A Long Time Ago In a Galaxy Far, Far Away.... - Star Wars General Discussion

Cybersnark

Citizen
I mean, the new timeline thing is something the fandom's been talking about for years (and thanks to Rebels there's even an in-universe mechanism to introduce it), but that's a long way from Disney caring.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I mean, the new timeline thing is something the fandom's been talking about for years (and thanks to Rebels there's even an in-universe mechanism to introduce it), but that's a long way from Disney caring.
As an aside, I had a theory (which is mine, and what it is too) that the climax of Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (in which Lord Cronal/Lord Shadowspawn/"Agent Blackhole" is discorporated into hyperspace) would provide an in-universe explanation for the Legends EU being replaced by the current post-Endor novels timeline -- his spirit saw time, and reworked things into a more entropic pattern, as befits a former Sorceror of Rhand....

But currently, though there's much talk about What Lies Between The Worlds, all we can say with certainty is that some of the current Story Group also helped with the old Holocron Continuity Database... so you never know.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
If Lucasfilm really wants to move beyond the sequel trilogy, I think they should jump ahead by a few hundred years or so, clean slate, for the Jedi, just merely have them as fairy tales within the universe, I mean, I seriously doult your avarage Joe on the streets would know that the Emperor was Darth Sidious and a Sith lord and only know of his public image, similar with Darth Vader, who would likely been viewed as the Emperor's top enforcer, so the Jedi & Sith are merely fairy tales told to children and only the political elite truly know the present day Jedi order!

Alteratively, for the brand, go backwards, WAY before the High Republic stuff and tell the stories of how the Jedi rose up along side the republic and the past involving the Sith, but instead of telling the story from the point of view of a Jedi apperntice, do so with a Sith appentice, see the other side of the coin, so to speak!

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Alteratively, for the brand, go backwards, WAY before the High Republic stuff and tell the stories of how the Jedi rose up along side the republic and the past involving the Sith, but instead of telling the story from the point of view of a Jedi apperntice, do so with a Sith appentice, see the other side of the coin, so to speak!

I really thought that an opportunity was missed by not having a multimedia showcase of the Pius Dei era of the Republic. The Sith species are still in their corner of space, unknown to the wider Galaxy for the most part, the Jedi shutter themselves on certain planets as the Republic gets taken over by religious fundamentalists of a a different sort altogether. With the cathedral battleships and the Bureau of Ships and Services having a more active role in politics, the saga could have had a more Dune-style look and feel, and given us a "everything's the same, except for the fact that it's all different" reboot treatment without actually messing with any established lore (as the Prequel Trilogy is still some 12 000 years away in-universe, and most of the early Jedi v. Sith stuff a closer 5000-7000).

Last edited:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
That first trailer for the game where the Sith dude walks up to the Jedi temple then the shuttle crashes in full of Sith. That’s what I want to see in a movie.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Patty Jenkins has stated that Rogue Squadron is not scrapped, just not top priority at the moment.

p2gpZss.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So she says Star Wars is not her top prioty, thou what being said on the net regarding Wonder Woman 3 is that she raged quit as she refused to take notes from her bosses at Warner Discovery and sent them a link to a wikiepida page about "Character arcs!" I have to ask, what has she got lined up going forwards that would put Star Wars on the backburner? Some big budget Mega film, and after looking her up on wiki, nope, just some film she helping to produce with Chris Pine directing, trying to create a script for Star Wars, should be a prioty if she really wants to cement herself as a big time writer, director/producer!

From where I'm sat, Lucasfilm is clearly a studio in chaos with no clear vision or direction for its biggest brand and unable to get a single movie for that brand, off the ground, what I know, they had more people attached to make movies than films actually produced and that is pointing to poor management and the same management has let its people run mock on social media with no regards for the consquences of their actions

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I enjoy the Bad Batch. But I would LOVE a Republic Commando series. The video game. The books. Everything with these dudes was amazing. Say what you will about these particular figures. They have their flaws. But I’m glad they came out.
9011AA6C-7B89-40B9-849E-2094E7014EB6.jpeg

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen

Today at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023, Lucasfilm announced that James Mangold will be helming a film about the dawn of the Jedi, Dave Filoni will be helming a film to close out The Mandalorian sub-universe, and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy will be helming a sequel film about Rey rebuilding the Jedi.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
My question is, how long until these films get scrapped due to creative differences?

