The 2022 Midterms Thread

NovaSaber

Citizen
Sadly the effect we're going to see is when the 30% of the population that is just plain evil joins up with 25% that are just pissed off about inflation. Hate to say it but I think the real backlash to Roe falling vote is 2024. This year we're just facing too many negatives.
So why aren't the Democrats doing more to make it clear what an utter lie it is to blame inflation on them?
For example by pointing out that the US is experiencing less of it than many other countries?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Because the democrats have failed at messaging since they lost control of education. An idiotic population feeds on soundbytes, while an EDUCATED population understands that politics is ******* complex.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
So why aren't the Democrats doing more to make it clear what an utter lie it is to blame inflation on them?
For example by pointing out that the US is experiencing less of it than many other countries?

They can scream until their throats rupture, it won't help if nobody's listening.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Less than two weeks before the midterm elections, the window for transgender voters to verify their identities for voting is closing fast.

Roadblocks for trans people to acquire accurate identification abound, while ID requirements to vote are getting stricter in a growing number of states. The predictable result will be fewer trans people voting in 2022, just as their rights are coming under attack from anti-LGBTQ candidates.

Screenshot_20221029_044155.jpg

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One week to go. Eep. Not looking good, GOP surged on the generic ballot

The House is gone. Pray for a miracle in the Senate. Sigh.

NovaSaber

Citizen

Here in Pennsylvania, a candidate running for a State House seat called 911 after reportedly being assaulted at his Fayette County home.

Democrat Richard Ringer said he was bloodied and knocked unconscious by an attacker in his back yard early Monday morning.

Ringer is running for an open seat in the State House.

The 69-year old told authorities the suspect hit him in the head 10-to-12 times, knocking him out cold.

Ringer said his hands were bloodied and his faced bruised from the attack.

On Friday, the Department of Homeland Security, and the FBI, issued a bulletin warning that political candidates, election officials and the public are facing a heightened risk of violence.

RLPq9NNh.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Meanwhile in Florida, slightly more Republicans than Democrats have voted early in Miami-Dade!

Very slightly. But still.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The only good thing about tomorrow - when it's over, so are the goddamned political ads.

Other than that we're gonna get our asses kicked.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If only they'd at least save their messages for their own area. I'm in Rhode Island, why am I getting calls for Florida?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
On the subject of political ads, I wonder if any of the more moderate Republicans that managed to survive the primaries have been the subject of attack ads from the far right. Because we've talked about the possibility of them being that petty, but I have yet to see it firsthand.

Top Bottom