AI don't trust techbros

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Sure you can, but all-natural stupidity is so easy to find that there's no point.
Naw, cause the second you do it on purpose, it's not stupidity. It becomes malice, or at the very least incompetence. Real stupidity is the only place where humans can never be replaced by machines.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
You know what I'm realizing? We're already at the stage where people think the AI we have right now is not just good enough to replicate the work of a human, but good enough to be an improvement. Where people start applying the old chestnut of "computers can't make mistakes" and advocating for putting them in positions of power to fix the inherent problems with letting fallible human beings be in charge of things.

I always kind of assumed that when SHODAN started getting delusions of godhood, it was meant to read as some kind of emergent behavior that came out of nowhere. Not that it just started believing what people had been actively saying about it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
AI is a meme. I am confident that this won't produce anything reliable.

I am less confident that they won't just use it anyway even if it is unreliable.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Funny thing is, in certain areas, AI is better than a Human at VERY specific tasks. Training biases are MUCH harder to screen out on complex problems, though, so all AI should be looked at with a skeptical lens.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
We're not even any good at that, though. A race of self-aware computers would 100% favor just letting us go extinct, either actively or passively depending on which turns out to be less hassle for them.

NovaSaber

Citizen
3e9d569476ab19dbe902ad9f72794404c95cd5df.jpg

So which is going to happen first? Gullible people thinking the AI is God, or the AI itself thinking it's a god?

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
The Right Wing decrying it as wrong and evil because it's too woke to be Jesus?

The AI telling a MAGA to do a gun massacre?

The possibilities are endless.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Nobody can explain why? It's simply a case of gigo. Garbage in, garbage out. The thing learns from the internet, it probably just discovered 4chan or the discussion sections in Steam.

Top Bottom