HasLab Deathsaurus

Dake

Citizen
So what's the deal with this and Star Saber being on HasLab? I get it for something like Unicron or stuff that just won't work at retail because it's too big or whatever, but what are they doing with these that they have to go this route instead?

Yeah, I don't see why this exactly had to be a Haslab release but it looks good. The twig arms in beast mode suck but eh, they probably hide in the torso by the looks of it.

Backing this anyway. It'll be easier to have one and flip it than to want one and buy second-hand.
The simplest way to look at it is it's a Titan class figure in a Commander Class size. It's more complex, with higher parts counts and paint apps than a Commander, and getting retailers to buy off on it is a tough sale. MSRP would still most likely be $150 even with the larger volume that we'd see as a shared retailer exclusive, and while it doesn't take up as much shelf-space as a Titan, it would also be riskier as far as shrinkage and sales go. Throw in the fact that it (and Saber) is a niche figure and there's even less to drive non-collector sales.

Over a third of its initial goal. At this rate it'll leapfrog Ghost Rider tomorrow.

I almost feel bad for the Marvel folks. I'm not sure what would've been a better 1/6 scale vehicle set, but things aint lookin' good for Ghost Rider. I'm fairly convinced that if they'd taken the time to license a real Charger from Dodge they could've pulled in the toy car collector community as well - I mean, Fast and the Furious, Dukes of Hazzard, Bullit (though it's the wrong year), but lots of great cinematic possibilities for a real Charger. Heck, it's one of my fav muscle cars and it might have even roped me in. But the weird Fortnite proportions make it an easy pass.

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I think the bigger issue is that Robbie Reyes is too new of a character, and a legacy character to boot, to get people to drop $350 bucks on him. Had this been a equivilantly priced Johnny Blaze and motorcycle, it probably would have hit it's goal no sweat.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot why I popped in; is it just me or has the backer number slowed to a crawl for Deathsaurus?

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am hoping that we hit the Thone stretch goal. The one that came with Starscream works okay for Galvatron, but this one might work out better.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Throne looks to be too big for voyagers, sadly, so I'm still on the hunt for a cheap coronation Starscream.

Last edited:

MrBlud

Citizen
I think the bigger issue is that Robbie Reyes is too new of a character, and a legacy character to boot, to get people to drop $350 bucks on him. Had this been a equivilantly priced Johnny Blaze and motorcycle, it probably would have hit it's goal no sweat.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot why I popped in; is it just me or has the backer number slowed to a crawl for Deathsaurus?

I guarantee you a $350!! electronic motorcycle with Johnny Blaze would’ve died just as hard (or harder) than this one. Now a “Spirits of Vengeance” set with 4-5 Ghost Riders and bikes for $350 might’ve made it.

If they ditched the lights and the realistic interior of the Charger they could’ve kept the cool flame effects and probably sold it for around Commander prices. They got greedy and tried to use the car as a cost sink and it very much appears that it’s not going to work.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I guarantee you a $350!! electronic motorcycle with Johnny Blaze would’ve died just as hard (or harder) than this one. Now a “Spirits of Vengeance” set with 4-5 Ghost Riders and bikes for $350 might’ve made it.

If they ditched the lights and the realistic interior of the Charger they could’ve kept the cool flame effects and probably sold it for around Commander prices. They got greedy and tried to use the car as a cost sink and it very much appears that it’s not going to work.

Sorry, I was trying to find the right word and apparently failed, by equivilently priced, I meant priced according to the toy, not priced at exactly $350.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Car Ghost Rider is lame anyway. Doesn’t matter what model you drive, it’s just not as cool.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just realized that this Deathsaurus being scaled to HasLab Victory Saber's height (instead of making him smaller to scale with Star Saber like he did in the cartoon) should make him also scale well with Masterpiece Star Saber.
To better illustrate this, here are some size comparisons I saw on Discord that should give an idea of how HasLab Deathsaurus should scale with MP Star Saber:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

And an idea of how Deathsaurus will scale with just HasLab Star Saber:

unknown.png

So yeah, Deathsaurus will tower over HasLab Star Saber, but should fit pretty well with MP Star Saber. It's like a stealth MP Deathsaurus release.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Scale doesn’t really bother me. I’m just excited to see this figure finally getting a release.

I honestly wouldn’t even be too upset if the next HasLab was an Overlord redux. I love the Titans Return one, but let’s be honest, it could be a tad better.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
To better illustrate this, here are some size comparisons I saw on Discord that should give an idea of how HasLab Deathsaurus should scale with MP Star Saber:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

And an idea of how Deathsaurus will scale with just HasLab Star Saber:

unknown.png

So yeah, Deathsaurus will tower over HasLab Star Saber, but should fit pretty well with MP Star Saber. It's like a stealth MP Deathsaurus release.
I was thinking it might, good to see it confirmed. I may back it just because of this, as it'd give my MP Star Saber someone to face off against.

Top Bottom