A trip down memory lane TF websites from the past

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Here's something from this very forum archived via WayBack Machine.

It's Page 1 of the thread where the big Japanese G1 cartoon timeline was first seen by the western fandom in October 2007, when everyone was shocked to see Car Robots included, BWII and Neo both set long after Beast Machines instead of before it, and the whole Japanese Primus retcon:

And the ATT version of the same topic from the same time period:

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
SmartSelect_20220108-223715_YouTube.jpg

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
People keep invoking Toei-G1 and its Pack-in Liner to a Mail-Away Promo Disk of a Radio Play of Revelation, and... the reflex kicks in. An allergic reaction to cognitohazards, if you will. 🙃

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
People keep invoking Toei-G1 and its Pack-in Liner to a Mail-Away Promo Disk of a Radio Play of Revelation, and... the reflex kicks in. An allergic reaction to cognitohazards, if you will. 🙃
The horse is dead. Has been for over a decade and a half. Kindly stop beating it. You're just spamming threads at this point.

And it's no more convoluted than this timeline.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
So, having an opinion and expressing it humorously = spamming. Got it. 🙄

I do in fact have a rationale for my opinion, though I feel that explaining it fully would fall somewhat outside the purview of this board. That said, it's easy enough to just blame Scorponok. And that crazy EDC lady.

(The irony is that I was once a weeby Super Robot Life Form Transformers fan, who thought that "Transform!" sounded best shouted in katakana. That was before the Dark Times....)

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Has anyone else had issues with Tripod sites being declared malicious by one's browser protection software?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Has anyone else had issues with Tripod sites being declared malicious by one's browser protection software?
Not on my end, no.

Have you tried switching between http and https in the URL to see if one works instead of the other? That might work.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
So, I use Norton on my desktop, and AVG on my mobile -- which I usually use to post to the Allspark. Norton and CCleaner Browser had no problems going to a Tripod site, but trying to do so with Samsung Internet resulted in AVG flipping out and declaring it a malicious site. Confusing, to say the least. I suspect a false positive if Norton couldn't find anything wrong, but there we are.

Anyway, I'd likely have needed to put up an "at one's own risk" warning anyway, because the Lair o' Beasties (also known as the Javaberry Cafe) was definitely a unique take on Mainframe's saga (though less out-and-out pratfall-and-innuendo-laden as the World's Worst Fanfic). Alas, the proprietress edited out her first fanfic "D.A.M.I.J.D", which may truly be lost media at this point, and replaced it with a bizarre children's book with no continuity connections I can perceive. She still has most of the cast up to early season 3 (No Transmutate, Tigerhawk or Ravage, sadly). Beast Machines did not get included in spite of her updating the site through 2000 or so, although I dimly recall once seeing a draft write-up for Tankorr.

(I did give a copy of the faanfic "There's Something About Dinobot" to Scott McNeil at a local anime convention he attended. I hope he enjoyed it. He signed my MOC TM2 Dinobot with the phrase "TALK FOR YOU!" It was a good day. )

Top Bottom