Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I wonder if that Megs, Rumble and Sunstreaker are actually WFC and not movie figures.
Maybe. I'd like to see that for Megatron and Rumble. But I played both the High Moon games and Sunstreaker wasn't in either from what I recall.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe. I'd like to see that for Megatron and Rumble. But I played both the High Moon games and Sunstreaker wasn't in either from what I recall.

Or it could be that they're SS86 instead. I'd be pretty excited about that, as I initially skipped the Earthrise one. I'd be happy to get another shot at him.

Glitch

Citizen
Sunstreaker was seen three times in the film, fixing up a road barrier, Prime's co pilot on the shuttle and standing around playing dead as Optimus rode into battle alone, if they're doing Snarl they're doing him, and if they're doing him they'll do Prowl.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
We already have ER Prowl, I doubt we get a SS85 movie figure. That Sunstreaker figure missed the mark IMO and I would welcome a SS86 that matches the movie / G1 mold a lot better. And hopefully not be 2 or 3 different shades of yellow.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
We already have ER Prowl, I doubt we get a SS85 movie figure. That Sunstreaker figure missed the mark IMO and I would welcome a SS86 that matches the movie / G1 mold a lot better. And hopefully not be 2 or 3 different shades of yellow.
Before I'd have agreed with the Prowl comment. But it's a different time now. Earthrise Prowl had Bluestreak's head and came in a hard to obtain (for some) set with Ironhide. And they re-did Ironhide. And Ultra Magnus is getting a Studio Series even though he just had a figure in Kingdom. The recent Beachcomber and Brawn were good enough to plenty of fans, but they're happening again anyway. At this point we probably should assume that if HasTak are unsatisfied in the slightest with something they put out and the character is reasonably popular, they might do the character again.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Reports are coming in from the leakers that some of these "MV6" labeled listings are actually mislabeled SS86 figures. Namely Sunstreaker and Megatron.

Shockwave could possibly be one too, or simply Bumblebee movie Shockwave.

Rumble is uncertain, since there was already a Core class SS86 Rumble (blue), but he didn't appeared in the Bumblebee movie.

Same for Starscream since there already exists a Core class G1 Starscream. Unless this is a new Core class Bumblebee movie Seeker mold.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Reports are coming in from the leakers that some of these "MV6" labeled listings are actually mislabeled SS86 figures. Namely Sunstreaker and Megatron.

Shockwave could possibly be one too, or simply Bumblebee movie Shockwave.

Rumble is uncertain, since there was already a Core class SS86 Rumble (blue), but he didn't appeared in the Bumblebee movie.

Same for Starscream since there already exists a Core class G1 Starscream. Unless this is a new Core class Bumblebee movie Seeker mold.

Very curious as to what a SS86 Megatron would be like. It would be extremely unusual or them to change his alt mode, as screen accuracy is the entire point of the SS line, but I can't imagine he would be a gun, either.

For Rumble, it will be SS86 Rumble (Red). They've decided to remain neutral in the great RIB/FIR wars and from now on will be releasing ONLY Rumbles, but in both color schemes.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
The possibility of finally getting a transforming to-scale cartoon accurate Megatron (outside of Masterpiece) is exciting to me. I hope they have him turn into a cannon or something like Galvatron. Don't put tank treads all over him to mess up his robot accuracy. Save the tank treads for when G2 Megatron happens. :3

Glitch

Citizen
Weaponizer Megatron could be one way to get around their no gun rule as in he is officially a tank bot but can be his G1 self, plus he comes with a small familiar gun.....

SeeveeRay

Citizen
Weaponizer Megatron could be one way to get around their no gun rule as in he is officially a tank bot but can be his G1 self, plus he comes with a small familiar gun.....
If he ends up with a choice of big treads on his robot mode or leaving parts off in only one mode but not the other, then it isn't what I want. My long wait would continue. :(

We already have so many G1 Megatrons who are tanks. And they never hide their treads well. HasTak have to be considering that or already did. I'm seriously thinking spaceship or cannon here if it's an 86 Megatron. Yes, the vehicle mode might end up looking like Siege Shockwave's. Which wouldn't be a perfect ideal, but could be reasonably modded into a gun if that bothers people.

Weaponizers for Studio Series would be new to the line regardless. But they have experimented with pull-aparts in the line, such as with Kup. So I wouldn't rule anything out.

Last edited:

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I'd totally be good with a SS86 Megatron that turned into a cannon/Howitzer. It would also fit with the upgrade that Galvatron got to be a space cannon of sorts. Though a G1 Megs with tires on him might seem a tad odd.

Is there any precedent for Studio Series taking an existing mold from another line and just putting into it's own? I suppose Sunstreaker could be a first, but I would hope for a bit of a re-do.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
A SS86 Megatron would be a new mold, but still a tank.

Hasbro already said in one of their recent videos that Gun Megatron isn't happening.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Oh, I guess we all imagined SS86 Ironhide then, since they already did ER Ironhide.

Personally, if SS86 gets a a regular retail earth mode Prowl and another shot a Sunstreaker, I'm all for it.
And I you read everything I said, I said I forgot Prowl came in that hard to find set. I also did t realize he came with the Bluestreak head and now the Prowl head (whatever difference that is). I also said that Ironhide was terrible so I understood why he was redone.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Before I'd have agreed with the Prowl comment. But it's a different time now. Earthrise Prowl had Bluestreak's head and came in a hard to obtain (for some) set with Ironhide. And they re-did Ironhide. And Ultra Magnus is getting a Studio Series even though he just had a figure in Kingdom. The recent Beachcomber and Brawn were good enough to plenty of fans, but they're happening again anyway. At this point we probably should assume that if HasTak are unsatisfied in the slightest with something they put out and the character is reasonably popular, they might do the character again.
That's why I hope the re-release Springer in SS86 without cr@pple-damage paint and release better versions of the Blitzing, Astrotrain and Shockwave too.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A SS86 Megatron would be a new mold, but still a tank.

Hasbro already said in one of their recent videos that Gun Megatron isn't happening.

I would welcome something different than a tank, like the canon/ tow-behind Howitzer that TheSupernova mentioned, just as a change of pace. I would think you could make a decent one out of Megatron's robot bits.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If Megatron has to be a tank, I'd like to see them give the Quake / Titanium Megatron transformation scheme another try. It keeps the treads as unobtrusive as possible.

Top Bottom