The Mandalorian - streaming on Disney+

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the third ep.

What in heaven's name was that? Revenge from the book of fett?

Also I imagine fanfics coming from the ending scene, haha

Dake

Citizen
Excellent episode!

I'm guessing Eliah Kane is still working with the Remnant Empire - and her mission was to make sure Pershing did not give the New Republic any advantages under the guise of "testing" new admittants into the Amnesty program. I wonder if this is the writers attempting to explain how the New Republic had no idea about the Emperor's incipient return.

I like the way they are showing Bo Katan's crisis of faith - or possible return to it - and that despite her history the covert is true to its word and welcoming her back (with the exception of Vizsla of course). I wonder if some of his animosity is him not being fully aware of what Pre Vizsla did. Paz knew to call Bo Katan a Night Owl, so he knows she lead the splinter faction, but does he know that Pre sided with Maul which is what lead to Bo breaking away? Anyway, cool stuff to explore there.

TIE Interceptor prices are going up on Ebay (though it's always been an expensive ship to get considering how few times it's been released). :D

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
hmm. Feels like a "we didn't have enough content for an entire Mando season" kind of episode. Like I don't totally object to seeing a little slice of life from other parts of the galaxy and other characters but god damn that was overly long and too much of the episode.

Dake

Citizen
Have to pretty strongly disagree. Even if it has no bearing whatsoever on the rest of the season, it was a pretty great aside - there was some really fascinating world-building there. And I'm confident this will connect back somehow.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So yeah, I liked everything with Mando in it, but sort of just sat there waiting through the Dr's portion of the episode. Like the whole thing was just painful to watch. It would have been better if they revealed that the Dr was the one still working for the empire and shot her on the star destroyer. Then we get the greatest bunch of idiots that left her alone with him in a mind flayer. WTF? That was just such bad writing. The only thing great about it was seeing more of Courscant, and seeing that the rich folks are still there doing just fine with whomever is in charge. The Opera house seems to have made it unscathed through the imperial era.

Back to the good part of the episode. Din did just fall. That is one heck of a drop off! I noticed that Bo left her gear on afterwards, maybe because of the Mythasuar, but when questioning Din about it, she doesn't admit to seeing it. The TIE Interceptor battle was neat! I loved seeing them flying through the cliffs and it was a great dogfight scene. The TIE Bombers and the two full flights (24) of interceptors coming out of nowhere was abrupt! I wished that they showed a Star Destroyer or two in orbit, or something fierce like an SSD.

I loved that the other Mandalorians accepted her, and I hope that they help her retake and rebuild Mandalore. However, she is going to have to walk the way to do that, and that would be sad for all of us BSG/Katie Sackhoff fans. Also, I really want her and DIn to end up together and return Mandalore to its former glory.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Have to pretty strongly disagree. Even if it has no bearing whatsoever on the rest of the season, it was a pretty great aside - there was some really fascinating world-building there. And I'm confident this will connect back somehow.
oh im sure it will connect back somehow. I just feel like it could have been half as long and done just as much

Axaday

Citizen
I'm not really looking forward to an episode about Persing or reminding my wife who he is and why he matters.

Axaday

Citizen
Do I understand correctly that if someone in Mando's cult marries someone else in the cult, they can't take off their helmet even in front of their spouse?

Axaday

Citizen
It is a weird rule, like is it meant to keep them ready for battle at all times?
Yeah, I don't know. At first it seemed to be presented that he was in a wacko cult, but now there is some sway to say this was the orthodox way before everyone else started cutting corners.

Edit - I just found on another site (and it might just be their speculation) that you keep your helmet on because if you are Mandalorian, the T-helmet IS your face. What you look like behind the mask isn't really you.

Last edited:

Dvandom

Citizen
In S1, it was that you couldn't take your helmet off in front of outsiders. That's perfectly sensible, and allows for things like personal hygiene. Now they seem to be making it out that the helmet never ever comes off, which is frankly pretty stupid since that kid in S3E1 is gonna outgrow his helmet at some point.

---Dave

Axaday

Citizen
They didn't say it could never come off. They just said you couldn't show anyone your face.

Axaday

Citizen
I finally got to see the episode and I liked the Coruscant stuff. Especially that mountain peak.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, people are really in their feels about the side story but I thought it was fantastic and made sense for universe building. I trust Favreau and Filoni to bring it all together.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
They didn't say it could never come off. They just said you couldn't show anyone your face.
Yup, Mayfield even calls this out in an episode. Something along the lines of "wait, so which is it, you can't take your helmet off, or no one can see your face?"

Top Bottom