A Long Time Ago In a Galaxy Far, Far Away.... - Star Wars General Discussion

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
Awesome, except Wraith didn't exist until after Bacta Wars, the last Rogue novel....yeah I know, I'm being picky, oh wait nevermind....WrAth, not WrAIth, forget I said anything

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Like what you like but that's not what canon means.

-ZacWilliam, head canon and personal canon are fine and cool, as is just preferring and paying attention to what you like, but you liking something is not what makes "Real canon."

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Photo of live action Sabine looking at the mural.

I really hope that's not how her armor looks in the series proper, as she is definitely lacking in color. That final suit had nice red and blue detailing on it.
20220910_195413.jpg

1662858164797_171230160048793.jpg

The card they gave the actress playing her in the series was based on her version 2 helmet.
sabine1(2).png

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Here is her fourth look helmet, hard to find screenshots of this and the reference material doesn't show it.
reb_ia_24150 (1).jpg

Based on this, it looks like the card may be based on this helmet. As the purple looks a bit closer. But the 2nd and 4th helmet are pretty similar in colors.

Here is a roleplay helmet from that outfit which looks to match the card.
78b0445e-7414-4598-aec5-bfe0512f642d.jpg

Last edited:

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Rogue Squadron was finally pulled off Disney's official 2023 release calendar yesterday, meaning the next time we could conceivably see Star Wars in theaters again is 2025.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Rogue Squadron was finally pulled off Disney's official 2023 release calendar yesterday, meaning the next time we could conceivably see Star Wars in theaters again is 2025.

Its not like they seem to have an actual goal in mind for the brand these days, if you take a step back and look at the bigger picture, you'll notice that there is no bigger picture for the brand outside of sequze every penny they can out of people, most of what they are producing is set after Return of the Jedi but before Ep 7, they are unable or unwilling to truly recon the disaster that was the sequel trilogy, sure the films made money but mech sales collapsed after ep 8 happened and Mano was what helped them recover a bit. They could try the past, before ep 1 but as they insist on everything they produce be "Canon" That means they cut themselves off with their High Republic series of books, effectively, they boxed themselves in and refuse to think beyond the box!

I think the problem isn't as they say sheduling conficts as they claim but really they got no plan of action, the head of Lucasfilm refuses to step aside to let someone more capable take the reigns and Disney doesn't want to fire her, because they fear the media will have a melt down over the fact a high profile woman got fired from her job and KK likely knows where all the bodies are buried that could ruin Disney, this is just my view on things and they just don't seem to be intersted in hiring real talent to produce stuff because it costs a lot of money, so they hire cheep, people with not a whole lot of experience and when things blow up in their faces, they pull out the racist of sexist cards, to cover for the fact people do not like what they are seeing, pretty much buring their heads in the sand and refusing to hear the real complaints!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Rambling about stuff aside, do we need Star Wars at the theater right now?

I mean I want it for sure, but what has been going up on Disney + has been great for the most part. Seeing things in the galaxy outside of the Skywalker clans view has been great and as far as I'm concerned there only been one real dud of a show since the Disney buy out.

Sure the movies have suffered from having no real goal point in mind. No ones going to deny that. It is probably the worst thing to happen since the buy out, forever tainting the saga in some eyes. But then again some of that happened nearly 25 years ago already to others. There's always been outcry since the Special Editions. It's just more out there anymore since everyone can get everyone's opinion from across the world in their pocket.

Personally I'm irked that the one movie I really want to see made is now on the back burner. It sucks, but I can step back and see that the director that actually wants to do it is tied already to a rather large franchise at a competing company. Since Disney can't get their meddling out of the way enough to let her get started, she's continuing where prior commitments stand. Though we'll have to see how well that goes with what WB is going through.

And with the way fans are reacting these days, I praise anyone brave enough to actually helm a Star Wars movie right now. People armchair directing the franchise and wanting super specific things to happen. Pretending like it been a male dominated power franchise when there's always been strong female role models since Leia. And just the toxicity of the fanbase overall.

At this point you have to brave death threats, constant ridicule, and probably asking if your actually directing the movie. Yet the TV branch seems to get a free pass to do more of what they want. And reallly part of that is branching outside of the Skywalkers again. The minimal parts they play in the TV shows allow the new characters to branch out and do their own thing. Success has been fairly positive that way.

