Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I'd totally be good with a SS86 Megatron that turned into a cannon/Howitzer. It would also fit with the upgrade that Galvatron got to be a space cannon of sorts. Though a G1 Megs with tires on him might seem a tad odd.

Is there any precedent for Studio Series taking an existing mold from another line and just putting into it's own? I suppose Sunstreaker could be a first, but I would hope for a bit of a re-do.
Closest thing I can think of right now is that the SS86 Arcee was a modified T30 Arcee.

MrBlud

Citizen
This fan idea is the best way to handle a G1 Megatron reimagining IMO.
035D0429-7A20-4018-AAE0-1A142D370712.jpeg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I doubt that would fly. Even as a sci-fi gun, being a black/grey gun-shaped object is probably out.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I'll give that points for creativity (a lot of points, really), but I can't imagine a voyager class figure being able to wield another voyager class figure successfully.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The listing's also said that it's a Leader class Megatron

Wonder if it would be a Complicated Voyager with accessories that, if not replicate (because he's not a gun), suggest/call back to the G1 stock/silencer bits.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
One way around the G1 Megatron gun problem, is to have the figure look like Megatron, changing into a tank of some kind, call it a Cybertron tank if need be, but package him with an accessory that looks like his G1 Alt mode, two birds, one stone, so to speak, sure he won't Transform into his classic gun mode but then, would he actually need to, considering when he transformed in the movie, it was only for Starscream to wield and gun down the Shuttle's bridge crew!

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
A SS86 Megatron would be a new mold, but still a tank.

Hasbro already said in one of their recent videos that Gun Megatron isn't happening.
I don't think anyone is reasonably expecting a gun. But gun and tank aren't the only two options. Spaceship that's kind of like a gun (like Siege Shockwave) or cannon (like Kingdom Galvatron, but maybe more realistic, like TheSupernova's Howitzer idea) are far superior options. After all, if they aren't going to improve on Siege/Earthrise and deliver the relative accuracy SS is typically known for, why bother?

But then at Leader Class, maybe they'd find a way to hide the tank parts well. Who knows?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I, personally, liked the Stealth bomber Megatron and the TR Megatron-from-Blitzwing jet mode. Since a Megatron gun mode is not an option, I feel like a jet mode (but distinct from the Seekers) is kind of a logical alternate take. After all, even Orion Pax made such a big deal about how Megatron could fly...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I, personally, liked the Stealth bomber Megatron and the TR Megatron-from-Blitzwing jet mode. Since a Megatron gun mode is not an option, I feel like a jet mode (but distinct from the Seekers) is kind of a logical alternate take. After all, even Orion Pax made such a big deal about how Megatron could fly...
I'm a big fan of Animated's helicopter Megatron design and was happy to see it come back around for Earthspark. It gets you a flying vehicle for Megatron to compliment the seekers while being very much his own unique thing, and can be designed to more or less be a giant flying gun.

But, that's more for new versions of Megatron. For a theoretical SS86 Megs, I'm still pulling for an artillery canon. Something like this just from the robot:
m114-155-mm-howitzer-E7APBY.jpg

Then the "silencer" and "stock" attachments turn it into more of this:
kh_179.jpg

Last edited:

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I'm not interested in a Megatron who turns into a gun in this day and age.

I'm also not interested in a SS86 Megatron who, by turning into anything else, isn't actually accurate to the cartoon.

Just put him in another line.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
Could we get a Galvatron a Cyclouns and a Rodimus Prime added on in this line at some point and if we do what class's would they likely be?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm going to laugh when it's just Siege again.
I won't. We never got a "normal" version of that mold. We only got cell-shaded and then various versions with cr@pple-damage all over them.

If they don't, then it's no problem for me, as I got the slightly OSKO version of it and it rocks.

Top Bottom