Star Trek: Picard

Glitch

Citizen
After First Contact? I'd say First Contact is the franchise original sin in the destruction of characters: Trois accent, Picard stealing Geordies friendships, Worf becoming comic relief, the Borg softening, it's a good fun movie but it all started there.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
After First Contact? I'd say First Contact is the franchise original sin in the destruction of characters: Trois accent, Picard stealing Geordies friendships, Worf becoming comic relief, the Borg softening, it's a good fun movie but it all started there.
Troi's cockney accent showed itself a few times in TNG, if I remember rightly.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
The TNG films in general largely ditched the more ensemble nature of the series to.give us the Picard-and-Data show. Ironically, TOS did the reverse -- while the TV series largely focused on Kirk balancing Spock and McCoy's worldviews (with the occasional Scott-focused episode thrown in), the movies did a lot to build up the supporting cast.

Glitch

Citizen
Wil anyone be surprised if Beverly's son turns out to be Picard's son? or that he was born during her time at 'Starfleet medical' (TNG season 2) and left behind on Earth while she went to the Enterprise D given the actor's age?

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Wouldn't surprise me. It would fit into the Star Trek II/III vibes we've had so far.

Hopefully some Klingons don't come along and put a knife into him...

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Wouldn't surprise me. It would fit into the Star Trek II/III vibes we've had so far.

Hopefully some Klingons don't come along and put a knife into him...
How are UFP - Talarian Republic relations at this point in time?

If it was the grown-up kid from the episode that said republic featured in doing the stabbing, that'd be a callback we wouldn't expect.

Axaday

Citizen
Wil anyone be surprised if Beverly's son turns out to be Picard's son? or that he was born during her time at 'Starfleet medical' (TNG season 2) and left behind on Earth while she went to the Enterprise D given the actor's age?

The setup is really clear if he is. No one should be surprised by that. If he turns out NOT to be Picard's son, that will surprise people.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Two more days until we get to find out! Weird that he is named Jack if he is Picard's son.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
For those unable to access the official distribution method...

You will have to find the episodes yourself, as direct links to actual content would not be in anyone's best interests. I believe the first episode of season 3 might be available at time of writing?

Also, for anyone that's interested, here's the intro/outro (which didn't play as an outro in the first ep), which is a homage to the TNG show:

-

Also, the beginning of season 3, episode 1 homages a little known videogame, including a panoramic shot of close-ups of "abandoned" objects...

Here's the beginning of S03, ep01:

-

And here's the intro to Fallout 3:

-

One theory, relating to the "trust no one" line in the trailer, is...
that the seemingly abandoned "mind control bugs" (which supposedly were then "assimilated" or replaced by the Borg idea instead) might be back?

-

Here's another theory about Jack Crusher:

-

Also, I haven't fully checked all of the video links above, so there might be some NSFW language in the commentary. Please access at your own discretion.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
I saw Series II on DVD and actually liked it. I plan to see the final run after Strange New Worlds and Discovery add their new episodes and watch all 3 shows. By then I can use my I Pad. Also will see Lower Decks and Prodigy soon once I catch up. I watched all 3 shows on DVD so as not to fall behind. (Discovery , Picard and Strange New Worlds)

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I saw Series II on DVD and actually liked it. I plan to see the final run after Strange New Worlds and Discovery add their new episodes and watch all 3 shows. By then I can use my I Pad. Also will see Lower Decks and Prodigy soon once I catch up. I watched all 3 shows on DVD so as not to fall behind. (Discovery , Picard and Strange New Worlds)
Was it actually DVD or Blu-ray?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You know what I think? I think Lore is a Starfleet officer. He's an irritating coworker of Geordi's.
I really hope that it is revealed that he is the guy pretending to be the Dr son on the android planet in the first season. It would make his speech about the androids being "better than us" have more effect. Like Geordi goes down there and in two seconds flat just knows its Lore.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
You know what I think? I think Lore is a Starfleet officer. He's an irritating coworker of Geordi's.
I'd love that! I could imagine stuff like this happening daily:

Geordi: GODDAMMIT, Lore!! The Enterprise-A is on fire again!
Lore:
1677091352740.png

Thefakelink

Citizen
Episode 2 spoilers:

the bounty hunters ship kinda reminded me of Shinzon’s with the long curved blade-like structures. I wonder if that was intentional. The Raffi storyline was the weakest part so far. I’m sure they’ll connect it to the A plot at some point but it just seemed empty. However, I smiled greatly when Worf showed up. Picard saying that Jack is his son may be a misdirection. I really hope it is because the alternative is just cliched to death. Also, for all the shenanigans that Seven Picard and Riker pulled, I’m surprised that Shaw had a change of heart at all. Granted, he may not have had a choice at that point, but it was his ship (and shuttle) that they essentially hijacked. It’s just so contrived that no matter what they do, the heroes are in the right because they’re legacy characters. If the situation had been reversed and Picards ship got hijacked ( I know that’s happened , but specific examples escape me at the moment) you know that he and his crew would be climbing walls to get control back.

Top Bottom