He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Skeletor is nice. I can't deal with the face on He-man. Either of them. And it's kinda bringing the Skeletor down with it.

-ZacWilliam, still I love the concept of more figures from that movie whenever they happen.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Skeletor is nice. I can't deal with the face on He-man. Either of them. And it's kinda bringing the Skeletor down with it.

-ZacWilliam, still I love the concept of more figures from that movie whenever they happen.
He-Man does look a tad derpy...

If only there was a way to, say, make an official Dolf Lundren head (that, heaven forbid, definitely was NOT He-Man) which just, by pure coincidence, fitted the figure above...

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
My first thought was that the head looked off. But then I figured "what the heck? Toy sculpts based on real people usually look a bit off." But yeah, this really looks off. I'm guessing there's a rights issue of using Dolf's likeness?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Excuse the Christmas tree. I've been sick and we're taking it down tomorrow.
20230107_211622.jpg

Dake

Citizen
My first thought was that the head looked off. But then I figured "what the heck? Toy sculpts based on real people usually look a bit off." But yeah, this really looks off. I'm guessing there's a rights issue of using Dolf's likeness?

Likeness issues are so weird. I guess it is up to the actor for the specific property? For example Carl Weathers allowed NECA to make an Apollo Creed figure, but wouldn't allow them to make a Dillon figure for their Predator line (and obviously Hasbro has used his likeness for his Star Wars figure).

Likewise, NECA did a figure of Drago from Rocky, but I guess Dolph is not too proud of his stint as He-man.

That being said, this face is really terrible. Just because they couldn't make it look like Lundgren doesn't mean it needs to look like Ron Pearlman's illegitimate kid.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Has anyone bought this for their MOTU collection? At one point, it was going for around $25.

MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull (2021) (43) SDTB (1024x795).jpg

Also, I randomly found what looks to be a Día de los Muertos-styled Castle Grayskull.

29619c65aa647e6b54d66db7439cdc8f.jpg

Finally, I wanted to share from another thread how some (unknown to me) character decided to cosplay as most of the main cast of the live action MOTU film and also Castle Grayskull...

Masters of All the Things.jpg

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Just a curiosity I’ve seen, I’m wondering if others are as well:
I’ve been to three Walmarts and a Target. ALL have clearanced out the Netflix kids line (one Walmart had PILES of the Talon Fighter). This is a bit surprising to me since Mattel is just launching a Castle Greyskull play set and the toy line got a “Savage Eternia” refresh.
Is the line done, or is Mattel just “soft rebooting” the line with Savage Eternia?

Caldwin

Citizen
I don't usually go to Walmart unless I have to. I didn't really think about it until you said it, but yeah, at Target, Origins and Masterverse are still going strong, but aside from a slight abundance of Battlecats, I don't really see much of the CG Netflix.

Huh!

Caldwin

Citizen
I think I may have told this story before, but I'll tell it again just in case. Two Bad was one of my favorite toys when I was a kid. I have a memory, more of a picture, of going with my father while he went golfing. I was hot, bored and just passing time in the heat sitting on the golf-cart playing with my new Two Bad toy. So...I found this today.

IMG_2329.JPG

I actually saw it last time I was at Target, but I didn't have the money at the time. I probably don't have enough money now since this is my bills paycheck. But I had to take the opportunity.

IMG_2331.JPG

I like all of the accessories. The cudgels suit him. He comes with fists which would be more in line with the original figure. But I think I'm going to want to display him with all of the weapons.

IMG_2333.JPG

The one I had as a kid is long gone. The one pictured here was one I bought used...ebay I think. But the skin textures, chest-plate designs, belt design...this Masterverse one it very nice. I also like how there's one boot and one monster foot.

I absolutely could not get that cudgel to get into that silver hand. I had to finesse the gun in. Maybe it's just mine, but the grip on that silver hand is just very tight. Also, I couldn't get the belt to fasten. You know how there's a couple ridges in back that's supposed to catch on the other side? I couldn't get it that tight. So it's just kinda there. So there are a couple places where the tolerances are just a bit off.

But over all, I like it. It's a beautiful sculpt of one of my all time favorites.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Despite the Spector of cancellation rumored for MotUs fate with Mattel there sure does seem like there is still a lot coming. Artwork has leaked for two unconfirmed Origins figures!

200X King Randor
5812A713-9A97-497A-B320-76C3F7601D9E.jpeg

and Duplico from the Sun-Man line
6EF7F15F-B9A7-45E2-A5CD-8E9E34D2EF22.jpeg
don’t care for the second one much, but the first might have me ditch a figure I recently bought so soon.

Caldwin

Citizen
But can they punch each other in the face?
*tries*

Ugh! These joints are freaking tight! So, vintage is still better in some ways. Thunderpunch He-Man was allowed to use ring caps and Two Bad could punch himself in the face.

Top Bottom