Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Just looked that up, you are correct, though it would be the US Marshalls arresting him, not the FBI. At best, DeSantis refusing to cooperate would delay the arrest a few days to a week.

Axaday

Citizen

Enjoy your upcoming perp walk Trump.
That headline is so small. You don't get 34 charges from an improper hush money payment. There was a lot of talk about that because they were getting witnesses about it, but 34 charges is going to be a huge deal.

And every Republican wants to talk about the Democrat DA, because no one really wants to say a jury was bad.

Axaday

Citizen
Technically he can't just hide. If the Police refuse to bring him in, they can simply send the FBI. If there is a refusal to let the FBI arrest him, technically the tanks could roll in.

And even then, even if they didn't want to go that far right away they could freeze -all- his assets and his kids would turn him in just to get their money back.
Maybe simpler than that. The guy has a secret service detail always with him...

Axaday

Citizen
Even if it doesn’t guarantee his primary win, it’s going to make things very fractious.

Trials take a long time. This guy is going to be having to appear in court when the other guys are doing rallies and he may go to prison right before Super Tuesday. This is going to be a very hard campaign for him now.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
And every Republican wants to talk about the Democrat DA, because no one really wants to say a jury was bad.
Give it time, they'll be defaming and doxxing the jury before long. Once trump ends up under oath, it literally can only end 1 way: jail time. He either admits he was lying and cops to the charges as presented, or he perjures himself. Trump will take the choice that drags the proceedings out as long as possible.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Just looked that up, you are correct, though it would be the US Marshalls arresting him, not the FBI. At best, DeSantis refusing to cooperate would delay the arrest a few days to a week.
Wouldn't DeSantis be charged with obstruction or aiding and abetting if he tries to stop Trump's arrest?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Nope, because this is a state matter and not a federal matter. The states can choose to not allow extradition in much the same way nations can: if they feel the district will not properly follow the law or honour the requirement for a fair and impartial trial.

So not obstruction until after the subsequent investigation into the refusal to allow extradition shows that it was entirely biased in favour of trump, but by then: no one will care.

Axaday

Citizen
Wouldn't DeSantis be charged with obstruction or aiding and abetting if he tries to stop Trump's arrest?
He didn't say he would stop it. He just said they wouldn't arrest and extradite him. I am sure Trump is going to go in on his own and make a press event of it that will make him look as sophisticated as you can look when being indicted.

DeSantis is the best of many examples of "I want him to go down hard, but I don't want to have anything to do with it"

Axaday

Citizen
So not obstruction until after the subsequent investigation into the refusal to allow extradition shows that it was entirely biased in favour of trump, but by then: no one will care.

If Florida arrested him and refused to turn him over there could be a lot of legal wrangling around and such, but if they just ignore it I think there is no trouble for Florida. I don't think the State of Florida has to arrest someone because New York has a warrant for them.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Trump said he was going to surrender. Since when has trump ever kept his word? Lots of broken contracts with that guy, and he lies about what he said all the ******* time.

If it doesn't benefit him directly, immediately and immensely, he won't do it: and this will end with jail time. Period. So he won't surrender.

Desantis is an outright fascist and setting the precedent of red states refusing to comply "with witch hunts" helps him and other republicans in the long run.

Axaday

Citizen
Trump will surrender because he doesn't want to get handcuffed and stuck in a police car. He doesn't want to look weak. He didn't want to be in this situation at all, but now that he is in it his very best course is to show up at the court house or wherever, make a speech to gathered reporters about how unfair it is and then go in. It makes him look like he is condescending to the demands of petty players.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Trump will surrender because he doesn't want to get handcuffed and stuck in a police car.
That's too bad. I was really looking forward to the arresting officer giving Trump the ol'"watch your head" as he got loaded into the car.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
That's too bad. I was really looking forward to the arresting officer giving Trump the ol'"watch your head" as he got loaded into the car.
Even if they had to send folks to arrest him: unless he resisted arrest enough to piss off the people putting him in handcuffs that wouldn't have happened.

And frankly; don't discount it yet. Desantis has already stated they will not honour extradition, so if trump feels it's in his own best interest to simply stay home, he will. Considering how the requirements of the indictment stated trump was to surrender TODAY, and how many republicans in general have gotten away with outright ignoring government demands; there's a very real chance he just keeps telling the cops "I'll be in tomorrow".

My god, the people willing to fight for this fat sack of lying, orange cat turds. It's literally painful to think there could be a very actual second american civil war... over trump.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Most of them aren't fighting for Trump so much as they're fighting against anyone who opposes the Republican party. He's a worthless tub of orange shit, but he's their tub of shit.

Axaday

Citizen
I think there are very few Republican stars who are unhappy about this. There are several really great solutions to this equation* where you please Trump's fanbase, don't anger Trump, but don't actually create any barrier to Trump getting destroyed or get any more Trumpiness on you. You object to how Democrats shouldn't do this and shouldn't get away with it, but you don't say America is lost without Donald. You don't talk about whether he is guilty, just about the motives of the people driving it and how unprecedented and inappropriate it is. If you are reasonably careful, you can cover ALL the bases!

*Wolf Blitzer asked Mike Pence about it last night and poor, sweet Mike Pence said he's been travelling all over this nation thinking about his future (who know WHAT that could be. Probably a rock band, because I for one just cannot see how the guy who helped Trump get elected and THEN didn't "come through for him" on Jan 6 has ANY constituency) and it turns out that America just doesn't care about this. They care about their suffering from Biden's failed policies. This is just outrageous politics gone wrong. See? I did not say Trump is getting his reckoning, I did not leave him dangling in the wind, I didn't comment on his guilt or innocence or pay him any compliment, but I stood up for him when the chips are down. Now let's see if I can get this sucker in gear and ride it into the White House. He didn't say ANYTHING about Trump.

Last edited:

Top Bottom