piece came out. I won't spoil too much. I'll just say...two people show up. It's good to see one of them after so long. The other one has me scratching my head a little.

Time for what will probably be the last part of my One Piece Megatheory.

This will be mostly a grab-bag of different things that don't really connect with each other. Just things that might happen before the end of the story.

The Admirals and Koby!
So far, we’ve had Akainu/Red Dog (Magma Fruit), Kizaru/Yellow Monkey (Light Fruit), and Aokiji/Blue Pheasant (Ice Fruit). These are all animals from the legend of Momotaro, the peach boy. I kind of have to wonder if eventually we’re going to meet someone who was literally BORN from a Devil Fruit, like Momotaro was born from a giant peach. Maybe some sort of artificial super-human created by Vegapunk?

Momo from Wano has a similar name, but no connection to the Admirals or Navy. You would think Momotaro the new leader of Wano...would be our metaphorical Momotaro...but I think Koby actually fits the actual MYTH better. Why? Because he has pink hair and a friendly personality. (Momo means pink in Japanese). Koby's really grown off-screen during One Piece...and I have to wonder if there's going to be a pay off to that. I could see him taking over as the head of a newly-restructured and "redeemed" Navy in a epilogue to the story. Will he get a Devil Fruit? I honestly don't know.

We also have Fujitora/Wisteria Tiger/Purple Tiger and Ryokugyu/Green Bull. These are combinations of the original 3 Admirals colors. Going by this we COULD get some Orange Admiral in the future (I guess the Japanese word is Orenji). MAYBE Sengoku (The Buddha) was the Orange Admiral, but he was more Gold than Orange.

I’m not sure what the theme is of the other admirals. There are Tiger and Bull yokai, such as the Nue and the Ushi-Oni. These two animals are also part of the Asian Zodiac. In fact, ALL the admirals so far are part of the Asian Zodiac. Maybe we’ll get a BUNCH more Admirals before the end of the story for each of the 12 signs of the zodiac?

And if THAT’S the case, I wonder what the chances are of seeing some sort of cat-themed Admiral (or would be Admiral or former Admiral) who got left out somehow, as a villain. Because, as anyone who’s seen Fruits Basket knows, there’s a legend about the house-cat getting left out of the Zodiac party. There IS Black Arm Zephyr from Movie Z, but he’s not really cat-themed. Maybe it could have something to do with Rocks?

It’s also worth noting that the Admirals have the opposite personalities from their Devil Fruits. Akainu has the Lava Fruit but is rather cold and calculating. Kizaru has the Light Fruit but is really laid back instead of zipping around everywhere. I wonder if that was on purpose by the World Government. Trying to keep the “memories” or “feelings” of the Devil Fruits suppressed by giving them to the WORST MATCHES, personality-wise. I wonder if the World Government gave these Fruits to people who could NEVER truly understand or awaken them, just to keep them under control.

The Secret of the Transponder Snails!
I just think there's going to be SOME sort of reveal involving the Den Den Mushi by the end of the story. They're just so ubiquitous throughout the story that it's easy to take them for granted. They just tend to fade into the background. It's easy to forget how...weird they actually are.

Could they have some tie to the Dials back on Skypeia? I don't believe we've ever actually seen the animal the Dials come from. And both seem to have some tie to some vague "energy". And, though the Dials have kind of disappeared from the story, they could come back into play.

I think the most likely theory I have is that the Tronsponder Snails are spying for the True Celestial Dragons. They're the main form of long-distance communication in this world for just about EVERYONE. I could see the Space Dragon Empire using these snails to keep tabs on what's going on in the One Piece World.

Just...how creepy would it be if one of the Snails just started...TALKING? Without anyone else on the other end? One of these Snails starting to talk on their own with a evil smirk on it's face could be a big moment in the story.

The Secret of Water 7!
This may seem completely random. But, in Road to Laugh Tale 1, Water 7, the Venice-inspired island, is mentioned alongside Skypeia, Fishman Island, and Zou. Those three islands are all MUCH more important to the world’s lore than Water 7. Sure, Roger’s shipwright lives there, and Pluton’s plans where there. But I wonder if there’s more here.

Each one of these islands are “special” in some way. Water 7 is sinking. Skypeia is in the sky. Fishman Island is the only place in the deep ocean that light reaches. Zou is a giant elephant. Maybe they’re all creations of the Ancient Kingdom? Could it be something else?

