Transformers Legacy toyline

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've not yet seen a case where it was necessary to design the shoulders that way. Some designer just personally likes it.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Whoever designs the shoulders like that needs to get fired

Or told not to do that sort of thing again, Legacy Laser Optimus has the same problem, they nail the general look but then, do something stupid with the arms thinking its cool and all they really had to do was just copy the original and make a few changes to the feet and install a matrix chamber while having the head store differently for vehicle mode!

I do wish the desginers would engage with fans a little more, just so that they can get a sense of how to update a character, I know they taken the feedback from the legacy Prime desgins into consideration which is why legacy Prowl looks much more closely to his animated counterpart, the legacy Acree has become the new Sideswipe, where they try to milk the mold as much as possible

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
OR just not bother with a Matrix chamber all together.

ALL they had to do was downsize the original figure, include no LEDs (helped by the downsizing), and add ankle tilts and wrist swivels.

But NNNOOOOOOOoooooo. They just HAD to increase the parts count, over-complicate the transformation, add a Matrix, and give him stubby arms, a chest Astrotrain could land on and legs longer than some Supermodels.

Plus, savings on the figure could've be passed on to the trailer so they could have done....something.

I HATE this mold, and hate even more the fact I'll soon own 3 of them. We finally get a Toxicon (Botcon notwithstanding) and he has to come out like this.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Eh the matrix chamber doesn’t affect too much overall. I won’t use it more than once but I can take it or leave it.

Now, the floating shoulderpads design looks godawful when raising the arms more than 30 degrees, restricts articulation and is just plain silly with the flap at the front trying its best to pretend to be a cohesive whole. There’s a reason the myriad robot franchises have shoulders that don’t work like that.

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm a little frustrated by them because I love Senator Shockwave and like Ratbat but Orion and Megatron would absolutely end up in a box never looked at or thought of again,

-ZacWilliam, Mostly I'd just like the Shockwave for the colors.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ratbat has been the one I've been debating about whether to keep or not because I already have the Takara deluxe version of the character.

Lobjob

Citizen
I love the idea that Megatron's flying won over Orion and he still turns in to a tank thing.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I won't experience Megatron's shoulders 'til Galvatron exists, but Scourge's are fine to me, I've never liked the tall stacks moving along with rest of the arm on their designs.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah I've honestly no problem with Legacy Laser Prime's shoulders. I feel if the tall parts moved with them, that'd just be more frustrating than anything else.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Visually, they still look like they're attached to his shoulders and not his torso anyway, so the fact that they don't move with the arms makes no sense.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The static shoulder pylons prevent the Laser Prime mold from raising his whole arm directly upward and fully lifting his sword triumphantly overhead.

This would also prevent the Armada Megatron mold from being able to do the same with his arms and any version of the Star Saber one places into his hand.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It would have been entirely possible to just add joints to the original shoulder designs, so we'd have both possibilities. I understand the budget, but that couldn't have been more costly than the reworked transformations they came up with.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
It would have been entirely possible to just add joints to the original shoulder designs, so we'd have both possibilities. I understand the budget, but that couldn't have been more costly than the reworked transformations they came up with.

If they had thought about it in the desgining stage, then it wouldn't cost anything beyond a few min

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Concerning design, is Aaron Archer involved in this at all? I follow him on social media, and I'm a fan of his art and what he created with Armada, but I'm not sure what all he is involved with these days.
I really enjoyed what previous designers did with his concepts in the T30 line, and am looking forward to seeing more. I just hope corporate cost cutting doesn't take overall beautiful concepts, and turn them into less than meets the eye.

Top Bottom