Transformers Legacy toyline

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Prowl seems to be doing the G1-ified thing better than the Prime guys. Or maybe RotF Lockdown and Lugnut made me more accepting of this. Or maybe Bulkhead and Knock Out were so bad that I just don't care anymore.

The Junkion looks neat. Love how unified this batch of -izers is, not just in theme but also in colors. As much as I adore the Fossilizers the color differences made any combinations a bit garish.
Pretty sure every single mainline -izer has gone on steep clearance, so I'll probably wait on the Junkions for a bit.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Virtually all of the core cast from the first film would be departures from their usual decos and, sometimes, altmodes; and then there are the new characters. Barricade has seen some use as a redeco, but it would be cool to see a dedicated reimagining of the bad cop in a Legacy style. Likewise, while I hate the characterization of Skids and Mudflap in RotF, I would love to see a Legacy take on their original Ice Cream truck combined form.

There's a lot of unique ideas in the movieverse, but much like Animated, they don't often visually gel with most of the rest of my collection. It would be cool to have "movie" characters that did.

I would be happy for a green repaint of a recent "G1" Ratchet mold, plus orange and green repaints of some of the "G1" Skids molds into these:

Encoreratchetemergencygreen.jpg

It could even be repurposed as this character:

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Oil_Slick_(G1)

Ironhide has already been released:

-
G1toy_protect_black_ironhide.jpg

As this:

-
Selects_DK-2_Guard.jpg

G1-toy_ScreechGenerations.jpg

G1toy_quantum_operative_skids.jpg

Plus one of the Bayverse Megatrons "crossed over" too:

-
BotCon2015-Megatron.jpg

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I'm a bit behind so, Skyquake looks fantastic, I'm not sure how I want the mold (G1 Skyquake or MW Starscream preferably) but I want that.

I'm very excited to see Animated Prowl, he looks much better then Bulkhead and Knockout, shame he doesn't have the samurai armor but I expected that too. And I just recently learned that this can be used as Marvel universe Prowl thanks to Funpub.

The new Junkion looks very good, that's a deluxe right? Wait, has Legacy now giving us three distinctly different deluxe size motorcycle Transformer molds?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I would be happy for a green repaint of a recent "G1" Ratchet mold, plus orange and green repaints of some of the "G1" Skids molds into these:

-

As this:

-
Selects_DK-2_Guard.jpg

While I certainly wouldn't turn down redecos that homage the movies (particularly in Core class), if Legacy were to feature a movieverse Ironhide, I would hope they would design a new pickup truck mold for him (and not just for the cow-spot RiD01 Ironhide redeco potential). Likewise, Ratchet's design is departure enough that I would like to see him get his own redesign. (Maybe redeco as Flatline?)
I would be cool with the Skids redecos, and a silver Jazz redeco would be welcome as well.

Lobjob

Citizen

-

As this:

-
Selects_DK-2_Guard.jpg

G1-toy_ScreechGenerations.jpg

G1toy_quantum_operative_skids.jpg

Plus one of the Bayverse Megatrons "crossed over" too:

-
BotCon2015-Megatron.jpg

Also, I would love an earth rise or even studio series repaint in to that green ratchet. I've only been going back and forth of hunter ratchet for years so this would be more affordable. Maybe.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Just catching up here, too. Prowl and Junkion both look cool to me, but I don't have much interest in Animated Prowl because I really didn't get into that series or toyline (except for the TRU Exclusive Arcee).

Junkion looks pretty good. His leg design seems like kind of a call back to the RtS Wreck Gar, who I still have but never transform.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Arcee from Animated was just G1 Arcee put through a Derrick Wyatt style filter.

A Legacy version of Animated Arcee would just be a G1-ified Animated Arcee, essentially just a de-Animated, fully G1 Arcee.

Animated Arcee turns the front of the car into the legs, cutting the backpack in half.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The Arcee from Animated was just G1 Arcee put through a Derrick Wyatt style filter.

A Legacy version of Animated Arcee would just be a G1-ified Animated Arcee, essentially just a de-Animated, fully G1 Arcee.

Yet the toy wasn't a shellformer, its only real weakness was the desgin of the hands, that seems to be a problem with Arcee that tries to look like the G1 cartoon desgin at times, the hands always suffer

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Today, I got in my last legacy figures for 2022, which are Skullgrin & BWTM2 Megatron, AKA Dragon Megatron, also had SS86 Ironhide, thou I not messed with him yet, with the two Legacy figures, I would say Skullgrin is the best contender for worse deluxe of 2022, but I wouldn't call him the worse figure thou, but he does feel like nobody was sure what the hell they were doing with him and he ended up a mismash of ideas! Megs, I like the Dragon mode, I haven't changed him back to robot mode, yet, thou I can see a possible repaint in the form of a crossover with Power Rangers, Serpenterra, just retool the robot mode face to look like Zedd

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Skullgrin is so weird. They started with good concept art and ended up very far from it. The new tank isn't an obvious pretool for anybody, so why bother?
Apparently, both Skullgrin and Bomb-Burst were 11th hour additions to the line, replacing the Deluxe and Core class Energon Monsters that were originally going to be the gimmick figures of the Legacy line before they were cut and replaced by these two Pretenders.

Top Bottom