Could it be that Water 7’s sinking is somehow connected to Devil Fruit users not being able to swim? I have no idea how, mind. Maybe someone is trapped underneath Water 7. Maybe the entire city is a prison for one man? Or maybe it’s like the Red Line, and helping to imprison the Devils in the center of the world.

The Emerald City!
This was only mentioned ONCE, being mentioned along with a “city of gold” and the One Piece. We’ve seen a city of gold already (Skypeia). So…I think we’ll probably see some sort of Emerald City in the manga.

Although, I’m not sure if it’ll be “Emerald” like the gemstone, or “Emerald” like a forest. We still have to see the Treasure Tree Adam, too. It’s possible there’s some sort of town built into a forest all around the Tresure Tree Adam. Maybe Adam is based on Joshua Trees, or maybe the Emerald city is a forest of people turned into trees, or a race of Tree-people? Or maybe, a forest of Devil Fruit Trees?

It’s possible if the Emerald City has anything to do with trees, they might also have something to do with the paper that the Vivre Cards are made from. Vivre Cards are made from the fingernails of the people you want to track, but you’d have to fix it with something else to make the paper itself, I’d think. Maybe the Vivre cards are made of tree-people?

It's also possible that the Emerald City COULD be God Valley. I've seen some theories that Skypeia's "city of gold" is more of a "yellow brick road" leading to Oz/Oars...and eventually the Emerald City.

The Showdown with Shanks!
I think Luffy and the Strawhats WILL end up fighting with Shanks, for some reason. Maybe Shanks will see Luffy as a threat to the stability of the world?

In any case, if there's EVER going to be a callback to the Davy Back Fight, I think it'd be in a fight with Shanks. You KNOW Oda wants people to see that arc in a new light. It’s the MOST derided arc in all of One Piece. And Oda never does ANYTHING without some reason. Shanks COULD challenge the Strawhats to a Davy Back Fight to force them to join his crew...and thusly be under his command. Forcing them to follow his orders NOT to find the One Piece in order to maintain peace in the world.

BUT…IF Oda really wants to speed up the manga…it’d be pretty easy to set up a four-way war between Dragon, Shanks, Blackbeard, and Buggy for the Strawhat Crew and what they know about where the One Piece is. Specifically, I think it’d be interesting to see a fight between Dragon and Shanks, since they’re Luffy’s “two dads”. And I DO think Oda is setting up some kind of "War of 20 Fleets" with how many characters are making cameos in the Egghead arc.

Big News Morgans!
Yeah, something's up with this bird-man. We never see him out of his half-Zoan form. He very nearly gets away with publishing anything he wants. He has ties to Stussy, and the Revolutionary Army, and the Underworld. There's going to be a reveal about him coming up, maybe pretty soon.

I think it's likely he's part of Rogers' crew. Like Rayleigh and Crocus (the guy who was with Laboon). If not Rogers' crew, MAYBE another former Rocks pirate.

And I have to wonder if he has ties to the OTHER Morgan that we know, Ax-Hand Morgan from the very first arc of One Piece. I doubt they're the same guy, but they MIGHT be related.

It's also worth noting, that in the prototype for One Piece the "evil" pirates were called Morganeers. Is this a hint that Big News Morgans is a secret villain somehow? Maybe *shrug*

The Secret of the Seastones!
This is one of the bigger mysteries of One Piece that I can't quite wrap my head around. How can a rock have the power of the Ocean? What does that even mean?

I mean, I guess if you can "program" information into Devil Fruits, you COULD do the same for a rock. It's just...strange?

Maybe it's completely different alien technology? Maybe it's the "original" rock from this world that didn't change during my theoretical terra-forming? A rock that wasn't effected by changing this world into being suitable for human life?

Maybe it's a type of rock created by the Earth-God Fruit user?

Captain John's Treasure!
I mean, Buggy's after it, so it's probably something relatively boring like gold.

But, let's see here. If the One Piece is Bink's sake, and the Tresure of Mariejois is actually Joyboy's body...what could Captain John's treasure be?

Well...Kozuki Toki's supposed to be dead...maybe it's her Time Fruit? We still don't know where they ended up after she died. Or maybe it's Toki herself, if she's somehow still alive?

A lot of people are speculating that Shandora has a sister city. A "silver city of the moon" that makes up Jaya's OTHER missing eye. I guess maybe Captain John could have found that.

I don't know...it could be something interesting. Since it seems like Rocks found out something about Devil Fruits, maybe it's a really strong God-type Devil Fruit?

Oh...or a SECOND Devil Fruit Tree? A sapling that Captain John found in God Valley? There's probably the "main" tree Imu might have, but what if there's more than one?

