Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It has EVERYTHING. And in as close to chronological order as they can manage. (Even includes both Ghostbusters crossovers)
tmnt-donatello.gif

Keep in mind, if you have a comic book shop in your area, they MIGHT have a sale around Free Comic Book Day, which is coming up the first Saturday in May. Depends on how many issues you've missed, but if they have a sale on back issues or trades, you might be able to score a pretty good deal, there. Some shops have sales, and some don't, but it always pays to check.
I would love to do that, but I gotta keep it digital, I'm afraid. I'm running out of room for ongoing comic series, and I really mainly get Sonic as a physical thing now.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
It's a reprint of the first issue of Saturday Morning Adventures and issue #3 of IDW's Rise of the TMNT comic.

...And they're PARTIAL reprints, too. Only giving you half the story of each. Still, it's free, but it wouldn't be my first pick.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
But why? Stranger Things is the kind of world that would have the TMNT franchise exist within it as toys, comics, TV shows, movies, etc.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Depending on the version, the Turtles probably have access to a Trans-dimensional Portal. And they both have ties to other dimensions, whether it's Dimension X or the Battle Nexus or the Upside Down. So...yeah, there ways to make this happen.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The article makes it sound like the Stranger Things kids will simply be visiting New York and happen upon the Turtles.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, but I'd bet the Turtles are "investigating dimensional energy disturbances" or something and get shunted to the Stranger Things world before the events of the crossover. Almost all the TMNT crossovers involve dimension travel somehow. Ghostbusters, Usagi Yojimbo, Batman...Power Rangers is a exception, but still, usually. It's possible this is one of the exceptions, I guess. Still, using other dimensions just seems like it should be natural, given both shows histories. I can only imagine this ends with Krang inside a Demogorgon's tummy....one way or another.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Almost all the TMNT crossovers involve dimension travel somehow. Ghostbusters, Usagi Yojimbo, Batman...Power Rangers is a exception, but still, usually.
I'm still amazed that, despite that being the case for the Batman crossover comics, it was not the case for the animated movie. New York City and Gotham City just coexisted as separate places in that film, with the Turtles simply driving over from NYC to Gotham. Total subversion of expectations, right there. :geek:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was wondering about that...

Still gotta see that movie...

...and read that comic.

I forget, is the comic in IDW continuity, or separate?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Separate. It's basically it's own thing. Also there's three of them. And the third one gets NUTS!

I still kind of wish we'd get movies for the two sequel crossovers.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The movie was only loosely inspired by the first comic crossover, anyway, being more of its own new story.

But what a story it was! One of the best crossover movies of any fictional character team-ups, period! It was SO GOOD!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Separate. It's basically it's own thing. Also there's three of them. And the third one gets NUTS!

I still kind of wish we'd get movies for the two sequel crossovers.
Ah, cool. I'll probably read that before I jump back into IDWTMNT proper, then.

The movie was only loosely inspired by the first comic crossover, anyway, being more of its own new story.

But what a story it was! One of the best crossover movies of any fictional character team-ups, period! It was SO GOOD!
Glad to know, since I wound up with two copies. Grabbed a discount DVD a the drug store for five bucks, then someone got me the Blu-ray for Christmas. XD

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Glad to know, since I wound up with two copies. Grabbed a discount DVD a the drug store for five bucks, then someone got me the Blu-ray for Christmas. XD
Then whaddya waitin' fer?! Pop one of those discs into your Blu-Ray player and give that movie a watch!

Deathy G1

Citizen
How did I not know this existed!? I found it today at Target, and now can’t wait for my next on-site work shift so he can join my other office Slashes!

70552137674__7483F5CB-20DC-4316-B80D-F4AA1198B92A.jpeg

Top Bottom