Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Alright, so... I kinda get the whole taking it slowly thing. Given the office in question of the person in focus: you want an airtight case because you are literally setting precendent that will be the bedrock of similar decisions going forward.

This would have applied if it was literally any other person. Not trump.

But for trump they really should have done it literally ages ago, because he's OPENLY admitted to committing those crimes. A ******* no brainer.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Also, if they can just make this happen by passing a law, they didn't technically need to follow any judicial procedure that required all the evidence the committee spent the last two years gathering. They just needed a simple majority—i.e. all of the Democrats—to vote "yay" in both houses. Or even just most of the Democrats plus the Republicans that voted to impeach and convict Trump back in January.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Problem being with that is the republicans that voted to impeach trump will not vote for a law which restricts the powers of the presidency, or ensures consequences for their actions because those same republicans might be president some day and they want to get away with all the shit like trump did.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
There's also the issue of double jeopardy laws. If they tried to press charges and then the Republicans managed to win, they couldn't charge him again. And Trump spent most of his term (when he wasn't golfing, kissing up to foreign powers, or golfing while kissing up to foreign powers) stuffing the legal system with hand-picked sycophants.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
True, but that hasn't actually worked that well for him. Sure; judge cannon was a total rod polisher, but the rest of the republican judges he's passed in front of have ruled against him.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Sure, when enough evidence was piled on that they didn't have a choice to protect their own jobs. And the Dems are, as always, very very slow to move on anything.

I'm still betting on him keeling over from age long before any federal charges are actually pressed.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Well, speculation and money laundering are the only two things NFTs are good for, and the speculation ship already sailed. Does make me wonder how much of the initial wave involved money laundering schemes now, though.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I am actually in awe regarding how many different aspects of Trump's NFT thing are suspect in some way.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Neat, four charges. Welp, let's see if the DOJ actually does their ******* job and goes after the suspect.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
. . . . on the one hand, it's always funny when he reveals just how little he actually does know.
on the other, this man was President of the United States.

Remember when a guy was disqualified for misspelling 'potato'? I miss those days.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Kindergarteners everywhere are marveling at his clever wordplay in calling them "the Unselect Committee".

Top Bottom