Honestly, I expect a lot of fans are like "Show us a trailer, then we can talk!" In general, I would not be surpised if a lot of fans ae just going to give Disney the middle finger, its been made clear that Disney doesn't like the "Old" fans and want this new modern audience, which lives on twitter but is full of hot air and Disney pretty much screwing around and picking a fight with a elected Groverner for no reason but to show how arrogant they are, they aren't exactly going to be generating any real excitment or buzz around anything they do of late!

Williow not getting a season 2, there is no Indi spin off coming, just the movie, there has been far more directors/producers attached to projects than films made, Rian Johnson trilogy isn't happening, neither is Rouge Squadron, they pushed away their core audience, Mano season 3 ratings are in the toilet from what I heard, just the other day a video I was listening to, gave a outline for Mano season 3 and the story makes no sense whatsoever, its extremely lazy and full of plot holes! Lucasfilm wants to move away from the "Skywalker saga (1 - 6 in reailty)" but they double down on a character nobody likes or wants, talk about being a bunch of hypocritics, its like Disney CEO saying they want to be creative, then a few days later, another remake is revealed, this time of a film that is only seven years old, so, my advice to any Star Wars fans, don't get your hopes up, it might be best to let these films flop at the box office and let the brand go into a LONG slumber until profesional writers revive it and the stupidy is out of the system at Disney, at the moment, that company, just cannot stay out of trouble, I'm starting to wonder if they gone insane in their old age!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Exactly. I'm hoping most of them. The one set 25,000 years earlier that will explain the Force sounds particularly horrifying to me.

I bet they would likely have the lead character be a female, you know, the Force is female, garbage and the founder of the Jedi order will likely use some BS reason for the creation of the Jedi, honestly, I don't want to know the origin of the Jedi, its pointless, at this stage, I think the best hope for Star Wars in general, is for Disney to sell Lucasfilm off to another company, who sees the potential that Star Wars has and do what must be done, purge Lucasfilm of all of these hacks and failures!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I don't think there's anything wrong with Star Wars,m now, nor is it likely going anywhere ever. I think you should probably just find something else to be a fan of.

-ZacWilliam, you're clearly not enjoying it anyway.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I wouldn’t say there isn’t anything wrong with it. It’s not perfect. That sequel trilogy and the fact they couldn’t get 1 cohesive story was evident of that.

Of the canceled projects I was looking forward to Rian Joh son’s the most. While I think the SW movie he did do was terrible, I can appreciate the direction he attempted to take. Was curious to see what he could do with his own 3 movies.

Rogue Squadron of course is another bummer. The book series was fantastic. But if they made it like Top Gun but in Space, it had potential.

As for the new movies. Super excited for a story about the first force user and the creation of Jedi and Sith. While this could easily be handled in a 5 min flashback, I’m excited.

a movie to bring the D+ universe together? Just do it like the Arrow-verse and how Arrow, Flash, whatever else had their big crossovers the last few years.

Rey rebuilding in the Order? I’m in. Opportunity for Luke, Kenobi and others to be there as force ghosts. Be great if she told them off and that she was going to do it her way. Curious how the Sith will be reintroduced. Hopefully not another Palpatine Clone.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
My main concern with Mangold's idea is that the early Republic would be "biblical." That implies it'll be about the Star Wars version of bronze age primitives, when it should actually be set during an age in which advanced technologies like lightsabers and hyperdrives already exist. Even if they do give us that, I fully expect we'll also get crap like this hideous monstrosity.

gRoDxaU.jpg

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I could really do without all that spiky Yuuzhan Vong armor. It would look absolutely ridiculous in live-action.

Top Bottom