Again the only true failure I feel TV has had was Resistance, which again tied to the hamstringing of the sequel trilogy isn't too surprising, but had merits it could of utilized but squandered. Rebels was a decent success, Mando has been the brand carrier, Book of Boba was weak but continued on even if it just became Mando 2.5. Concluding the Clone Wars was ok. The first arc set up the Bad Batch and I'm not complaining about where that's gone, Middle arc was meh, but the Mandolorian War and Order 66 arc through Ahsoka and Rex's eyes was brilliant. Obi Wan felt the sting of the Toxicity which felt mostly unnecessary. Half of it being the Armchair Directing, and the other half being the super toxic hate directed towards the Reva actress. I'm worried how much Andor is going to face since it's directly a not so happy adventure series with space wizard knights and more of a spy thriller sans the force.

Regardless I prefer looking towards the positive rather than add to the continued radioactive sludge of hate. I've gone on too long though and I apologize for my own rambling.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Again the only true failure I feel TV has had was Resistance, which again tied to the hamstringing of the sequel trilogy isn't too surprising, but had merits it could of utilized but squandered.
I've said before and I remain convinced that Torra was always meant to be the lead character of Resistance before Disney forced a rewrite to fit the show into Disney Channel's slapstick tween-comedy style. She has too many parallels with Luke to be a coincidence:

-Grew up in/near a small town (Anchorhead/the Colossus) on a backwater planet (Tatooine/Castilon).
-Raised by an overprotective parent figure (the Larses/Captain Doza) with an ominous history (Owen knows that Luke's father was a Jedi, Doza is a former Imperial).
-Has a missing parent connected to events in the wider galaxy (Luke's father is a Sith Lord, Torra's mom was with the Resistance).
-Main hobby is racing airspeeders with their friends (Biggs, Deak, Fixer, Cammie/the Aces).
-While fighting occasional raiders (Sandpeople/Kragan Gor's pirates).
-Surrounded by toys but hungering for real adventure (Luke's model airspeeder/Torra's video games).
-Encounters a goofy comic-relief character (3P0/Kaz) and their smarter sidekick (R2/BB-8) on a mission from (Princess/General) Leia.
-Who puts them in contact with a grizzled old soldier who's been under their noses all along (former Jedi Kenobi/former X-Wing pilot Yeager).
-Who in turn drags them into the conflict as it escalates.

I'm guessing that the original plan would have had Captain Doza die when the First Order invades (leaving Yeager in charge of Colossus), and Torra's mother would've been revealed to be dead (rather than just off adventuring somewhere).

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Apropos of nothing, this popped into my head a couple of days ago, and I had to release it onto the net. Because I am a Sad Bastard of two fandoms.

wentwood

Citizen
Currently watching Andor , The Bad Batch and The Book Of Boba Fett. Bad Batch on DVD. I finished Clone Wars on DVD. The only movie I have yet to see is Solo. I watched all 9 movies in the Skywalker Saga on DVD.

Now Lucus wants to push this trilogy into an alternate timeline and make a new trilogy. One to replace the Disney disaster. Not sure if anything came from this one yet.

The Lucus Sequel Trilogy

I'm thinking they can't call this Episodes VII - IX as we have them out so all Lucus can do is retitle it under new sub names.

wentwood

Citizen
Post Skywalker Saga Thoughts

As much as the first sequel trilogy was a disaster they ended it the way it needed to by moving the story forward with Episode VII.

The First Order was sort of a next chapter fight.

Dake

Citizen
Currently watching Andor , The Bad Batch and The Book Of Boba Fett. Bad Batch on DVD. I finished Clone Wars on DVD. The only movie I have yet to see is Solo. I watched all 9 movies in the Skywalker Saga on DVD.

Now Lucus wants to push this trilogy into an alternate timeline and make a new trilogy. One to replace the Disney disaster. Not sure if anything came from this one yet.

The Lucus Sequel Trilogy

I'm thinking they can't call this Episodes VII - IX as we have them out so all Lucus can do is retitle it under new sub names.
You gotta stop reading Reddit man.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
yeah, I’m going to need to see some proof of a new alt time line. All that has been announced is one standalone movie set after the last trilogy.

Only bit of speculation is Daisy Ridley was supposedly at Lucasfilm the other day and shared a picture in her Instagram story.

Top Bottom