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
And last but not least...

(Yeah, I know, I write too much sometimes...)

Potential Sequels to One Piece!
The Two Piece...IS REAL!!!

I think we all know that One Piece is just too popular to just…stop. And in recent years a BUNCH of manga have been getting sequels from different creative teams. We’ve got Dragon Ball Super, Yasahime for Inuyasha, Boruto for Naruto, Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card, Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest, Seven Deadly Sins Four Knights of the Apocalypse, and probably more. We’re going to get some sort of One Piece sequel series because Shonen Jump needs more money. The only question is how that sequel will work.

With my theory as is, I think the most likely sequel would basically be “One Piece…In SPACE!”. Either the Straw Hats or their descendants would go to space to fight the Space Dragon Empire and bring freedom to the stars. This would be…strange. But, also the most creative and different idea.

Another possibility is following the Straw Hat’s kids, or whoever Luffy ends up giving the Straw Hat to by the end of the story. That’d be a fine ending. But, they’d need a treasure of their own to find. Maybe it’d be simple enough to explore the newly-recreated world after the Red Line falls. Maybe they could look for the Emerald City, if that doesn’t come up in the main story. Maybe the next person to eat the Gum-Gum Fruit or to inherit Luffy’s will the way Luffy inherited Gol D Roger/Nika’s will.

They could also do a prequel series. A lot of people want a Gol D. Roger story. Personally, I think a Joyboy story would be more interesting. Or maybe we could even go all the way back to Sun God Nika’s time and see how the One Piece Gods originally worked.

We could follow the adventures of Koby in the Marines. He’s kind of been a parallel protagonist with Luffy since the beginning of the story. I could see there being enough meat to the story to follow his story of rising through the ranks.

We could get something with a bunch of young Celestial Dragons who want to see the world. Kids who haven’t had time to get spoiled by being Celestial Dragons and want to see the wider world together.

And then there’s Sabo and the Revolutionary Army. Personally…I kind of hope this doesn’t happen, because it means that the World Government story wouldn’t have a ending in the main series. But, I COULD see a ending where the following happens: The Straw Hats finally find the One Piece treasure, gasp in astonishment but don’t show the audience what they see, and then the Marine use the Buster Call on Laugh Tale and blow up the entire island with the One Piece on it. The Straw Hats probably would turn up alive eventually, but we COULD follow Sabo and the Revolutionaries and they try to “avenge” the Straw Hats for a spin off manga. This would mean we wouldn’t see a fight with the World Government in the main story and One Piece would get a tragic ending. But…a war with the World Government wouldn’t really be a pirate manga anymore, it really would be a war-manga instead. A different protagonist with a different focus could work. I doubt this one, but it popped into my head, so here it is.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Been watching a lot of random newer anime that are ongoing.
-Unite Up!: Another boy idol show. Slightly different in that the MC didn't have much interest in idols before. The MC's VA also does Denji's voice in Chainsaw Man. They're also trying to tie into RL stuff w/ the VAs. Not too big on that.

-Play It Cool Guys: Cute slice of life with a group of guys that are clumsy but try to look cool. Obligatory yaoi undertones.

-That Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague: Cute romcom with a guy who's a descendant of a snow woman. High emotions tend to cause snow/ice effects. Can get overly saccharine.

-Buddy Daddies: Two male assasins take in a 4yr old girl. Action-comedy. Enjoying how other people react to the two dads.

-Technoroid Overmind: I went in expecting boy idol anime #5623 but with androids. The world is set in the future, where global warming often means traveling by water vehicles. Due to the heat, humans can't stay out long during the day w/out protection. Thus, robots and androids to help. Was not expecting the end of ep 1. There's also robot/android discrimination. If you give it a shot, watch out for Ep 5. It absolutely destroyed me.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just watched the latest ep of Farming Life in another world, I'm enjoying this series a lot, it maybe apart of a harem type anime but its also a feel good slice of life series, the latest ep, bought a tear to my eye because it was heart warming, the main character dies in our world and blessed by god with a healthy body and a magical farming tool that enables him to grow any kind of crop he can imagine, at first, he takes in some dogs, which are actually inferno wolves, a large spider then he joined by a Vampire, then a angel (not sent by god) and then a bunch of elven girls and what started as just a man with a hut expands into a full blown farm village, located within a place with a very nice name (Forest of Death)

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
More One Piece speculation!

These ones just randomly popped into my mind this week. So, might as well write them down.

A Possible Connection Between Imu and Nika?!
What if Imu...IS Nika?

