Studio Series discussion

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
ULTTA THICC.png

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Please forgive me, but I can't seem to find official photos of some of the recent SS reveals, so I've done some quick and dirty edits for the time being.

PicsArt_1690371869350.png

Edit: Removed images that were shown to have better images at the link in the post below.

Last edited:

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm excited for mine to ship. Got the notice from Pulse a couple of days ago.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The 2 things I didn't like about the original were his height and his legs. It looks like we only gained in the height department slightly and sacrificed one bad leg design for another. A little disappointing, but this game was really one of my favorite console games of all time. Heck, I still play it to this day! Having a few characters from it will be fine with me. I don't see myself actually playing around with him very much. Same with Barricade.

Last edited:

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes, that fusion cannon leaves a bit to be desired. I wonder if a simple 3D printed piece on the back end would make it feel more complete? If not, it opens up the door for some 3P upgrade kits.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
\Not gonna lie, after seeing the rest of the game toys, I don't have high hopes. Seriously, these can't be that much harder than live action movie designs.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
\Not gonna lie, after seeing the rest of the game toys, I don't have high hopes. Seriously, these can't be that much harder than live action movie designs.

They seem to be rather stretched thin resently with all of ROTB tie ins and from the comic con panel, said they didn't have access to some of the CAD files for WFC, so a lot of things were lost when Microsoft bought out Activsion (somewhere in their archives) so, they don't exactly have everything they needed, so they might of been going off video footage from people who played the game in the past to get the transformations, simply put, to much going on at once, but with ROTB toys now out in the wild, hopefully future releases will be better quailty, but we'll see, maybe they'll revisit the figures to make improvements including better paint jobs, again, only time will tell!

Shadewing

Citizen
They seem to be rather stretched thin resently with all of ROTB tie ins and from the comic con panel, said they didn't have access to some of the CAD files for WFC, so a lot of things were lost when Microsoft bought out Activsion (somewhere in their archives) so, they don't exactly have everything they needed, so they might of been going off video footage from people who played the game in the past to get the transformations, simply put, to much going on at once, but with ROTB toys now out in the wild, hopefully future releases will be better quailty, but we'll see, maybe they'll revisit the figures to make improvements including better paint jobs, again, only time will tell!

Maybe that's also part of why Hasbro is trying to get them to re-release the games.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Not having CAD files means nothing since those weren’t designed to transform and accuracy isn’t the biggest issue.

You don’t need the CG models to see things like Bumblebee’s chest being so wide that he has to raise his arms to the side to point them forward, Barricade’s kibble, Megatron’s cannon or Prime’s truck mode having hands on the back are messed up. It’s probably budget, schedule or the designers getting sloppy. Maybe a combination of the three.

Top Bottom