The Mandalorian - streaming on Disney+

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Great episode. Although the end bit makes me groan a little. I swear if we get several episodes of "it was all a stupid misunderstanding" over this Its gonna be a bit of a drag. Thats on the list of my most hated tropes.

Dake

Citizen
Have to pretty strongly disagree. Even if it has no bearing whatsoever on the rest of the season, it was a pretty great aside - there was some really fascinating world-building there. And I'm confident this will connect back somehow.
Hmm...

So the Pershing episode was as much about reintroducing Kane's character as it was tying a bow onto Pershing's while planting the bureaucratic seeds for the downfall of the New Republic. Almost like they planned to connect it back all along. ;)

Great episode. Although the end bit makes me groan a little. I swear if we get several episodes of "it was all a stupid misunderstanding" over this Its gonna be a bit of a drag. Thats on the list of my most hated tropes.

Well

We know that Bo-Katan's group abandoned her once she failed to secure the Darksaber. Perhaps they got wind of Gideon's transfer and opted to rescue him in the hopes of getting the remnant Empire to help their cause? Seems pretty short-sighted, but it would explain it without falling back on that particular trope. Ultimately, I wonder if they're setting up another Mandalorian Civil War.

Axaday

Citizen
Or the Imperial who has dozens of TIEs patrolling Mandalore wanted Gideon's help and framed Mandalorians for the rescue.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Or the Imperial who has dozens of TIEs patrolling Mandalore wanted Gideon's help and framed Mandalorians for the rescue.
I mean yeah that was my first thought. Like people can just /have/ the metal. We've seen that the remnants still have plenty of it. Also it was found imbedded in a blast mark like it was either planted or part of the tip of a projectile. While Beskar weapons do exist that would be a really odd use of one for a mandalorian.

I mostly just know that in a typical show it would go "oh its this thing associated with this group. It must be them end of dicussion lets get em" And then suddenly the republic is after the children of the watch... despite the fact that it was one of them that handed over Gideon and despite the fact that if your looking for a Mandalorian that had ties to the empire the most logical person to suspect would be Boba Fett." I'm hoping this show is smarter than that but we will see how it goes.

Dake

Citizen
I mean yeah that was my first thought. Like people can just /have/ the metal. We've seen that the remnants still have plenty of it. Also it was found imbedded in a blast mark like it was either planted or part of the tip of a projectile. While Beskar weapons do exist that would be a really odd use of one for a mandalorian.

I mostly just know that in a typical show it would go "oh its this thing associated with this group. It must be them end of dicussion lets get em" And then suddenly the republic is after the children of the watch... despite the fact that it was one of them that handed over Gideon and despite the fact that if your looking for a Mandalorian that had ties to the empire the most logical person to suspect would be Boba Fett." I'm hoping this show is smarter than that but we will see how it goes.

As to the second point,
they are setting up the New Republic to be fairly incompetent. But I'm with you, hopefully they don't go quite that simple

For the first - we haven't seen Mando's Beskar spear have we? Did it ever get off the ship after the fight with Gideon?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
And people were decrying the Coruscant side trip a couple of episodes ago as being "pointless". O ye of little faith! That definitely puts a new spin on Kane's roll in the series at this stage (especially where we run across her this time).

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
As to the second point,
they are setting up the New Republic to be fairly incompetent. But I'm with you, hopefully they don't go quite that simple

For the first - we haven't seen Mando's Beskar spear have we? Did it ever get off the ship after the fight with Gideon?
The spear was melted down and forged into Grogu's chain mail armor in the Book of Boba Fett. The Armorer said beskar shouldn't be used as a weapon that could pierce a Mandalorian's armor. Din offered it up.

Axaday

Citizen
The spear was melted down and forged into Grogu's chain mail armor in the Book of Boba Fett. The Armorer said beskar shouldn't be used as a weapon that could pierce a Mandalorian's armor. Din offered it up.
Besides, he had a better pointing thing.

Dvandom

Citizen
Imperials are big on framing others for their atrocities. And unlike Sandpeople,
Mandalorians
can be expected to have precise blast points.

---Dave

Axaday

Citizen
Could be a double frame. Thrawn may not even want Gideon. But it would be a totally Thrawn thing to do (I think?) to frame Mandalorians for freeing Gideon, kill Gideon, and then make everyone think Gideon is the one doing what HE is doing.

And unlike Picard, I think the writers here are capable of coming up with any idea I come up with.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And of course the BIG spoiler

It really IS Zeb! 😲
I freaking loved that! I was spoiled by a headline that was talking about a the return of a Rebels character, but I was thinking it would be Sabine Wren as the armorer, but Zeb was awesome! I hope we get to see more of him later on!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I freaking loved this episode!

The continued incompetency of the New Republic, which Tommy Davidson does a great job in that role, and their even listening to an Ex-Imp o the matters of saving lives is just absurd.

Loved seeing Zeb is still with the Rebels!

I loved Vizla's speech on why they should help Navaro. Freaking perfect! No notes!

The Mando assault on Navaro was great! Seeing Bo Katan plan it out and drop the teams off to clear the city was great! Loved seeing the armorer kick butt again. Although I was hoping that they would take the pirate ship for their own, because that would be a cool ship for them, but them having a home now is good too. I am curious about what is going to happen with Bo Katan now. I guess she will go off and find some of her former followers and whomever else she can.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I freaking loved this episode!

The continued incompetency of the New Republic, which Tommy Davidson does a great job in that role, and their even listening to an Ex-Imp o the matters of saving lives is just absurd.

Loved seeing Zeb is still with the Rebels!

I loved Vizla's speech on why they should help Navaro. Freaking perfect! No notes!

The Mando assault on Navaro was great! Seeing Bo Katan plan it out and drop the teams off to clear the city was great! Loved seeing the armorer kick butt again. Although I was hoping that they would take the pirate ship for their own, because that would be a cool ship for them, but them having a home now is good too. I am curious about what is going to happen with Bo Katan now. I guess she will go off and find some of her former followers and whomever else she can.
I mentioned previously I think we are going to see Din get Cowboy Bebop style ship, that can house the N1, and function as a mobile base/home. The pirate ship had a pretty spectacular explosion, but I'm still thinking we may see it salvaged and serve that purpose.

The Beskar in the shuttle. I'm wondering if Empire is on Mandolor refining Beskar to make Beskar Dark Troopers.

Top Bottom