Try to stay with me on this one, because this idea gets weird.

Imagine if, somehow, someone like Abraham Lincoln became immortal and secretly ran the USA from the shadows, maybe after faking his death. Now, he's a real-life historical figure. He actually exists. BUT...there's also a lot of myths surrounding him. A lot of stories get told about him and some exaggerate the truth and become popular. The LEGEND kind of ends up taking on a life of it's own.

And in One Piece...there actually seems to be a mechanism to make legends like that into reality. Devil Fruits. We just learned that Devil Fruits can turn dreams into powers. And we know that if someone has the Ope-Ope no Mi's Immortality Surgery done on them they CAN become immortal.

So...what if a person "inspired" a Devil Fruit...but that person kept living...and for whatever reason, maybe compromised their ideals? What if who that immortal GREW INTO...became someone their "younger" self would HATE?

What if that immortal was working in the shadows...and the people of the world created a idealized version of that immortal that was working against everything they did? A Devil Fruit that kept trying to overthrow the government that the immortal was controlling behind the scenes?

What if Imu inspired the myth that created the "god" Nika?

What if Imu is working against her own LEGEND? She literally can't escape her past self.

It's like being haunted by a picture from 20 years ago that the internet just won't let die.

What brought this on? Well, a rather interesting video by Artur.

(The video has some spoilers for Film Red, just a fair warning).

I don't agree with everything in the video, but he does seem to be thinking along similar lines that I am.

But, a really interesting bit of information is that the number 16 can be read in Japanese as..."I-Mu" (as in 1-6). That might be why 16 "bullets" were fired to wipe out Sabo, and why Celestial Dragons shoot people 16 times, and why Doflamingo has a attack with 16 in the name. It's all "praising" Imu.

And you know what another reading of 16 in Japanese is? "Hi-Ro"...as in the "hero" of a story. So, Imu COULD end up being the hero of the story...who had to compromise their beliefs for some reason. A fallen hero, perhaps. Which kind of fits my theory from a page ago pretty well, I must say.

(I'm taking that second bit off Wikipedia. Hopefully, it's accurate.)

The One Piece Treasure...and the hints we're getting from various spin-offs. OR..."I hope the One Piece doesn't turn out to be..."
This is going to spoil a few things from the One Piece Odyssey video game and Film Red. Not BIG things, but maybe enough. Just be warned before continuing onward.

Soooo....music is playing a really big part in most of these spin-offs, lately.

In Odyssey, the Strawhats learn the song "Sunlight of Salvation" which allows them to access the Divine Breath, a weapon that seems to be modeled after the other Ancient Weapons, like Pluton and Poseidon and Uranos. It even has it's own "priestess" in Lim, who mirrors Shirahoshi and Momo (and possibly Imu). ("Lim" is also ONE LETTER away from IM...so I have to wonder if there's some connection or wordplay there.)

And music plays a big part in Film Red, just by virtue of Uta being a idol singer. She has the song "New Genesis" which plays a big part in the movie. (I still haven't seen the movie, so I can't really comment further)

So...I have to wonder if Oda is hinting through these high-profile spinoffs that the One Piece...is actually a "piece" of music. The "chord" that links all men. A song that can unite the world. Maybe One Piece ends with everyone singing a song together. Music bringing the world together and healing old wounds. Or maybe there's some sort of play on "Music of the Spheres" and it gets more cosmic than that. Maybe the One Piece was actually the SONG "Bink's Sake" all along (although, I'd bet we get different or "real" lyrics at the end of the story).

I just think that'd be a really big mistake.

And not because it doesn't really fit. Music's been a big part of One Piece since the very beginning. Someone is ALWAYS singing when there's a party going on. Luffy wanted a musician on his crew almost since the very beginning. The anime was even kind of famous in the early days for it's great music. And Bink's Sake does seem like it's important and it being the song we already know, just with new lyrics would actually be a decent reveal.

It's just that...it wouldn't really work in the MANGA. I'm sure it'd be a GREAT moment in the anime, where we would actually get to hear the song. But, even if the song ALSO reveals the history of the world to us...it'd be underwhelming just by the simple fact that we wouldn't be able to HEAR it in the manga. Because it's a silent medium. Music is the ONE thing that comics just...CANNOT do well. Comics are a great "jack of all trades" medium, but music simply doesn't translate well to just visuals, no matter how well it's illustrated.

Even if they include the ACTUAL musical notes in the manga...I can't READ music. I think a LOT of people can't READ music. We wouldn't be able to "hear" the music in our heads, even if you GAVE us the sheet music in the manga.

