The 2022 Midterms Thread

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Thank you Donald Trump for gifting us Hershel Walker and a snowballs chance in hell of keeping a seat in Georgia.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Sadly, I'm not as confident as you are in the people of Georgia.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh I expect it to be close and for Stacey Abrams to sadly lose. Because sadly Brian Kemp is popular with the people of Georgia. Hard hill to climb. As for the Senate race I see Warnock winning by 1 to 2 points, at best. It's going to be an agonizing election night.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
No, it's going to be an agonizing election month because if it's close enough for the democrat to call for a recount, or (god forbid.) a democrat actually wins: the republicans will just do all their normal bullshit again.

Because it's only a legitimate win when it's a republican win.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
He's beloved by Trump. Did we really need further evidence that he's a terrible human being?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nope, but control of the US Senate may very well come down to split ballot voters - people who like Brian Kemp but can't stand someone as horrible as Hershel Walker. And we need their vote, even if Stacey Abrams fight is a lost cause at this point. Would LOVE to be wrong about that call.

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
The most bizarre thing about Herschel Walker's silly "honourary police badge" stunt during his debate is that there are only two possible reasons he had it on his person:

1: He planned to reveal it during the debate, meaning that this was actually something he put thought into.

2: He just carries it on him all the time, in case he needs to ... what? Make a citizen's arrest of Nancy Pelosi for stealing the 2020 election?

Either possibility is indicative of a diseased brain.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Boy, it's a good thing (for him) that the average GOP voter has the attention span of a fruit fly, or his constant shifting might actually get noticed.

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
Where the **** do Republicans get off making fun of Fetterman not speaking clearly enough? They support Herschel Walker! Herschel Walker sounds like someone took a Speak & Spell toy from 1979, fried its electronics by tasering it, and then asked it to respond to questions on Ukraine.

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
America has never had an election before where a third of the population is determined to sabotage the process and overthrow the state. The system was never really designed to handle treason on such a large scale. It will be a minor miracle if the traitors don't succeed.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Chuck Schumer was caught on a hot mic telling the President that things are looking bleak in Georgia.

Sad all around. I think we're looking at losing 20-30 seats in the House and the Senate, God, who the hell knows there. Nothing good. Please let me be wrong.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Idiots voting against their own best interest to 'own the libs'....

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sadly the effect we're going to see is when the 30% of the population that is just plain evil joins up with 25% that are just pissed off about inflation. Hate to say it but I think the real backlash to Roe falling vote is 2024. This year we're just facing too many negatives.

Top Bottom