HasLab Deathsaurus

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Of course that doesn’t mean the new one will still be Deluxes. We’re getting Dinoking but it’s a Core sized Combiner. A new Liokaiser could very well be the same.

See, I would be down for that. A Core-scale Breastforce would be great for my Gobot-scaled collection, would acceptably scale to my Kabaya Deathsaurus, and would be affordable enough to pick up some extras for potential custom fodder. Be nice to finally retire the knockoffs with the Doubledealer/Hellbat fusion.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I support Core Class combiners regardless, but a Liokaiser at that size sounds really fun.

And maybe at Core Class Liokaiser can have his integrated hands back without people complaining that they're too small.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
LioKaiser I think might be a regular retail release, maybe at the titan class price point, its the only way I can really see him coming to be, it might be that the next Haslab project after Deathsaurus could be something different, I mean, two Victory characters in a row, they might want to do something different next year and address a different part of Transformers, its not like we haven't had titan class combiners, then again, they might do the bots who form Liokaiser as seperate retail releases, much like Studio series Devestator has been!

MrBlud

Citizen
It’s weird. I don’t have that big (heh) a problem with Dinoking being small but I feel like I’d be disappointed with a Liokaiser that size.

Same with Monstructor but I feel like that shell has already hatched.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I am skipping the Core Dinobots, fully plan to look into the Dinoking recolor if it releases, and while I'd like to find a Galaxy Shuttle I don't know how likely that actually is. Weirdly, Deadthsaurus is probably the EASIEST one to get if it funds, since it's Haslab and will require no luck or hunting online or in person.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
A "correct" Lio Kaiser would need the Breastforce guys too.

Six deluxes ($150) and six micromasters ($72 solo, or $36 in double packs) would already be hitting Haslab costs, and those would have to deal with all of the cost cutting compromises we see (hollowness, moldsharing, less paint apps)

I don't know if it'll be the next Haslab, but that's how I'd want him.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Id like to see that Armada Prime from a few years ago be a HasLab if that’s the only way we can get him.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
ZomboDroid 31102022122917.jpg

A few nips here, a few tucks there...

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
HasLab question: Do these products need to meet the same toy safety standards that Hasbro has run up against in previous years? Or does the way they're doing it manage to get around that somehow?

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Just taking a guess, they would still have to meet most if not all of the standards. I have zero knowledge really of how it all works, but I don’t see how this would be any different than a main release.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I believe all Haslab does is make the budget much more flexible. They still need to adhere to the usual regulations

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
A "correct" Lio Kaiser would need the Breastforce guys too.

Six deluxes ($150) and six micromasters ($72 solo, or $36 in double packs) would already be hitting Haslab costs, and those would have to deal with all of the cost cutting compromises we see (hollowness, moldsharing, less paint apps)

I don't know if it'll be the next Haslab, but that's how I'd want him.
A "correct" Lio-Kaiser would also need Deathcobra as one of the tiers, because that poor guy NEEDS to finally have figure representation after all of these years. :cool:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
HasLab question: Do these products need to meet the same toy safety standards that Hasbro has run up against in previous years? Or does the way they're doing it manage to get around that somehow?

Just taking a guess, they would still have to meet most if not all of the standards. I have zero knowledge really of how it all works, but I don’t see how this would be any different than a main release.

I believe all Haslab does is make the budget much more flexible. They still need to adhere to the usual regulations

Yeah, that tracks with why they emphasized Unicron having soft rubbery spikes for safety reasons, instead of hard plastic spikes that won't bend.

Shockwave 75

Citizen
See, now with Hasbro confirming that Deathsaurus was going to be a retail item, I don't think the size had anything to do with it.
Hasbro's profits are down, they need to make up some money. They probably had a meeting and brainstormed a way to add things to this figure to make it fit their Haslab model.
Also, the arguments that he's "too obscure" to be retail; well now that we've already gotten Overlord, Black (Sky) Shadow, Pretenders, Diaclone characters, G2, and Go-Bots character at regular retail, that argument doesn't hold up. There's no such thing as an obscure character anymore. Not when you can look up anything with a few keystrokes.
You can't tell me that if they took away the throne and the stand and charged Commander class prices for it, that more of us wouldn't be lining up to buy it. I know I would, and I can afford it right now!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
But then we wouldn't also be getting Commander class Armada Prime, and that would never do.

Top Bottom