But, the thing is...I can kind of see Oda doing that. I kind of feel like Oda's been using the manga as "storyboards" for the anime for a while now. A lot of big moments just...work better in the anime, because they aren't cramped by the tight page layouts. Oda packs a LOT of panels into a page. And a LOT of details into the panels. It's actually rather impressive. But...it can also lead to those pages ended up crowded and a little claustrophobic at times. For example, I think the reveal of Gear 5/Nika will be a LOT better in the anime, simply because it'll be given more room to breathe.

So, I could see Oda having a key element of the story that just...works better in the anime. Because he KNOWS it's going to show up in the anime. It's guaranteed. They're not going to cancel One Piece RIGHT BEFORE they reveal what the treasure is.

I just...don't think music alone will be a good reveal for when it shows up for the first time in the manga. I think people will be let down if we've had to wait 30 YEARS to find out what the treasure is...and it turns out to be a song that we have to wait for the anime to get to in order to actually HEAR.

But, maybe I'm completely off base. Maybe music will just help LEAD to the treasure and not BE the treasure. I think I'd be okay if the 4 Road Poneglyphs end up "writing" a song for the Strawhats to interpret to find Laugh Tale. That'd be a good way to work music in, I think. Maybe that's just me, though.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Good News Everybody! Viz just dropped a ton of their popular older library shows on YouTube free with ads. Subbed, but that may be your preference anyways. Sailor Moon, Naruto, Inuyasha, Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, and Mr Osomatsu. also a handful of Movies including the 4 Inuyasha movies.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Bad news Everybody. Well some good and bad. Good News, Attack on Titan "The Final Season" part 3 part one starts next week. The Bad news, It's just one hour long special and we still don't know when part 2 of part 3 is due later this year.

I had a feeling things were a bit too close to an ending (never have read the manga), and it was weird that we ended things where they were after "Final" Season part 2. I'd heard that the last part was rumored to be a movie, and this is kind of there. But I swear if I ever meet the genius that was behind the tag line of the "Final" season the last three years I would like to kick him into a Titan's maw personally.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think a lot of fans would do the same, but then AOT after season 3 changed studios, so they wanted to seperate themselves from what been done prior, everything for AOT world changed between those seasons as there was a serious time skip!

wentwood

Citizen
In 2 days I want to order up Pocket Monsters Black And White (Series XIV) on DVD. I own Rival Destanies. I will then own 15 series dating back to Indigo League.

This spring I want to finish Journeys (Gen 8) on Netflix.

I had wanted to wait to let this fill in and watch all of it. Year 3 is running yet.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I stopped watching Pokemon around the time of the advanced series when it finally dawn on me that most eps were pretty much the same basic format of problem of the week and Team rocket blasting off, again and again, it was growing tiresome by that point, while its rival, Digimon was the stronger series in terms of storylines as it was more mature, the early Pokemon Games I use to play a lot on the Gameboy but then as time moved on, so did I, the hype around Pokemon pretty much fizzled out

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I'd actually say the anime did finally bounce back around the X/Y series. Not that it wasn't more of the same formula at times, but the animation started to look gorgeous, and once it did focus on more eventful plot lines it really did get much more interesting.

Sun and Moon shook up the formula by having Ash mostly stationary in one place with a larger supporting cast. Wasn't a fan of the more cartoony animation they changed over to but over all the characters were fun and less one note. Also had a pretty touching episode early on. Plus TR's blasting off gag being supplanted by an overbearing Bewear was hilarious at times.

Journeys has been interesting as it's the last Gen anime to feature Ash now, and the creators do feel like they are trying to cap some long standing plots or call back to other series. And it's a good border between X/Y's gorgeous animation and Sun and Moons more expressive styles. And really it was around this era they kept from using Team Rocket every episode. They finally realized there were more stories they could do without them coming in every time to mess things up out side of Gym battles.

wentwood

Citizen
Watch List

Pocket Monsters Advanced
Series VI
DVD

Due Up

Advanced Challenge
Series VII
DVD

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Having placed my order for both Black and White and Adventures In Unova on DVD I'm resuming from Advanced. Hopefully Pocket Monsters (US Dub) won't run out on me before the rest of past episodes are released on DVD. I was hoping for a non stop run which was why I held off. I need time to order and ship them in. Ultra Legends is out on DVD so time to fill in up to Gen VII episodes. April - June to get Kalos as each is 2 parts on DVD. (6 releases.)

Top Bottom