Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Apparently, both Skullgrin and Bomb-Burst were 11th hour additions to the line, replacing the Deluxe and Core class Energon Monsters that were originally going to be the gimmick figures of the Legacy line before they were cut and replaced by these two Pretenders.

Explains a lot, I guess somebody got cold feet over the Energon Monster, I wonder if we'll ever see the concept art for them?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I forgot the Energon Monsters were even supposed to be a thing tbh.

Same here, thou I wonder why exactly they abandoned their plans for the line gimmick, I mean these weapons they were doing with the first wave all meant to connect in different forms I believe thou something clearly changed during the process

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I had wondered when the name was announced if we'd see core-class figures of the old Pretenders and Energon Monsters would be some deluxe-ish scale shells, to split the costs up. As it is, that obviously didn't happen, so my only two Pretenders I have are the Optimus and Megatron ones from the TFSS.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Best guess as to what the Energon Monsters were gonna be? Weaponizer/Fossilizer-style figures with monster altmodes, able to break apart into modular Energon Weapons, to go along with the Energon Weapon gimmick that the rest of the line uses.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Best guess as to what the Energon Monsters were gonna be? Weaponizer/Fossilizer-style figures with monster altmodes, able to break apart into modular Energon Weapons, to go along with the Energon Weapon gimmick that the rest of the line uses.

I bet they would have also been made entirely of transluscent plastic to match with the energon-infused weapons thing too.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's why the concept got scrapped.

I know that the designers have made comments that make it clear that Hasbro got wind that fans are nervous about buying figures with too much translucent plastic, especially at hinges, so I wonder if someone up the chain decided that the Energon Monsters wouldn't sell well and pulled the plug?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Aren't there some single sentence online bios written for Legacy at Hasbro's website?

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe the real Energon Monsters were the Weaponizers/Fossilizers we made along the way.

Anyway, I honestly wouldn't mind a new toy-based book. Maybe not quite to SUCH a degree as Marvel G1 had to rotate things, but enough to kind of give us a feel for things and see our new toys in print, you know?

Dake

Citizen
I'm sure laws need to change, but it would be interesting if they could start getting away with a QR code on packaging that linked to a website with bios. One little QR code instead of the massive wall of fine print.

Top Bottom