Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Frankly, I don't think they were planning on doing it on tuesday specifically. A couple of the analysts I watch on youtube seemed pretty certain that the bill was coming due, but none of them were of the mind it would be before summer. I think the report of the meetings between the NYPD and the secret service got trump scared, so he did this to get a mob to help cover his escape. He'll probably be in russia just in time for borscht and vodka dinner entrees.

MrBlud

Citizen
Trump could be under indictment, flee the country, be convicted of the crime while in absentia and he’d STILL probably get the Republican Nomination and 30% of the popular vote…

Kup

Citizen
And with the wonky way we elect presidents, he’d probably get enough electoral votes too

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I want them to wait till 5.55 pm on friday, so trump has to sit in lock-up till monday morning to get through the process.
Much as I'd love for that to be the way it works for Trump, that's not how it goes. The most he can be held without bond or a bond hearing is 48 hours. Given the publicity, he'll have a bond already set or they'll have a special session. No one wants Trump sitting in their jail facility. That's just more liability than anyone would want.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Donald Trump - they didn't even give me Diet Coke. Would not stay at this Hilton again."

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
He'd have to be in Protective Custody, PC. That means isolated and by himself. Given his temper and his habit of saying stupid shit, chances are he'd threaten something stupid and end up in a pickle suit.
There's no way he'd eat the food from any jail or correctional facility, so he'd probably make some stupid claim like he would go on a hunger strike or some nonsense till he got his McDonalds and diet coke. Which, normally, wouldn't happen. Again, pickle suit for self harming behaviors.
There would, without question, be protestors and supporters outside the jail. That means round the clock armed security and putting the whole facility into lockdown for the duration. They'd probably have to halt all other incoming inmates and bookings, farm them out to other area agencies.

The cost associated with booking and holding Donald Trump, even if for a day, are astronomical. The logistics and strain on employees would also be incredible. Him being locked up, just from a work perspective, is a nightmare scenario.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
No one seems to have a clue where Trump got the idea he was specifically being arrested on Tuesday, so I will not be surprised if it doesn't happen.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
No one seems to have a clue where Trump got the idea he was specifically being arrested on Tuesday, so I will not be surprised if it doesn't happen.
He panicked because his miserable ass lawyers were telling it's inevitable. Hell, even fox is admitting he's going to be indicted.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Faux has been gradually turning away from him for a while now, since his constant repeat of the same "big lie" shtick isn't getting the ratings anymore.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Donald Trump arrested and actually held to account for all of his criminal acts. But I cannot imagine that he will ever be placed in custody, even for an hour, without a massive plan in place and a ton of people aware and assisting.

This is not something that will happen by surprise. Well, Donny might be surprised, but I give him credit for all the situational awareness of a cow in a slaughterhouse. But his people will know. Will they tell him? Honestly, I wouldn't. He's a dumbass. He'd run. And stop paying his people. (not like he pays them now, but you know what I mean)

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
A weekend in rikers would be a good primer for him. Never too late for "scared straight".
I'm not sure he can be any more miserable than he already is every waking minute of his life. I'm starting to suspect he made a literal deal with the Devil at some point that guarantees he'll never face any real consequences for his actions but, in return, is cursed to be a paranoid wreck for the rest of his life no matter how good he's got it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The only source I can find saying that he'd be arrested was Trump himself, and I wouldn't trust him to tell me that fire is hot. Other sources pointed to an indictment, but I haven't seen any evidence of that happening either.

So, I guess we're back to waiting for age to kill him off instead of any actual comeuppance. I'd be sad about it if I wasn't numb to the US legal system being bullshit.

Top Bottom